The Walking Dead!

The Sarge

Yeh I really enjoyed that, his struggles between good guy and prick was well

handled.

Ending scene was well played too, leaves you guessing which was good.

Season 11 begins in August so not long to wait, from what I’ve read it’s 24 episodes long and the first lot are a batch of 8. Guess they are filming as and when they can.

1 hour ago, Monkeyboy said:

Watched the one where Carol tries to make soup and fails to catch a rat. I don’t know how I got through it. Prisoners in Guantanamo Bay go through less torture.

I know. It was atrocious. The only one that's been worthwhile has been the Negan episode.

38 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

I know. It was atrocious. The only one that's been worthwhile has been the Negan epidode.

Agreed, at this point I want Negan to just wipe the fucking lot of them out.... starting with Carol, Maggie and Daryl. 

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Gambit said:

This is coming to Disney+ tomorrow. All 10 seasons. Did they end their contract with Sky or something?

Presumably part of the Fox acquisition. I think the FX channel has stopped broadcasting / is going to stop broadcasting.

Is FTWD coming too? I haven't seen the last season or so as AMC removed it from their SKY broadcasts.

Yeah, Fox UK shut yesterday. Some of their UK broadcast stuff is supposed to be moving to D+.

Fear the Walking Dead is on Amazon Prime. I presume it'll stay there at least until whatever contract they have runs its course.

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Fear the Walking Dead is on Amazon Prime. I presume it'll stay there at least until whatever contract they have runs its course.

I think AMC (via BT TV) have first airing rights before Prime get it (FTV at least). I’ve not looked on Prime for a while though so the last season might have been added.

I dropped off from this a season or so ago. It was towards the end of the whisperers bit, alpha was still alive, there was a hint of the next bit (I’ve read all the comics).

I kinda feel like I should pick it up again and wondering where a good place to pick it back up would be? 

edit : just checked, I dropped out at season 10, episode 10

Oh my god, so I downloaded the final three episodes of the last season (20,21 and 22) thinking it would at least be frantic/entertaining and be driving the story forward. Instead, in those 3 hours I got;

Princess stuck in a dark train carriage going on and on and on about random stuff for a hour

Daryl fixing his motorbike

Carol making soup and trying to catch a rat

Negan's backstory

I mean, Negan's backstory was ok but the FINALE?! it didn't do anything for the main story?

It's the most insane piece of television ever, I can't believe how they make this so incredibly dull.

That one with Daryl fixing his bike and Carol making soup was quite a thing. 

Or were they two separate episodes back to back? I can’t remember. They felt about a week long. 

Yeah that was one single episode with just two narratives. Daryl’s bike breaking down so he goes off looking for cars. Finds a few zombies, kills them and then gets something from the car to fix his bike.

then carol looks for some ingredients to make soup, finds a few zombies on the way, kills them and heads back to finish making the soup. The dog is a bit agitated by a rat, so carol looks for the rat. Doesn’t find it. Continues making soup.

That’s honestly all that happens in that one episode. It was bizarre writing.

I decided to catch up with this as it's now on Disney.  Took me a while to work out where I'd stopped watching, seems it was some way through season 9.  I literally could not make myself watch it normally, so I spend through most episodes, only stopping to watch anything that looked vaguely interesting.  Im now up to date, feel like I have the gist of what's happening, which is basically not a bloody lot.  I did watch the finale fully though.

I'm going to have to watch the last season just so I have closure!😂

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. I've gone and done the thing. I started a big old rewatch on Disney+ to see if I can get past season 7 which is where I stopped.

It's amazing how more interesting the show was in the beginning. Even the much derided Season 2 had Darryl's anti-hero turn, Shane going nuts and T-Dogg disappearing for episodes at a time before reappearing like the writers forgot about him. Maybe though it's because I binged it all over a weekend the slow pace of it wasn't as much of a problem. Now onto the Prison and Carol's sharp bizarre psychopath turn!

10 hours ago, Gambit said:

Okay. I've gone and done the thing. I started a big old rewatch on Disney+ to see if I can get past season 7 which is where I stopped.

It's amazing how more interesting the show was in the beginning. Even the much derided Season 2 had Darryl's anti-hero turn, Shane going nuts and T-Dogg disappearing for episodes at a time before reappearing like the writers forgot about him. Maybe though it's because I binged it all over a weekend the slow pace of it wasn't as much of a problem. Now onto the Prison and Carol's sharp bizarre psychopath turn!

Nevah forget. (Not a spoiler for anything past season 6)

Spoiler

C28D191B-16CE-4B0B-B0F1-DB781CE94129.jpeg.9c6f07b032e766f29491a178864c6eda.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And now I've caught up with where I was. At least I think I have (season 7, episode 6). I certainly don't remember this episode with Dr Dre and Scientologist girl taking up the spotlight.

It's been a lot easier getting through when it's available to binge watch and not waiting week to week.

On 29/11/2016 at 11:58, SqueakyG said:

The award for "Character who I thought was already dead" goes to... Tara!

Episode synopsis: Tara stumbles upon a colony of butch women; doesn't get laid.

This is the episode I'm on!

Proper filler stuff. Gonna play some Mario while it's on in the background.