Sign in to follow this  
Solid SOAP

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II

this could be the return of good sonic games, the ones i fucking loved playing when i was a kid and still love to play now just for old times sake, and mario are doing it on the wii with super mario bros wii...

kill me if you please but a next-gen top down pokemon and i might just spunk myself with all these, imagine how much more you could fit on a disc than on a little gameboy cartridge?

edit: oh and i don't want him THAT quick as on the videos when playing normally, obviously with the boost or whatever but if that's just by running quickly then it will just be too hectic.. just like the originals with new ideas new levels the same cunting boss but new ways of beating him, maybe even a few older ways from the old games for old times sake... god i just want more details and a gameplay video to know if it's anything to get excited about.

This has to be a massive disappointment or else it it isn't a Sonic game made by Sega. My prediction: it'll 2.5D after all, it'll be on the DS and completely controlled with the stylus, and you'll play as Big the Cat for the entire game with Sonic only appearing in horribly misjudged top-down shoot'em up bonus levels.

The beauty of this is, after years of raping Sonic, now they'll go back and prove how the 'press right on the d-pad and wait to reach the goal' gameplay of the originals isn't quite as great as our blue-tinted spectacles keep telling us.

However, we have to remain optimistic. First rule of making Sonic likable again: shut him the fuck up.

I never were that impressed with Sonic games, after playing them on my mates Megadrive. Especially afterwards when I went home and played on my SNES.

Because they were too much for you to take in your head?

The beauty of this is, after years of raping Sonic, now they'll go back and prove how the 'press right on the d-pad and wait to reach the goal' gameplay of the originals isn't quite as great as our blue-tinted spectacles keep telling us.

However, we have to remain optimistic. First rule of making Sonic likable again: shut him the fuck up.

It really is that great. But I have low hopes for this, because Sonic 1 & 2 had the perfect balance of speed and platforming. The Sonic Rush games were wayyyy too fast. I don't ever recall dying on the MD games because I couldn't stop in time for something that had only been on the screen for 0.02 seconds. The new 2D Sonics are like that all the time. This will be just the same, impossible first time unless you have the reaction speeds of a god.

So go on then, guess the gimmick character and game mechanic.

'Smarty the Hedgehog', looks like Sonic but is a slightly different colour and has glasses or something. Gimmick: entire game played out with the characters on rollerskates for no apparent reason. Set on Earth, in, I dunno, Mexico.

Hmmm... there's a guy in the Sonic 'scene' who had pretty much perfectly reversed engineered the Sonic 2D engine, physics and all. He probably knows more about how Sonic works than anyone in Sega's own offices right now. He called it the Mr. Needlemouse engine. I wonder if he's involved somehow.

Hmmm... there's a guy in the Sonic 'scene' who had pretty much perfectly reversed engineered the Sonic 2D engine, physics and all. He probably knows more about how Sonic works than anyone in Sega's own offices right now. He called it the Mr. Needlemouse engine. I wonder if he's involved somehow.

Mr Needlemouse was the original name for Sonic when he was first created.

So I doubt it.

'Smarty the Hedgehog', looks like Sonic but is a slightly different colour and has glasses or something. Gimmick: entire game played out with the characters on rollerskates for no apparent reason. Set on Earth, in, I dunno, Mexico.

¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba!

(of course I didn't type that out)

Mr Needlemouse was the original name for Sonic when he was first created.

So I doubt it.

Yeah, it was just the first thing that sprung to mind. An internally developed Sonic...*sucks teeth*.

EDIT: He posted on 'gaf - not him.