Persona 3 - PSP

Royshan

Think he's talking about this
The game appears to differ from the PS2 version of Persona 3 as the game's hero seems to be a heroine. Few other details are currently known, but the game will be out in Japan on November 1.

I hope it's sufficently different in content, lovely :hmm:

You can choose between the original male lead or the new female one. I need to know if it contains 'The Answer' as in FES, as I haven't started it yet. May save it for the PSP, if I can.

That's correct. The main bulk of the game is the same but officially theres new scenes and dialogue depending on who you're using. I don't know if I can return to it anytime soon, 120 hours was sunk into 3 on the PS2 and I'm scared a bit of going through it with a different viewpoint as a new main character add making it feel really different.

Argh! Where did my original post go? There was a nice image and everything.

Still, Persona 4 style control the whole party though. Will make it a more comfortable game to play.

Seriously, day one.

The lack of individual control was a bit jarring at first but I found I soon got used to it, and that it added some extra excitement to battles (and frustration too, admittedly). You can pretty much direct your party with tactics. Surely the whole game will be unbalanced if you can micromanage?

I wonder if the battle still ends if your main character dies, or do they all have to die now?

Eh? That's not GViper at the top of the thread. ;) Anyway, this is very interesting news; part of me is a bit concerned about how the heck they'd squeeze it onto PSP and what concessions will have to be made, but if they pull it off it'll make the handheld even more amazing. Having said all this, it's still - if not exactly, then based on - a game I've already played a lot of, and at present I'm keener to find out more about the PSP release of the original, but it's all good. ;)

I've got FES and Persona 4 but I never seem to be able to sit down long enough to play a console rpg anymore and make much more progress on portable versions instead. I'm only 5 hours into DQ VIII but have managed to clock 35 hours on DQ IV in comparion so any port of a console rpg to handheld I look forward to. Hopefully I'll have time to complete the Persona remake before this is released in the west.

I've got FES and Persona 4 but I never seem to be able to sit down long enough to play a console rpg anymore and make much more progress on portable versions instead. I'm only 5 hours into DQ VIII but have managed to clock 35 hours on DQ IV in comparion so any port of a console rpg to handheld I look forward to. Hopefully I'll have time to complete the Persona remake before this is released in the west.

You'd have about 9 months I'd wager. Atlus translations are good, and so take a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Some new P3Portable vids for youz! Intro's looking rather spiffy, no?

EDIT: Can't. Stop. Listening.

Looks like it's been heavily reworked for PSP, now bearing more than a passing resemblance to Persona 1 for PSP. These vids are from Famitsu, apparently, hence the shaky-cam quality. Also, they changed Elizabeth to a man for a female playthrough? Ha! EDIT: He's called Theodore!

Combat appears to be the only aspect of portable to retain 3Dness.

interesting, that way of navigating the world looks pretty good for the PSP & what appeared to be instant access to the world map from anywhere is nice.

I like the intro, it seems to shy away from the head shooting imagery which appeared in the P3 & P3 FES intros.

I love the melting away part as the Burn My Dread lyric kicks in at about 1:00

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's been heavily reworked for PSP, now bearing more than a passing resemblance to Persona 1 for PSP. These vids are from Famitsu, apparently, hence the shaky-cam quality. Also, they changed Elizabeth to a man for a female playthrough? Ha! EDIT: He's called Theodore!

Oh wow. That's just...

..wow. :eyebrows:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ooh, nice. Was worried this might end up staying in Japan or something... Embarrassingly, I actually played through the J version sometime last year (due to being an impatient fool), but I still look forward to replaying it whilst being able to understand the thing! :quote: Moonspeak aside, it's potentially one of the best additions to the PSP's game library and makes the handheld even more essential for fans.

EDIT: and yeah, the Atlus.com site says 6th July...

• 5 months later...

Bump! Anyone importing this from the States then? Places like Amazon.com and the like are selling this now, but I may hold off until the Euro release due to being in the middle of other games (including another replay of FES :( ) Then again, I've no idea when it's supposed to land over here...

VGP cancelled my payment halfway through making it because they were sold out. :D

Ordered from Movietyme but haven't had notice of shipping yet. Not used them for ages - has anyone else had any issues with them at all?

I'm still waiting for Movietyme to ship it. I had it pre-ordered from last week. They have it as "Buy" on the site so I don't think it is out of stock. Grrr... :(