Only Connect, BBC Four

10 hours ago, Made of Ghosts said:

So smug he felt the need to specify the Tasmanian Devil was "from the Hanna-Barbera cartoons" (it's not)

I was practically jumping up and down like a lunatic screaming "IDIOT!" at the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2020 at 19:48, cubik said:

That group of whatever comes after Z-listers are on again and I don’t think I’ve ever hated a team on a quiz show more 

The team of centrist policy wonks they had a few years back is probably my most disliked.

Another team that fails to use any of the infinite guesses.

Oh look, there are some broadband providers, let's try two combinations of the five possible answers and give up shall we?

So much shouting at the TV. Idiots.

I think they're struggling with those massive perspex barriers because only the captain is able to reach the touch screen, so the others can only participate verbally where as before they would also be jabbing away at the screen, or at least, pointing.

On 07/12/2020 at 20:43, K said:

“Drunk as a duck”

What?

Yeah - not a scooby on that. I think there was another in that round that I'd not heard of, and I would count English lingo and phrases as a strong point.

On the plus side I did spot the chess question was about chess at the 5 point mark, but didn't hit the answer before they'd got down to 2 points (I was as drunk as a duck (apparently) at that point myself, so have an excuse though).

I was quite surprised no-one clocked the chess question. Like, I needed more than one to understand what the sequence was, but it was clearly chess from the start.

When the other team guessed "Harold with an arrow pointing in" I practically threw stuff at the telly.

14 hours ago, MarkN said:

Yeah - not a scooby on that. I think there was another in that round that I'd not heard of, and I would count English lingo and phrases as a strong point.

On the plus side I did spot the chess question was about chess at the 5 point mark, but didn't hit the answer before they'd got down to 2 points (I was as drunk as a duck (apparently) at that point myself, so have an excuse though).

I'm still perplexed by "drunk as a duck", I've never heard the phrase before and googling it shows very few instances of anyone using it. It's obscure to the absolute extreme.

On 07/12/2020 at 19:47, Skull Commander said:

John Caddick is a glimpse into into 10/20 years in the future, where die hard Oasis fans are still not giving up the duplo cut. 

And Andy on the other side was Ian Beale from another dimension.

8 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I was quite surprised no-one clocked the chess question. Like, I needed more than one to understand what the sequence was, but it was clearly chess from the start.

When the other team guessed "Harold with an arrow pointing in" I practically threw stuff at the telly.

I was watching straight of the back of a one hour online chess session and totally missed it!