Only Connect, BBC Four

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2020 at 21:16, SeanR said:

I keep missing this. has it changed time or channel?

It moved from 8:00pm back to 7:30pm, then back to 8:00pm this week. But it’s still on BBC Two.

Klaxon! FOUR Only Connect Christmas specials this week, so it’s on Tuesday-Friday as well. Former teams return for new challenges.

Enjoying this mini-season of daily Only Connect episodes, but for this north vs south episode, I feel they’ve chosen pretty stereotypical teams to represent each one. The team from the north are like Victoria Wood characters and get all the questions wrong, and the south team are like what I imagine the QI production team are like. 

27 minutes ago, K said:

Enjoying this mini-season of daily Only Connect episodes, but for this north vs south episode, I feel they’ve chosen pretty stereotypical teams to represent each one. The team from the north are like Victoria Wood characters and get all the questions wrong, and the south team are like what I imagine the QI production team are like. 

Being both from the North and a big fan of Victoria Wood I can honestly say she's a much better writer than that. They were more like something from Little Britain.

They must have done well in a previous series though to get on this. To be fair to them, I got pretty much nothing on their wall round.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nowadays this is usually the most watched show on BBC2, getting over 3 million viewers last week.

I’m only mentioning this as it amuses me it does so well. No-one would have commissioned it thinking it would be a ratings hit and it clearly costs barely anything to make.

"Please join me again next time for another episode of the show the BBC calls 'a cost-effective content provision for focused demographic sectors'."

• 4 weeks later...

On the second wall

Spoiler

I immediately said pick the 4 double capitals, it's probably AA Milne. Felt so pleased with myself (although mostly due to the first wall)

On 30/03/2021 at 10:49, pledge said:

On the second wall

Hide contents

I immediately said pick the 4 double capitals, it's probably AA Milne. Felt so pleased with myself (although mostly due to the first wall)

Yeah, I spotted that group pretty quickly. Two very challenging walls though - recent series have made an impressive job of scaling the difficulty as the teams make progress through the rounds.