rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Sarge

'Bad Boys 3' - Bad Boys For Life - Jan 2020

14nzspt.gif

Columbia Pictures is developing a third installment of the high-octane "Bad Boys" franchise, tapping Peter Craig to pen the screenplay.

The hope is to have a script that would reunite director Michael Bay, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. At this point, with the project in the early stages, no-one has a deal to return.

The "Boys" movies feature Smith and Lawrence as Miami detectives Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett, caught up in cases involving car chases and explosions.

The first "Boys," released in 1995, helped launch Bay as a director and Smith as an action star even though it was not a fire-stamped blockbuster -- it grossed $66 million domestically and $141 million worldwide.

The sequel, released in 2003 when Bay and Smith's stars had risen, grossed $138 million domestically and $273 million worldwide.

All parties have expressed a willingness to return if a story can be hammered out. One potential hurdle, however, would be the costly deals with the players.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...eb20163c74fc6f4

Martin Lawrence is probably a dead cert, the guy must be in desperate need of some work...here's hoping Will Smith signs on as well. ;)

Can't see Bay returning, he's got a smaller project he wants to get off the ground then I'd guess he'll return to Transformers 3. Smith hardly needs this kind of project so that just leaves Lawrence...

Ok - Smith has a cameo, killed in the first 10 mins. Martin gets a new partner, perhaps Pauly Shore. Hilarity ensues. Hell, that's the script written.

Ok - Smith has a cameo, killed in the first 10 mins. Martin gets a new partner, perhaps Pauly Shore. Hilarity ensues. Hell, that's the script written.

Out to find who killed his partner, blah blah blah.

Can't see Bay returning, he's got a smaller project he wants to get off the ground then I'd guess he'll return to Transformers 3. Smith hardly needs this kind of project so that just leaves Lawrence...

i can't remember what i was watching, but Smith and Bay were on something and Smith seemed really keen to do another one, impying that they have so much fun making them. Bay was less interested, but was saying he'd do one if the script was good.

edit: actually, it was just this:

pretty meaningless now i've watched it again.

i can't remember what i was watching, but Smith and Bay were on something and Smith seemed really keen to do another one, impying that they have so much fun making them. Bay was less interested, but was saying he'd do one if the script was good.

I hope the interviewer laughed in his face.

Vimster and I have already received our cheques and a story credit.

They were both pretty decent action flicks, though 2 went on for way too long. Some solid shoot outs Smith and Lawrence had chemistry to burn but I'm not really bothered about a third flick. Much prefer to see someone do a really good Beverly Hills Cop sequel.

The first one is an OK cop thriller, but I really disliked the second one; it had an incredibly nasty edge to it. Films like this thrive on conflict and bickering between the characters, but in this they just seem to absolutely hate each other - they're like angry cokeheads, literally everything they say is a curse or an insult. Plus the action was totally chaotic.

I have no idea what the story is or who is in it, but they've put a release date on it. 17/2/17.

And Bad Boys 4 on 3/7/19.

[edit]

Seems little is actually set other than date. Looks like Smith and Lawrence haven't actually signed but are being courted. Joe Carnahan is in talks to rewrite a script by David Guggenheim (Safe House) and possibly direct.

On 31/08/2009 at 17:14, K said:

The first one is an OK cop thriller, but I really disliked the second one; it had an incredibly nasty edge to it. Films like this thrive on conflict and bickering between the characters, but in this they just seem to absolutely hate each other - they're like angry cokeheads, literally everything they say is a curse or an insult. Plus the action was totally chaotic.

Very true. I remember finding the shift in tone and edgier editing quite striking at the time when I was just used to buddy cop movies having an easy charm. It doesn't flow, it's not funny, it has no warmth. I love the first film, still think it's great, a classic even. Their chemistry is fantastic, Will Smith is cool, it's genuinely funny ('and some Skittles'), and even though you can see the Bayisms it's not so full on.

1 hour ago, John Edward Gammell said:

I won't apologise for loving how gleefully nasty the second one is. 

I fucking love Bad Boys 2 for the same reason.  BB2 just doesn't give a fuck, the same way Peter Jackson took all his bile at the time and made Meet The Feebles (love that film too).

I don't really ever expect a Bad Boys 3 but in my mind it has to be Bay directing it and noone else.

10 hours ago, pervent aline perio grow d said:

If they remade The Breakfast Club I'd finally get to see what all the fuss is about !!

Forget a remake, I want a sequel.  The lunch club!

It's probably happening after all, with production starting next month. Titled Bad Boys For Life.

The villain, Armando Armas (Jacob Scipio), is a cartel boss and killer who is after Mike Lowrey. It'll also star Paola Nuñez as a criminal psychologist and Lowrey's former girlfriend. Looks like it's all about the Lowrey.

On 21/12/2018 at 19:52, JohnC said:

The villain, Armando Armas (Jacob Scipio), is a cartel boss and killer who is after Mike Lowrey.

Record scratch/

Hold up, the Kerwhizzator is after out to kill the Fresh Prince!?' I'm in.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.965e13cf9013fd2220ead00634e4b847.jpg

• Upvote 1

Can't wait for this.

I'll be there for the first showing at my local World of Cine when it releases with my pack of Tropical Fruit Bubbalicious...and some Skittles.

• Upvote 8

I don't think a third entry in a series when the last movie was 16 years ago is beating a dead horse. Its not exactly Die Hard levels of abuse. 

I'm excited for it anyway. 4 life yo. 

• Upvote 2

I was interested, enjoyed the first, didn't mind the second - then Joe Pantoliano showed up! I didn't know he was returning. 

Excellent.