Only Connect, BBC Four

20 hours ago, Larsen B said:

I've watched every episode this series and am completely lost at the tournament set-up. There seem to be 6 teams that just keep playing each other!

Not sure VCM making light of the fact it's nonsensical actually makes up for it being nonsensical.

It's straightforward. Not enough teams applied to fill a 32-team elimination format, so there are multiple repecharge rounds to ensure we end up with enough episodes to fill the commission...

You guys talk about entering a team every couple of years and you've never done it yet - even when "davidbod" came on here to convince you back on page 3. I assume that guy is the excellently named "David J. Bodycombe".

cWqmIT4.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I feel like I have missing vowel round super powers, but as for the rest of it I'm fucking hopeless. That's probably quite common. :lol:

It's pretty much all I'm good at. Occasionally I'll get some on The Wall. Anything else is a bonus. 

Last night I got "Thou" and "Amper" straight away, but it took me far too long to see "Quick", and I simply didn't know "Green" at all. It did seem a harder than usual episode, to be fair. I was close on several, but don't think I actually got any connections. I knew they were Skodas, but didn't know the order, plenty of close calls like that. I generally make a couple of them per episode, but wasn't in the running last night.

On 21/09/2020 at 22:10, Number 28 said:

I feel like I have missing vowel round super powers, but as for the rest of it I'm fucking hopeless. That's probably quite common. :lol:

On 21/09/2020 at 22:33, robotattack said:

It's pretty much all I'm good at. Occasionally I'll get some on The Wall. Anything else is a bonus. 

I'm pretty sure everyone is great at those rounds and regularly beats the two teams to the buzzer. And as for the picture clues on Uni Challenge, I'm convinced It's because we see the clues before the contestants do.

On 24/09/2020 at 17:11, jonamok said:

I'm pretty sure everyone is great at those rounds and regularly beats the two teams to the buzzer. And as for the picture clues on Uni Challenge, I'm convinced It's because we see the clues before the contestants do.

They put a delay in on the missing vowels round, to give the people at home a chance to play along. Apparently the teams generally get them pretty much instantly.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a 5 pointer tonight! To be fair, it was 4th: Animal Kingdom, which I assume most would get, but even having the 3rd clue in front of them The Walruses team still got it wrong.

Other clues behind the spoilers.

Spoiler

3rd: Hollywood Studios

Spoiler

2nd: EPCOT

Spoiler

1st: Magic Kingdom

The team called Puzzle Hunters were ridiculously good. 28 points over the show might be the highest I've ever seen. But the main reason I'm bumping this is because they put out a call for teams, and I've seen in this thread that some might be willing to give it a go ...

5 hours ago, merman said:

Loved seeing Mitch Benn on this week's

(And if you haven't check out Mitch Benn Patreon on YouTube for some hilarious content)

spacer.png