rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Asura

Guild Wars 2 - RLLMUK server: "Desolation"

Have Arenanet completely ruled out 'proper' expansions in favour of this living story approach, then? By proper expansion I mean significant content additions including things like new races, classes, dungeons and so on.

They've ruled out paid for expansions, I think. This doesn't mean they've ruled out new races, classes or dungeons.

edit: that might actually be completely incorrect. I'd read that they were just going all out on constant updates but apparently that might be wrong. I think it's a 'if we start making less money we'll release an expansion' sort of stance

"Some of our players believe that because we are doing this Living World seasons, and these features or these big feature-builds, that it means that the features you would traditionally get in an expansion, or the content you would traditionally get in an expansion, is not something that will get added to Guild Wars 2. And that is not true at all.

"Not only are we doing those things, new features and content you would traditionally get from a boxed expansion are also things that will be added to Guild Wars 2.

"The thing that we haven't decided yet," he went on, "is what form that type of content will take. Is it right for Guild Wars 2 for that kind of boxed expansion? Is it right for that to be something we add, live, through storylines in the game? Is that something we want to sell through our in-game store? There are a lot of different options available to us.

"... but we absolutely are going to do sweeping new features that you would traditionally only get in expansions - large regions, content and progression additions to your characters in the form of growth and professions and races. Those are all things that you will see in the lifespan of Guild Wars 2."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

THey could do with some kind of 'welcome back' guide. I logged into my level 80 warrior and had no clue what was going on, where to go, what was good or bad anymore :P

Started the Asura engineer. Also made a Norn Guardian, because goddamn those Norn cultural heavy sets are awesome. I used to have the t1 set on my warrior (as seen in the screenshots up there), but I don't seem to have them any more. They aren't in my bags, bank or my wardrobe page. Pretty pissed off about that, tbh.

You can't be pissed off about not keeping a thing you didn't keep :P Unless it's at yourself, which is allowed.

Things to do - you'll want to join in on the new story that's going on probably, which means following the prompts from in your journal (H for hero window, then the tab that looks like a compass star) which should send you to Dry Top, and will appear like the green story marks on the map. There's lots of events and things to collect going on over there to take a look at. And when you want something different there's your lowbies, PvP, WvW or Fractals. Oh and world bosses as per the timer.

I don't think I would have purposefully gotten rid of it because you could always make armour look like other amour, right? I don't remember getting rid of it, but maybe I did. Who knows?!?

Oh man, I forgot how good (and accurate!) the human dance was!

My engineer:

gw016_zps03d6c12a.jpg

My guardian:

gw019_zpsd4fcf6b5.jpg

If you want to make some money, and like the idea of PvP, I suddenly realised after spending the weekend playing it that I'd made about 10g by doing it. Plus gotten a handful of exotics and other stuff. Spend a few nights doing that and you'll easily afford any cultural armour you like.

Also you get 1g for doing your daily, or you could always invest in some gems if you fancy getting some gold the easy way. Fractals give you 5g on completion, but I *think* you have to be level 80.

Picture time!

My necromancer checking out rata sum
14732300144_ecf063e010_b.jpg

Me and the gang checking out Anya's Hidden Strawberry Patch (shh it's a secret)
14711669566_77f2c995b6_b.jpg

Warrior got some new armour

14548222457_7a6fc5fdef_b.jpg

Exploring Dry Top

14548220527_d78ddffca1_b.jpg

I don't know any general consensuses, but I know I'm very much in favour of playing the class that you like the look and feel of. I don't think any class is bad. It's not like WoW with their never-ending 'balancing' (read: nerf, buff, nerf, buff), everyone seems pretty much capable of anything, just play them to their and your strengths.

PS. Neko-golem, kawaiiii!

14711666936_dd2b23dd2d_b.jpg

I don't think class matters unless you're doing zerker speed runs with spergs.

Shark. Have you made sure you logged in once with all your old characters? There's some system conversions to do and it'll unlock any skins you had account wide.

Also Fractals. Shit loads of fun. Just did my first run in one tonight. Had a very helpful guy explain.

First segment has us all as flame legion char attacking a city. Second one we scaled a giant statue man to help free him (Tip. Bow to him when he bows at you when it's over. You get an achievement). Third one was a dredge hangout and the boss fight was the guys from the molten alliance.

I have no clue what's going on. I started episode 1 of season 2, but having missed season 1 entirely I don't have a clue what's happening. :lol:

Minkee and Flub, would you mind letting me know your character names so I can add you to my friends list and bombard you with stupid questions, please?

I am minkee.7682 for your friends list

I missed season 1 too, but I think the general gist is pretty simple, some crazy plant lady bombed a load of crap and everyone's still reeling from it. The rest is all pretty new!

I love the Norn voice on my Warrior, she's great :D It used to be reaaaallly deep but they changed it in one of the betas

I bought the Assassin's outfit after a lot of umming and ahhing, but I'm really pleased, I think it looks great :D And look, my necromancer is delighted, she can barely contain herself

14756430373_81f06753f8_b.jpg

I have everything turned up super nice, then tweak the levels in photoshop and sharpen it and stuff. Nothing too major, but I'm a photographer I can't help but post-process ;x

