The Walking Dead!

The Sarge

18 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Whaaaaat?! That's insane, something has gone wrong with the budget of this show's marketing if I had no idea. So, episode 9 is the 1st right?

Yeah, 9 was the first new one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Daryl hasn't aged particularly well, has he? He was lean and mean in the first few seasons, but now he kind of just waddles around. There was an episode in the current season where he had to sit down on a sofa and it was the most awkward thing ever. He sort of just fell over onto it.

Nearly there, can't wait until this is finally done. Been waiting 5 seasons for this moment. I was watching the last few episodes realizing that I can't stand any of the characters. The ONLY likable character now is Nathan, which is bizarre. The others are either terrible actors or just really REALLY dull.

Gabrielle, King Ezekial, Carol and Eugene especially drive me mad. WTF was that episode where Eugene was suddenly a detective and they play 'detective style' music. That's probably going to be a spin-off isn't it? 

Fucking hell, I've wanted this show to finish since season 4 and it just keeps getting worse. I've given up twice and returned for some reason, just want it to end. Why have they split 'the final season' into THREE parts? prolonging our suffering. Just get it over goddammit, get Rick in at the end, hug his daughter and when asked what happened have him reply 'It's a long story, it could be a movie...or two...", have him turn to the camera and wink, fade to black, done.

• 3 months later...

I’ve watched the first two stories in Tales of The Walking Dead. The first was perhaps the kind of thing I expected. Mostly a road trip with Terry Crews. 

The second though. WTF? Out of nowhere, a

Spoiler

Groundhog Day style time loop?

Didn’t see that coming. 

Both, especially the second, even had humour! 

• 1 month later...

Well, this is back!!

Highlight of latest episode...

Spoiler

a commonwealth soldier just kind of stood there like a plank firing his gun and letting the zombies get closer. Behind him is three hundred miles of open fields. He could've turned around, ran away a bit, turned back and shot some more zombies. Repeat at least until he's ran out of bullets and can run away a bit more, as the zombies are moving really slow. But no. And the daft twat gets ripped in half. Classic Walking Dead.

11 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

Well, this is back!!

Highlight of latest episode...

Reveal hidden contents

a commonwealth soldier just kind of stood there like a plank firing his gun and letting the zombies get closer. Behind him is three hundred miles of open fields. He could've turned around, ran away a bit, turned back and shot some more zombies. Repeat at least until he's ran out of bullets and can run away a bit more, as the zombies are moving really slow. But no. And the daft twat gets ripped in half. Classic Walking Dead.

Spoiler

Even better was the part where the guys just sat in the jeep while one of their men was pulled apart.

The commonwealth soldiers appear to have bodies with the same resilience as a piece of pork that's been in a slow cooker for eight hours.

I only realised it was back yesterday too. I feel like I'm watching it purely to see it through to the conclusion at this point, rather than having much interest in it any more.

I've also got at least a season of FTWD still to watch too.

3 hours ago, FishyFish said:

Reveal hidden contents

Even better was the part where the guys just sat in the jeep while one of their men was pulled apart.

The commonwealth soldiers appear to have bodies with the same resilience as a piece of pork that's been in a slow cooker for eight hours.

I only realised it was back yesterday too. I feel like I'm watching it purely to see it through to the conclusion at this point, rather than having much interest in it any more.

I've also got at least a season of FTWD still to watch too.

Same here. I’ve got this far. I’m not quitting now!

:D 

Spoiler

:(

• 4 weeks later...

As i was up to date I have just embarked on a full rewatch to see how it holds up. Yes I KNOW , but Im a fan of zombie films and zombie things in general, I even watch the 2nd Romero trilogy willingly. I was thinking I would post my rewatch impressions here as the thread would be as dead as the majority of the inhabitants of the Walking Dead but now I see the 2nd half of final season is landing bah!

Anyway I am past season 1 and 2 and just starting season 3 so here are some simple updates for these and I will keep future updates for once the series is over!

Season 1

It has an odd little mini series feeling. It is oddly a tad dated and feels slightly amateurish around the edges. The use of CGI is very distracting and the acting is soap opera level in the "camp" (specifically Carol's husband which I thought was decent on first watch but now is quite clunky.

Patchy but enjoyable in retrospect, the first two episodes are very good and it ends well after a dangerous dip in the middle. Michael rooker is superb but underused.

season 2

The opening half is pretty bad and wanders too much, takes ages to get going and the stuff around sofia is horribly contrived (both the loss and reveal), I will admit my attention wandered during these episodes. The maggie glen stuff is pretty rubbish as well, there arent many redeeming features. Once the 2nd half (post barn reveal) gets going it picks up nicely, it wont be for everyone but I like the stuff with the kid they catch and the moral quandries they try to negotiate and the way they realise they are changing. Shane is meh

Season 3

Only watched first episode or two. That 6 months over winter when they struggled to survive? SHOW IT FFS. Do what Battlestar Galactica did in 33 and show an episode where it is mostly silent surviving in horrible bleak conditions, like a massive montage. Pile on the bleakness til we realise how desperate they are. Don't just use exposition to say IT'S BEEN TOUGH OVER WINTER over and over and over. If you show rather than tell you will earn the first two episodes reveal of prison and it will make more sense why Rick and crew are so desperate to live in a dangerous hellhole prison.

I have these downloaded but just can't bring myself to watch them, which is odd, should just want to get it over. Not hearing anyone talk about these final episodes either. My prediction is the last one will get people talking just because of the closing shot where everyone is looking at each other and smiling in slow motion followed by Rick appearing for a 2 min scene.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

The writing in this half of the season seems slightly better than usual.  I know I know, not saying much!

How many more are there? just watched episode 22 and 23 back to back which is unusual in itself as watching one on its own is just about enough!

The writing in TWD improved in general once they prised Gimple’s inept hands from the reigns, but throughout its entire run there’s always been a problem with plot manipulating characters rather than vice versa; specifically, characters behaving stupidly because the plot requires it. There’s been so many examples of this by now I’d be hard pressed to list them all. 

Having only kept up with the show the past few years through YouTube highlights and reactions I had a great time with the finale. I was just the right amount of high, mind.

Spoiler

Playing “Landslide” over happy families reunited around the dinner table etc in a Walking Dead finale is objectively funny.

I actually wondered if they were trying to be satirical when Daryl’s hyper-colour goodbye tour went on forever. Then they hit me with him saying ‘I love you’ to Carol and suddenly I’m shedding tears.

Shockingly bloodless. I wonder if that means the lot of them are contracted for an epic appearance in the future or something.

As for whatever Ricks up to, looks like nonsense and that grin at the end is his “I can say ‘Fuck’ now” face. I’m in!