rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Asura

Guild Wars 2 - RLLMUK server: "Desolation"

Power increases all damage at a flat rate.

Precision increases crit chance.

Vitality is your hp.

Toughness reduces the enemies' chance to crit you and reduces all damage. It's not a 'tank' stat, since in pve and dungeons you will be getting hit and this will help negate some of that, so it's worth getting.

+ condition damage increaSes your dot damage (bleeds, as a warrior)

+ healing does what you'd think - it's useful for everyone as you're responsible for healing yourself.

All stats are really good for warriors - it just depends on your build and what you want to accomplish, really. My build is all about power, precision and condition damage, for instance.

Oh, and I've got 400 armour smithing and 400 weaponsmithing so can make all the exotic heavy armour and weapons.

How big is the game world in this. I just want to get lost questing by myself on an evening when i get in from work. I really like exploring. Is it anything like the vast size of WoW? I was going to play WoW again, but it seems I have to buy the expansion, and pay a fee on top to play :S.

The game world is about as big as vanilla wow, if not bigger - even the smallest zones are probably on par with the barrens from wow. 26 zones in total, not including the capital cities which are also massive. Probably not as big as wow + expansions, though. It really is a massive game and great for just exploring, what with the points of interest and vistas to discover.

This is the game world as it stands, with each zone clearly marked:

Gw2-World-Map-Labeled.jpg

And this is a map of the world of Tyria as a whole, showing the potential for expansions...notice how tiny the current in game world is in this context!

QnTJj.jpg

The WvW maps are also massive.

One of the coolest looking areas in the game, Frostgorge Sound. The main city there is made of ships.

gw178.jpg

This is how I look these days. I like it.

gw183.jpg

gw185.jpg

I'll be around this weekend and would like to get some dungeons done. Can do any of them.

I just finished Goemms lab in Metrica Province. I only stumbled upon it by accident. I think I've been fighting it for an hour. Very very satisfying to be finished

There's a really fantastic jumping puzzle just like Goemms lab in the South East of Lion's Arch. You get to it by jumping up the haystacks round the back of Tokk's Mill. It's like being in The Goonies! ^_^

Just to continue something said earlier about WvWvW, the reason for the server imbalance has been found, apparently. Though the evidence is quite circumstantial, people are suggesting that many of the players on the Euro French servers are, in fact, French Canadian. Given the time difference between the two zones, this has resulted in a situation where they have more coverage, on average, over 24hrs than Euro English, German, Pacific or American zones. It's one of the reasons that the French servers seemed to be doing amazingly well in WvW; between the hours of 11pm and 5am, which are the "down" times for Europe, the French servers had high populations in WvW which allowed them to steamroller over whoever they were pitted against.

People had previously thought this was because they were just really committed and staying up late en masse, but it appears this isn't the case.

Not sure if ArenaNet are going to do anything about it, or even if they should. It does explain a bit about their dominance though.

And this is a map of the world of Tyria as a whole, showing the potential for expansions...notice how tiny the current in game world is in this context!

QnTJj.jpg

That map is odd. I get that the three filled in continents are the current world (roughly the locations from Guild Wars Prophecies and Eye of the North, minus the Crystal Desert), and there is Cantha (Factions) and Istan (Nightfall), as well as the battle islands from GW1 - but the other three red boxes, what are they? Where did you get this map?

That map is odd. I get that the three filled in continents are the current world (roughly the locations from Guild Wars Prophecies and Eye of the North, minus the Crystal Desert), and there is Cantha (Factions) and Istan (Nightfall), as well as the battle islands from GW1 - but the other three red boxes, what are they? Where did you get this map?

The map was datamined from the GW2 Beta.

I started an elementalist earlier in the week. Now level 24 and I've settled on twin daggers for fightin' (With a staff for backup for any tricky boss fights). Melee eles are just amaze. I've really gotten into element switching and there's a really good variety of skills that to be honest is missing from the staff. Trait wise I'm currently stacking healing and toughness. Pop into water mode and I get a very strong health regen and switching to earth gives me one extra toughness point per level (On top of what the traits have already given me). Next point in toughness and I'll be getting a 3% damage buff while in melee rage. Button 5 in dagger dagger earth is huge. I don't see many people playing dagger/dagger either. Most seem to be staff based.

