Skate 3

moosegrinder

aww so you have to play for the advanced film options AGAIN? meh ;)

Nah, they come as standard this time - the filmer pack is for HD uploads and extra server space. 560 points is a bit too much though I feel.

I'd prefer to do some co-op challenges online this week - bit bored of the spot battles already. Give me a shout if anybody wants to team up for extra board sales - I'll be online most afternoons from 3pm.

;)

It was fun, albeit brief, when we finally did meet up - did you like how failz my grinds are?

Really enjoying this so far, even if I'm pretty poor. Taking a lot of goes to do challenges, but not finding any of it frustrating because it doesn't feel unfair, just I haven't quite got the necessary skills. So the sense of satisfaction when I finally nail a spot is immense. Last night it was the Parkade Entry Gap photo, which took me umpteen goes, but by the end of it, I could feel an improvement. So yeah, Skate 3 = ;)

I look forward to next time. It is losing the Tony Hawk approach that is the hardest thing to do.

I look forward to next time. It is losing the Tony Hawk approach that is the hardest thing to do.

It's doubly tricky as I used to be all about the verts in TH, only really using manuals to combo from one side of a half-pipe to the other. Liking the change a lot though. Spent about half an hour or so pootling about with grinds and manuals in the stadium bit we played in after you'd logged off, was very educational!

Oooh, I really can't wait to get into the online thing of this ;) Never really got around to playing the first two games, but really looking forward to joining in the fun with Skate 3. It's probably most fun to just skate about with a bunch of mates, innit?

Hardcore is rubbish though - you can't have the fun and when your skating it restricts you from doing bigger jumps.

You know, the ones that really blow you away when you land em.

Its not the same as simulation racing, which enables you to do more and have more fun. Its more restrictive.

Hardcore is rubbish though - you can't have the fun and when your skating it restricts you from doing bigger jumps.

You know, the ones that really blow you away when you land em.

Its not the same as simulation racing, which enables you to do more and have more fun. Its more restrictive.

I found that, the worst bit was the feeling like it was pushing you AWAY from grinds.

Hardcore mode is amazing. I've spent nearly 15 hours on this since picking it up on Friday and I'm loving it.

I'm now at the stage where I can land grinds pretty much on demand and I'm starting to build up a decent collection of footage for a montage.

Will definitely be buying the Filmer Pack DLC tonight and probably the one that unlocks everything too as I'm not really interested in the single player mode at all.

Anyone else have any crashes with this? A couple of times the whole thing has instantly frozen and become unresponsive. I've had to reboot the xbox to get it going again...

I had one the other night; the whole thing froze on a loading screen. Don't think I've had a freeze since Fallout 3 (although Just Cause 2 went a bit spacko the other day).

Great game, shame EA support is fucking diabolical. I'm still without a working Skate Pack code, so I can upload my videos and photos.

EA's solution? Give me a new code to try? No, that's too easy. They're suggesting I give them my Gamertag, my Gamertag which I used to sign up with, oh, and my Gamertag password so they can recover my account to resolve the issue. Fuck that, there's no way I'm going to be letting them have that information.

Here's a thought EA, stop putting this fucking cunty measures into games in the first place.

Had a nice relaxing session with GLB tonight, trying to unHawkify him. Went pretty well and ended up with us skating around a small car park chatting for an hour :mellow:

;) That car park feels like home now. Cheers for the tips, Brad, was really useful and enjoyable.