Ru Paul's Drag Race

mechamonkey

Don’t know if anyone has watched All Stars 7, but it’s been sensational. All the Queens turned up every week, serving up consistently polished performances and looks. My days, the looks.

Won’t spoil the cast list, and is worth going in cold because it’s about as strong a line-up as a RPDR fan could wish for. Finale was last night so you can binge away.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/10/2022 at 23:53, ZOK said:

Is nobody watching this? It is a VINTAGE SEASON - may even eclipse season 2.

You called it early and have to agree. Been my favourite UK season so far, some great queens, amazing looks and really entertaining lip syncs.

Despite swearing off Drag Race last year due to overload, I have gone back in to watch the new U.K. series, and I’m glad I did. I’ve enjoyed how close-knit they all appear to be, which is no mean feat with so many big personalities. Like when a group of cats some how overcome their inherent hatred and distrust of each other - it’s all very cute and endearing. 

On 19/11/2022 at 22:27, glb said:

You called it early and have to agree. Been my favourite UK season so far, some great queens, amazing looks and really entertaining lip syncs.

The only issue I’ve had with it was Pixie Polite being kept in in favour of much better queens like Dakota Schiffer (who I wanted to win) and Le Fil…god knows what Ru sees in her, she should have been out in the first three weeks but she made it to the top five! 

I regard it as a scandal.

Dakota is so stunning, was good to see her back during the political roast. Pixie giving off Lawrence Chaney vibes albeit with a softer edge. Ru's faves can be a little hard to decipher but think she very much goes for people that will fit under her heavily branded umbrella without too much rocking of the boat (Bimini being a good example of an outstanding talent that just didn't suit winning Drag Race... her not probably worked out best for both parties anyway)

Think Danny Beard has been the best all-rounder but not sure he'll win. Looking forward to the finale this week. Also, props to Michelle who has been a bit of a style icon on the panel this season.

I think Cheddar is the nailed on winner (and has been for some time), but Danny Beard would be equally worthy. Although I’d prefer Black Pepper winning somehow.

Laurence Chaney is another disgrace - have you seen her show on iplayer? It’s basically unwatchable, we didn’t get through one episode.

Ru utterly loved Chaney who was good but nothing special.

Cheddar for the win I think, her drag is amazing. Danny beard is very good though her snatch game was disappointing. It's been a great season the only dud episode was the staff make over which felt a little inside baseball.

It was a bit to similar to the sister episode earlier in the season for me - but it was nice to hear queer stories from the crew.

Dakoka was a joy, I would have liked to see her in the final 5 she was far more interesting than Pixie Polite who was essentially a comedy queen who wasn't very funny.

2 hours ago, ZOK said:

Laurence Chaney is another disgrace - have you seen her show on iplayer? It’s basically unwatchable, we didn’t get through one episode.

I've not seen it! Wasn't a big Chaney fan but might stick it on out of curiosity.

More UK queens must be desperate to get on an All Stars so they can win tips instead of the badges. Although the last All Stars was so iconic I'm not sure how they'd even follow it as a season.

58 minutes ago, Delargey said:

Pixie Polite who was essentially a comedy queen who wasn't very funny.

Yes, it was completely bemusing - in every judges comments they would say ‘you’re usually so funny’, and we’d be like ‘When?’ Presumably off camera because they’ve not shown any of it.

I've not been a big fan of this UK season, the idea that it is on a par with season 2 is insane. Season 2 pretty much felt like it could be an All Stars season in its own right, the cast was so strong and had such great chemistry. This season has been a bit of a bore. Some of the queens are talented, no doubt, but it's just not been particularly compelling to watch. Partly a result of it being an obvious two-horse race since about episode 3 and partly because there just hasn't been any particularly interesting narrative strands running through the season.

13 minutes ago, Majora said:

I've not been a big fan of this UK season, the idea that it is on a par with season 2 is insane. Season 2 pretty much felt like it could be an All Stars season in its own right, the cast was so strong and had such great chemistry. This season has been a bit of a bore. Some of the queens are talented, no doubt, but it's just not been particularly compelling to watch. Partly a result of it being an obvious two-horse race since about episode 3 and partly because there just hasn't been any particularly interesting narrative strands running through the season.

Whilst season 2 was amazing, the looks in this season have been so far beyond anything in season 2 it’s not even funny. They are in a completely different class. 

I’m not going to address the detail of your post because it’s just plainly silly.