I also have all the professions covered across my characters and so far I've been able to keep pace with everything but cooking. Jewelcrafting is very nice. I'm about to have two weeks off work and I'll be spending most of it on the couch with my laptop. :)

Wow, I've done almost the same thing, except that I'm not having any trouble with cooking. Jewellery is really easy, the easiest of all the crafts I've learnt so far.

BTW a nice trick is to swap crafting items between characters via the bank, it makes cooking for example much easier..

Been enjoying the game, but the broken DE's are starting to annoy me. I grinded the karma for my last piece of temple armor from Melandru, but the patch last night reset it so its now contested, and the npc that starts the event doesn't have the dialogue to start it, despite the pact being ready to assault the temple. Really want my last piece to complete the set.

Could someone tell me if the temple is uncontested on any server they may be on so I could transfer and get it sorted? It may be that its bugged on every server, but would like to at least try. I cant seem to find any other way of obtaining it other than waiting till a server reset or whatever and praying it works.

Edit: Asked on the official forum for a server where the vendor is present and found one on Underworld so transferred and got it finally :D

gw012.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mesmer has been brilliant fun in WvW.

Pulling enemies off of the towers with Temporal Curtain is a must. Watching them scramble, popping every CD they have to try and make it back to the gate entrance as 10 guys jump on their back :lol:

Mesmer has been brilliant fun in WvW.

Pulling enemies off of the towers with Temporal Curtain is a must. Watching them scramble, popping every CD they have to try and make it back to the gate entrance as 10 guys jump on their back :lol:

I don't know how people do that - I've tried a few times. Whenever I use abilities like that (or the push ability on the greatsword) it only pushes enemies to the edge of the drop, but never actually over.

You can do the story mode of Ascalonian Catacombs from level 30, yes. I think you need to be 35 to do the explorable mode, not sure if that's an actual restriction or just general advice. The next dungeon, Caduceus Manor, is open at level 40.

I don't know how people do that - I've tried a few times. Whenever I use abilities like that (or the push ability on the greatsword) it only pushes enemies to the edge of the drop, but never actually over.

Temporal Curtain seems to be the best for it. They have to be stood on top of the wall though, you can't pull them over the lip of the tower. I just stand close to the tower wall and lure them on to it with line of sight.

Illusionary Wave is great too. You can't knock NPC's off of the edge of hills / buildings, but it works every time for me in PvP.

Pro saved some guy at Etheron Hills yesterday by blasting someone off the cliff as he was about to stomp. Then got blasted off myself just as I ressed him >.<

I do! I plan to use the information in this post as an excuse if I happen to die over and over (again). :(

That said, I'm not too far off having the materials to (have someone) craft Exotic Rampager's armour now, I could probably buy the rest of the Globs of Ectoplasm from the Trading Post. In retrospect, I think buying a Magic Find (Explorer's) rare set at level 80 was probably a mistake - it doesn't seem to make an appreciable difference, and you forgo a lot of useful stats for the bonus to Magic Find.

Found a Black Dye the other day, so decided to sell it for about 2 gold 50 silver.

So I power leveled my Tailoring to 300 on my Mesmer. Gained myself a good 7 levels or so and created some sweet Linen clothes with Explorer runes for when I hit 65. Hopefully I'll get lucky with another dye and power level my Weaponsmithing :P

How easy is money to come by for the people who are currently Level 80 by the by?

Awesome. Easy money sucks.

I'm only Level 37 as my Mesmer anyway, so got some way to go. Leaving my Elementalist at 67 until my brother's catch up (fucking slackers).

It's not - that seems to be the consensus from the official forums. Mainly due to the repair costs.

I think its mainly due to travel costs, the repair costs are just secondary. I have a fair bit of cash at the moment (still nowhere near the silly numbers people are asking for the precursor weapons mind), but I've had to grind Cursed Shore a lot to get that.