Ru Paul's Drag Race

“Astina was out there in an ASOS jacket” is my new favourite shade. Tia and Tayce were my faves. Shocked at the elimination tbh. 

Immediately more fun and creative than the US version though, which started out as a parody of Project Runway, and has now basically become Project Runway. Especially on the current series. 

Watched the new UK ep, serious cat-fight vibes between Liz and Michelle. Lots of shady glances. Our Liz would knock her block off, innit.

Most lopsided lip sync I can remember, wasn’t even remotely close.

Poor Joe, although I never really thought he would thrive in the format if I'm honest. You can be a great drag queen without necessarily being great at RuPaul's Drag Race. I actually know some drag queens who hate the show because they think it's very narrow in its view of what a good drag queen is. 

I definitely didn't think he was in the bottom two tonight though.

It really was hard to pick a clear bottom 2 - so many charismatic hot messes and I didn't want to see the back of any of them. Joe did seem the most set in his ways of the 2 and probably needs the glare of the show the least - so was happy he went. Definitely didn't want to see the last of vegan bombashi coventry city queen.

Love the UK series. Like the earlier rough and ready US seasons - so much more entertaining and unpredictable. Plus the celebration of lameness/cheese/Sue Pollard is so lacking across the pond.

Oh wow. Thought I’d seen the most lopsided Lip Sync a few weeks ago but the latest US one is crazy.

Spoiler

Kahmora’s dress didn’t help her, but can’t recall a contestant pretty much giving up midway through the Sync.

Symone is already feels like a star, she looks very comfortable in the format.

I'm finding that the US episode airing a day after the UK episode is not flattering the former. The UK S2 just feels so much more joyous, rambunctious and celebratory and the cast has so much more chemistry. 

US 13 looks like the most obvious one-horse race since Bob's and at least half of the queens just don't interest me at all.

Think the UK’s second season is also benefiting from having Ru there in person again. We watched the Canadian spin-off where Ru only appeared on screen to the contestants most of the time, and it all felt a bit like no one could be bothered.

Hopefully things open up a bit more in the second half of the year and the post-season tour can go ahead. Rllmuk drag meet up!

2 hours ago, Majora said:

I'm finding that the US episode airing a day after the UK episode is not flattering the former. The UK S2 just feels so much more joyous, rambunctious and celebratory and the cast has so much more chemistry. 

US 13 looks like the most obvious one-horse race since Bob's and at least half of the queens just don't interest me at all.

Yeah, for that exact reason I’ve decided to pause on US 13 until DRUK is finished. It seems like weird scheduling having them run at the same time. 

I think UK series 2 was originally planned to air around November given there are shots of the cast in a Christmas themed promo. I wonder if one of the episodes will be Christmassy?

Apparently episode 5 is when the pandemic comes into play and filming pauses. It’s also Eurovision themed.

• 2 weeks later...

UK season 2 is one of the best seasons for years. Maybe since All Stars 2. Conversely, season 13 US is a bit shit and probably amongst the worst ever. The casting is all wrong, there's little chemistry and they're forcing some desperately unlikeable queens down our throats. I've stopped watching 13 and doubt I'll return to the US version until the next All Stars. 

Yeah, the last episode of the UK one was fantastic and I can't wait for next weeks!

The US one pales in comparison, though I still think US queens looks are much stronger than the UKs.

10 hours ago, Delargey said:

Yeah, the last episode of the UK one was fantastic and I can't wait for next weeks!

The US one pales in comparison, though I still think US queens looks are much stronger than the UKs.

I prefer the lack of polish in the UK looks, it’s more interesting to me. Plus they have further to travel, so you get more of a transformation over the episodes. 

I finally got all caught up on this, what a great series! Also that Eurovision song is better than our last ten entries at least.

Tia Kofi is the clear winner for me, if her costumes weren’t mostly 10% as good as everyone else’s.

7 hours ago, ZOK said:

I finally got all caught up on this, what a great series! Also that Eurovision song is better than our last ten entries at least.

Tia Kofi is the clear winner for me, if her costumes weren’t mostly 10% as good as everyone else’s.

I thought I was the only Tia stan! Her runways are rubbish, but she’s brilliant. 

I was thinking Lawrence was the favourite to win overall early doors, but I'm now thinking it's nailed on for Bimini. From a slow start she's gone from strength to strength, whilst Lawrence seems to have wilted under his own internal pressure, and is just coming across a bit try hard now - especially in the Snatch game. 

Tia is the sweetest. Bimini is the best. Elle Diamond is so boring I had to look up her name. Sister Sister can fuck off.

I get why Lawrence Cheney is loved - he is super young and talented and has charisma to spare. But he is also a bitch and looks the same every runway.
Bimini on the otherhand is just the complete package. I have never laughed so hard at a snatch game. 'The nipples are the eyes of the face' is god-tier comedy.