Incoming class changes. Amazing scenes

Engineer
Power Wrench: Previously delivered crippling blows with your autoattack and your throw wrench ability. This has been folded to the baseline of your toolkit so now you don’t have to equip this trait to maintain that crippling effect. Instead, Power Wrench has been changed to have a 10% damage increase while using the toolkit. Your combo, your pry bar and your thrown wrench abilities will all have the 10% damage increase.
Always prepared: previously only dropped bandages for your allies to pick up. Now we added oilslicks so when you go down you will drop a protective ring of oil slick that will knock enemies off.
Elite supplies: This trait no longer grant increased duration while using Elixir S. Instead, you now get 50% extra move speed. Tornado has been changed to a lightning field and now you can launch whirling bolts as it is also a whirlwind combo.
Accelerate-Packed Turrets: This trait’s knockback distance has been reduced by 50%. Making it go from a 300 range knockback to 150 range. The intention of this trait is to cause disruption among your enemies rather than controlling the area with massive knockbacks.
Rocket Turret: Explosive rockets – velocity increased and rockets now track your target.
Flamethrower: Increased damage of the Flame Jet by 33%. Flame Blast detonate changed to a blast finisher. Flame Blast now delivers strikes on each pulse. Air Blast – increased the cast time by 1/4 of a second so it has a more delay to it with more tell through the effects (more windup).
Elixir R – Cast time reduced by 1/4 of a second. In addition to refill your endurance you will also remove immobilize.
Elixir C – Number of conditions affected by this skill increased from 1 to 2 for all allies affected by it. Launch Personal Battering Ram – Damage increased by 20%
Medkit – Drop Antidote will now remove immobilize if you use it while been immobilized.
Utility Goggles – Analyze – this ability now 6s of revealed in addition to the vulnerability it applies.
Glue Shot – Increased the velocity of the projectile by 50%
AED – We thought this ability was slightly underperforming – will now remove damage conditions when you reach the threshold.

Ranger
Signet of Beastmaster – This signet hampered the way rangers could spec. This signet no longer exists and all the signets have those effects baseline (affecting you and your pet). The trait that now replaced Signet of the Beastmaster is now called Predator’s Onslaught – You and your pet deal bonus damage to enemies suffering from movement impeding abilities (Crippled, Chilled and Immobilize). The damage bonus is 10% for your self and 5% for your pet.
Read the Wind – In addition to increase longbow/harpoon projectile velocity, attack speed is also increased (fire arrows fast).
Strider’s Defense – Increased the % to block from 15% to 20%
Beastmastery trait line – Remove the requirement to use specific pets with some traits. For example, Rending Attacks now bleeds with any pet crit on their basic attack. Stability training will activate with any pet when they are disabled. Intimidation Training now applies Cripple on any of your pet’s F2 skills with strikes.
Longbow – Cast times have been tightened up so you are not stuck casting something for a long time.
Long Range Shot – short range damage increased by 17%. Medium range damage by 7%. Long range damage unaffected.
Rapid Fire – Hard to use as you were stuck casting it for 5s at a time. Cast time now reduced by 50%
Barrage – Reduced cast time by 0.5 seconds.

Greatsword
For autoattack combo, damage of Power Stab (3rd skill in the chain) increased by 10%
Maul – Increased the max amount of targets from 3 to 5 while increasing the radius from 150 to 220.
Swoop now evades in the attack portion of the ability. You can be still stuck while traveling to your target.
Counterattack – Aftercast reduced – now you can respond much more quickly after landing your knockback.
Hilt Bash – Stun and daze duration of the skill have been increased from 1s to 1.5s
Sic’ Em this skill now applies 6s of Revealed to enemies.
Entangled – Recharged of this ability reduced from 150s to 60s. Duration of the roots themselves decreased from from 20s to 5s.

Axe
Ricochet – Now grant might on hit. 3s base might duration. You want to hit multiple targets for max amount of might stacks.
Path of Scars – Velocity of projectile increased by 25%

Pets
Black Bear’s Enfeebling Roar slightly changed so that it no longer goes through blocks and evades but now delivers a strike.
Polar Bear’s Icy Roar has received the same sort of rework.

Only Engineers and Rangers? Or is that just the first wave of news? It's mostly meaningless to me, but I'll give it a read through anyway just in case it changes something significant for me :D

I was under the impression that level 79-80 took just as long as level 1-2, but I've noticed that the amount of experience required to level is increasing each time - do you get more experience per event/heart later on to even it out, or will it actually take longer to level at higher levels? I know you can scale down your level to go to earlier zones but (assuming experience gain scales at higher level events) does that mean you get less experience in lower level zones?

I know that levels 1-10 go really fast. Don't really know abuot the rest. I level from 80-81 about 2 times in a normal day. Or something like that, I can't say I pay all that much attention. You keep levelling once you get to 80 as a way to get more skill points, which is a kind of currency for some stuff.

Oh, but this is what I came here to show you, these screenshots are from here: http://amelia-raiher.tumblr.com/post/91357440586

tumblr_n8gy28bRHg1rsmn59o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n8gy28bRHg1rsmn59o2_1280.jpg

I was under the impression that level 79-80 took just as long as level 1-2, but I've noticed that the amount of experience required to level is increasing each time - do you get more experience per event/heart later on to even it out, or will it actually take longer to level at higher levels? I know you can scale down your level to go to earlier zones but (assuming experience gain scales at higher level events) does that mean you get less experience in lower level zones?

You get more experience for actions the higher your real level. It doesn't matter which zone you're in. After the first few levels the level curve is pretty much flat.

Here's a tribute to Scarlett Briar, the main bad guy from the Season 1 Living World. Makes me sad I missed it (and will be sure to log in to all the s2 updates)

• Upvote 1

Must admit I'm really enjoying playing this again, but I can't decide on a character to stick with :lol: currently messing around with a sylvari guardian.

I think that's part of the beauty of this game - you set your own goals and play the way you want to play. So if you want to level 5 characters to 80 that can be your goal, no problem. If you want to just do one and get it kitted out to the max then fine. If you want to just do WvW and sod the rest that's fine too. Do the story, don't do the story, explore absolutely everywhere, or don't, PvP or dungeons. So many option and none of them wrong.