The worst crimes in music

On 09/10/2019 at 05:11, Art Vandelay said:

This was on the radio constantly when I visited Iceland and I had assumed it was a niche piece of continental fodder, but it's made by one of our antipodean chums and having just looked it up on Youtube it appears it was somewhat popular, amassing *adjusts glasses* eighty-two-million-fucking-views.

It's really drab, but sounds like someone has been tasked with making up a song on the spot, but is also deeply troubled with his recent spate of bed wettings and that is definitely playing on his mind.

I don't know how you'd even describe this way of singing but I fucking hate it and it needs to stop.

On 26/04/2019 at 19:00, 5R7 said:

i think this is poor music....but...an amazing vid! lol

Do you know when people laugh hysterically at something and you just stare at them like they're weird? I just did that then (the laughing, not the staring). Luckily i'm in a dark room on my own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
8 hours ago, Nick R said:

@Stanley posted it in the good cover versions thread.

I don't think it deserves all this hate. I mean, the section from 1:25 to 2:00 is really quite good.

Exactly, it’s probably the best version I’ve ever heard, Nirvana are a crime against music though, the staid boring bastards. 

On 22/04/2020 at 20:33, Uncle Nasty said:

What is happening here? Is he doing some kind of protest or is this what he's like now? Genuinely confused.

The irony about that setup is that unless his piano is permanently setup outside his house, it would have taken several people to move it while ignoring social distancing.

18 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

Has anyone posted this beaut yet?

I guess if you ever wanted to know what a middle aged and heavily constipated Viewtiful Joe might look like, there's your thumbnail.

On 22/04/2020 at 20:33, Uncle Nasty said:

What is happening here? Is he doing some kind of protest or is this what he's like now? Genuinely confused.

He has been like this for ages, his voice is shot to shit and generally he just shouts his words. Why anyone wants to go and see him live is beyond me, but then that is the "legends" circuit

Someone has done a translation

• 5 months later...

Okay This was probably posted right near the start of this but I heard this on a podcast talking about these post-9/11 country songs and this one was probably the worst. There's a line in there about being a simple guy who doesn't know the difference between Iran and Iraq, like that was a good thing. It celebrates ignorance in the most mawkish way possible. It's criminal.

On 07/10/2020 at 19:53, skadupuk said:

I miss Eurotrash, this would have been an ideal earworm for them to introduce, translates as You want my cock.

I worked with a French girl in Chiswick when Zizzi opened their first restaurant there in 1999 and she found the name hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54917681

Children in Need: Kylie, Cher and KSI cover Oasis for charity

The charity version of Stop Crying Your Heart Out, which was originally released in 2002, also features Bryan Adams, Nile Rodgers, Gregory Porter, Lenny Kravitz, Paloma Faith, Robbie Williams, Ava Max and Jess Glynne. It got its first airing on The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show on Radio 2.

ewwwwwwwwww