IGNORED

The Walking Dead!

The Sarge

I gave up on it after about give episodes, never to go back. Thought it was very dull.

I think it's the nature of the gangster epic: slow builds, major players maneuvering around each other, sporadic outbursts of horrible violence... I guess some might find it dull. I find it pretty riveting. Then again, it's not just because of the elements I've mentioned. They must be doing something else right when it comes to writing interesting characters. Compare it to another recent, kind of gangster-ish, similarly opulent, character-driven saga, The Borgias. Now there's an incredibly dull show for you. That seems to get everything wrong, where Boardwalk Empire gets just about everything right.

5 episodes wasn't enough. The 2nd series is even better.

I think it's the nature of the gangster epic: slow builds, major players maneuvering around each other, sporadic outbursts of horrible violence... I guess some might find it dull. I find it pretty riveting. Then again, it's not just because of the elements I've mentioned. They must be doing something else right when it comes to writing interesting characters. Compare it to another recent, kind of gangster-ish, similarly opulent, character-driven saga, The Borgias. Now there's an incredibly dull show for you. That seems to get everything wrong, where Boardwalk Empire gets just about everything right.

5 episodes wasn't enough. The 2nd series is even better.

5 episodes is plenty. That's 5 hours of TV. If you haven't hooked me by then, then it's not going to happen. I didn't like any of the characters or any of the plots. Comapre it to The Wire, another slow burner, but so, so much better executed.

i gave up on it and watched Dead Set instead, which i've never seen before. i think the entire thing probably has 1/4 the budget of a single episode of this drivel, but it really emphasises the importance of good writing.

you're old. you're a pervert. you stink the bog out. you're pretentious. your clothes make you look like a cunt. they have poured insults on you like buckets of cum. do you know what they call you when you're out of the room? Gollum.

:)

I read the spoiler

GLENN KILLS SOPHIA IN THE FACE

... which was a shame to know in advance, but I do have high hopes for tonights episode.

Facebook feedback on the WD page seems to be lots of people complaining about the pace and how dull it's becoming. I hope they pick up on this and get it moving a bit. The budget cuts have been far too obvious and it's almost as though AMC knew they didn't have to try that hard to get a decent audience... but that goodwill could die very quickly.

Being the last episode until February, this is exactly why they have done it now. So people will hope it comes back like that. But it won't.

AKA Smallville Syndrome.

Personally I'm not sure if 5 minutes of decent TV after 6 episodes and 35 minutes of banality is exactly indicative of it turning a corner going forward. But I'm going to try and be cautiously optimistic.

Decent round-up of the various TV critics reviews of the season so far.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/walking-dead-season-2-midseason-finale-reviews

They didn't even really explain the whole zombies being able to smell them in ATL yet couldn't really smell them under a car thing in The Talking Dead. It does look like it will get a lot better though and at least this season is going to be 13 episodes.

It's annoying that they've degrading so badly they have problems smelling fresh blood if it's leaking out from underneath a zombie. Did that woods zombie run out of steam as well? It was moving faster than a normal roamer/walker/zombie then suddenly looked a bit gassed

Rick said something to Sofia about 'getting winded'

but the whole episode was so badly written and tedious that I couldn't be arsed to rewind it. Zombies don't get winded, they just keep going even if their lungs are flapping around outside their bodies.

Wouldn't the smartest thing to do be to get hold of some suppressors? I'm not up on the legalities of owning them, so no idea if you can buy them from gun shops but surely they can't be that difficult to get :unsure:

Would mean they could shoot Zach with impunity; or is it too logical for a supposed suspense filled TV show?

They could just stick potatoes on their weapons, I'm sure I read/dreamt/made-up that they make a great suppressor if you're in a bind. Plus, instant baked potato after a few shots have been fired.

On the subject of silencers, I saw a film years ago - one of the black gangsta movies that were all the rage in the 90s, possibly "Strapped" or "South Central". Anyway, they used potatoes as silencers on their shitty little .38 revolvers. It was amazing. Proper big jacket style spuds.

Yay! I've just finished episode 2x01, so I was sneaking through the thread, replying as I went. I'm glad the potato thing turned out to be a 'fact'.