Retro Ebay Man has time machine

once upon a time, in Derby, there was a 'model' shop. It was a toy shop, but it was ancient and was pretentious enough to think it was otherwise. No Kids signs on the doors, all that. Anyway, one day they decided to jack it in and sell all the stock, so me and my student loan flush mates went in for a bucthers at the Return Of The Jedi Millennium Falcon that was in the window at £75.

Bloke behind the counter says "Oh we have another upstairs" and goes to fetch it. When he opens it, the fucking thing is mint. I mean MINT. The sticker are on the paper, the bits are in the bags sealed, the plastic whatsits still on the sprues. It was like christmas. Christ knows how he didn't know what he had but my mate ripped his arm off for it.

We went back before he closed and he had mint in box Megatrons and Soundwaves, and boxes of those Coca Cola/Fanta spinner yo-yo's. Christ knows how long they were locked up in their store room, or rather how the fuck they didn't know what they had.

Point is, some things get forgotten. Some things get found.

once upon a time, in Derby, there was a 'model' shop. It was a toy shop, but it was ancient and was pretentious enough to think it was otherwise. No Kids signs on the doors, all that. Anyway, one day they decided to jack it in and sell all the stock, so me and my student loan flush mates went in for a bucthers at the Return Of The Jedi Millennium Falcon that was in the window at £75.

Bloke behind the counter says "Oh we have another upstairs" and goes to fetch it. When he opens it, the fucking thing is mint. I mean MINT. The sticker are on the paper, the bits are in the bags sealed, the plastic whatsits still on the sprues. It was like christmas. Christ knows how he didn't know what he had but my mate ripped his arm off for it.

We went back before he closed and he had mint in box Megatrons and Soundwaves, and boxes of those Coca Cola/Fanta spinner yo-yo's. Christ knows how long they were locked up in their store room, or rather how the fuck they didn't know what they had.

Point is, some things get forgotten. Some things get found.

Was that Golden Gains/Games?

Derby was a gold mine for retro gaming stuff around 2000, I cleaned out a market stall with loads (over 100) of mint Japanese Megadrive games for 3 quid a go. He had lots more not on display in the store cupboards. Lot's of early hard to find stuff as well as some commons. He'd refused to drop the price for over 10 years before folding to my bulk purchase offer.

Derby was a gold mine for retro gaming stuff around 2000, I cleaned out a market stall with loads (over 100) of mint Japanese Megadrive games for 3 quid a go. He had lots more not on display in the store cupboards. Lot's of early hard to find stuff as well as some commons. He'd refused to drop the price for over 10 years before folding to my bulk purchase offer.

Yeah I know the one. He son went to my school but he was a few years younger than me. That stall was the first place I saw Megadrive Tetris (the pirate version!) and other cool import stuff way before it was released over here. I didn't buy loads from there because he was quite expensive. I used Whiz Kid games mail order out of the back of Mean Machines. Those were great days.

Note to self. Invest in new and sealed consoles :huh:

My only sealed console is a Gameboy Colour. they are worth nothing. NOTHING :D

That said, would you really want a sealed Spectrum, i mean 315 quid for something that you'd never use. I bet you could have a mint one for about 1/10 of that!

2 years ago my amazing girlfriend gave me a brand new Virtual Boy for christmas. Has it since been played, you bet it has!

Chris