rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Sarge

'Bad Boys 3' - Bad Boys For Life - Jan 2020

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

I don't think a third entry in a series when the last movie was 16 years ago is beating a dead horse. Its not exactly Die Hard levels of abuse. 

I'm excited for it anyway. 4 life yo. 

Well, the comment was more general than specific to this franchise. But let's look at this franchise:

"The last movie was 16 years ago"... Yeah, sisxteen  years ago... And dog shit. The very definition of a dead horse. 

(Can anyone think of a good sequel that came out a similarly long time after its original?)

They made a good film twenty odd years ago and are now gonna try to squeeze a bit more out of it with a sequel that will just piss on the memory of the one good film. 

Sequels, remakes and franchises. This is far and away the worst time in my life for films. Absolute fucking dog shit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, Raoull duke said:

(Can anyone think of a good sequel that came out a similarly long time after its original?)

How many sequels come out 16 years after the original at all? You're looking at a vanishingly small fraction of Hollywood content if that's your criteria. Any examples are flukes and freaks, rather than reliable data.

This kinda smells like Will Smith doing this just to give his buddy, Lawrence, one last big pay day.

5 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

Mad Max Fury Road

21 hours ago, Commander Jameson said:

Blade Runner 2049?

Ok then.

This will definitely still be shit though. 

• Upvote 1

It's all well bringing back Will Smith but they needed to bring back Martin lawrence as well,  who is the new guy don't recognize him?

;)

Joke aside, the trailer looks okay. BB2 was one of my favorite movies to watch in the cinema it was just so big and brash. I've watched it several times since and It's a decent buddy cop movie. I look forward to the next.

19 hours ago, MpM said:

This kinda smells like Will Smith doing this just to give his buddy, Lawrence, one last big pay day.

Didn't they have a big falling out though? I might have imagined it, or it's just bollocks gossip though. I'm sure that's why there wasn't a sequel sooner. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer though, looks fun. 

Looks fun tbh. The opening shot of Martin Lawrence getting out of the car made me laugh, and basically sold it to me. The first one is probably better than anyone remembers, the second has some fantastic sequences and is generally a cut above your usual action romp, and this looks like it could be more of the same. They seem to be playing on the ‘characters getting old’ thing*, which is exactly what a sequel so long after the last film should do.

*(Apart from Will Smith of course. Does this man ever age? I hope they comment on that too.)

15 hours ago, Raoull duke said:

Ok then.

This will definitely still be shit though. 

The Godfather Part 3 was decent too.

2 hours ago, b00dles said:

Didn't they have a big falling out though? I might have imagined it, or it's just bollocks gossip though. I'm sure that's why there wasn't a sequel sooner. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer though, looks fun. 

I dont think they fell out, I think Lawrence has always been up for it but Smith refused and he went through a phase of trying to be more serious on the noughties. Now he probably realises that BB is probably his level. 

Looks great.

On 09/09/2019 at 13:46, Comrade said:

Martin Lawrence just looks so fat

On 09/09/2019 at 13:51, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Bad Boys 2 was one of the most fucked up immoral movies ever. Hope 3 is more of the same :lol: 

I just found out that it's not a Michael Bay movie. Devestated :( 

2 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I just found out that it's not a Michael Bay movie. Devestated :( 

Having watched every movie he's made since the 90s I'm grateful he's not involved. 6 Underground is unwatchable.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I just found out that it's not a Michael Bay movie. Devestate

After watching that abomination of a movie, 6 Underground, the other night, you should be cheering from the rooftops that he's not involved.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

Watched this afternoon, loved it!

Its a great action movie with some humour!

if you like the others you will like this!

Yeah, loved it to. Some unexpected moments and the jokes worked. Not quite as good as bad boys 2 but it’s up there!