Only Connect, BBC Four

Right, I have the application form.

There's a quiz at the end, it says we should do it as a team in fifteen minutes, conferring allowed.

Not sure how we can do that, so I suggest we just do it individually and collate our efforts. Be honest, no point in cheating.

I'll see if I can PM you all with the form.

And we seem to have four candidates for a three person team. Someone will have to be the backup.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to miss Murderous McLovin. His shifty glances made the series for me. I also hope the big-faced captain of the other team gets fired into the sun at some point.

Tie-breakers in both semis seems ultra-tight. Fortunately, at home, I get 80% of my points in the thicko Missing Vowels round. I'd be laughing.

My proudest moment came earlier this series, in the second round, where you have to guess the fourth box. The first one was revealed as Starship Traveller, and instantly I screamed 'Warlock of Firetop Mountain' (the first four FF books in reverse order, obvs). I was beaming, the missus was somewhat less impressed.

Fortunately, at home, I get 80% of my points in the thicko Missing Vowels round. I'd be laughing.

Apparently they slow this round down / add in a pause for the TV broadcast. The teams actually buzz a lot quicker but it's better TV if people at home have at least a little time to guess

Was it ever explained years ago in episode 1 why the categories are hieroglyphic symbols? Or is it just because?

They used to be Greek didn't they?

[edit]1st 3 series.

I almost remember her quip for the change,..

Edited by SeanR

Wikipedia

series 4 Coren Mitchell announced that this idea had been dropped, ostensibly due to viewer complaints that it was too pretentious, and that henceforth Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs (two reeds, lion, twisted flax, horned viper, water and the eye of Horus) would be used instead. The show's opening sequence continued to display Greek letters until series 5, when they were replaced with the hieroglyphs

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've watched every episode this series and am completely lost at the tournament set-up. There seem to be 6 teams that just keep playing each other!

Not sure VCM making light of the fact it's nonsensical actually makes up for it being nonsensical.