The Walking Dead!

IT'S ENDING

Season 11 will be the last, but it'll be expanded to 24 episodes split across 2021 and 2022.

But Daryl and Carol are getting another spin-off in 2023.

Also an episodic anthology series, Tales of The Walking Dead, is being developed.

And maybe other spin-offs to be developed.

So while it's ending, it never ends.

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

IT'S ENDING

Season 11 will be the last, but it'll be expanded to 24 episodes split across 2021 and 2022.

But Daryl and Carol are getting another spin-off in 2023.

Also an episodic anthology series, Tales of The Walking Dead, is being developed.

And maybe other spin-offs to be developed.

So while it's ending, it never ends.

:facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...

The long delayed, former season-ender, is out there now. I think I actually like this one, though maybe not in ways intended. There's a bunch of weird, almost fever dream mentalness in parts.

51 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

This is good news, at least there will be closure to the main series and then I can happily skip all the spin offs and never concern myself with this again.

Same here I need to finish off the main series and after that I am done.

1 hour ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Was Fear the Walking Dead cancelled? If so I must have missed that. Season 3 was very enjoyable. Better than TWD at the time. When season 4 turned it into The Morgan Show I bailed.

Not cancelled. Apparently back on 11 October. 

It’s fucking terrible is my first reaction. Less zombies, more teen drama (think Between). But the end of then the end of the episode suggests maybe it’ll just turn into exactly like the other series with more travelling.

Spoiler

Maybe it could progress the story of “the world” by switching characters and showing something different to little isolated communities. It touches on a wider group but they seem to mysterious for no reason other than creating a plot. There’s no logic to it, other than they’re evil.

But in the end I cannot accept that 10 years on people haven’t generally cleared the walkers from at least some of the land and still keep finding enough petrol to drive their cars around and food to feed them all (whilst living in in tiny safe enclosed spaces).

I drifted away from the main series and fear over the last few years because it goes nowhere. The world hasn’t changed. The people haven’t done anything. Walkers still surprise people who have lived through a decade of this shit.

There’s only so many times you can introduce a new group who call the walkers something different but so the same stupid shit.

Were the Civic Republic named in any of the shows before? I vaguely recall CRM being mentioned at some point, but I can’t recall the full name being mentioned before. 

Watched the season 10 finale and thought it was definitely one of the better ones with a good S11 set up too. Only neg was its a shame there's so much info out about spin offs, kind of takes away any threat of death for certain characters.

Anyway this was my most trending in Twitter today which amused me.. 

Screenshot_20201005_100017.jpg

Didn't mind the first couple of seasons of Fear the Walking Dead. But the first episode of World Beyond was mind bogglingly weak. So, so dull.

We switched over to try Runaways instead for an alternative teen drama fix, and it was like the best made thing ever by comparison.

Looks like they’re trying to end the main series storyline roughly in synch with the comic.

Spoiler

As the comic ended not too long after they were properly introduced to the Commonwealth, as I recall. 

On 02/10/2020 at 22:15, thesnwmn said:

So I posted that with like two minutes to go on the show. It took a turn. I’m sure it’ll still be shit.

The second episode was worse. Classic Walking Dead dumb decisions. One bit in the second episode was unintentionally funny...

Spoiler

In a flashback, the parents of one of the gay characters basically telling him to "go away homo" when he came to rescue them as the world burned. The subplot was introduced and dealt with so rapidly, it just didn't have the emotional heft they were aiming for.

1 minute into the new episode... why the fuck is everyone living in this post apocalyptic world so fucking terrible at dealing with the one and only threat the world has. It was okay in the first year but arrrrrgggghh..... its fucking infuriating.

But worse than being infuriating I think it’s directly responsible for why all the shows in the universe are so so bad. They’ve never managed to think up or convey anything beyond pure survival because the writers are so so hung up on the idea that the zombies are the interesting aspect when they should be nothing but background by now.

Basically, the show and it’s writers, like the characters in it have never adapted or evolved to the situation over time. They’re still writing like it’s just happened.

I see Fear the Walking Dead has just started Season 6. The whole thing is turning into the new CSI/NCIS coffin dodger bait now. Ten years on the great first season of TWD is a distant memory. Even the second and third seasons were pretty good. It's a shame to see it turn into the endless hours of drivel that it has become.

8 hours ago, gospvg said:

Just watched Episode 16.

Can we kill this show now, just let it die.

They seem intent on just repeating the same material ad nauseam. The premise for The Walking Dead: World Beyond is/was potentially interesting. Set some time later where people have rebuilt a semblance of society and have learned how to live with and manage the Dead, there’s a lot of ideas that could be explored.

They could maybe think about how the youth that have grown up in this mess are maybe different to those who lived through and survived the original outbreak, or perhaps think about what aspects of earlier civilisation they want to reconnect with, or reject. 

It doesn’t do this though, instead it’s a bunch of teenagers going on a journey recreating the ‘greatest hits’ of the past 10 years of the Walking Dead.

Walking Dead has jumped the shark so hard now that Fonzie is water-skiing round the Moon.

I think all these spin-offs are only there to make the main series look good.

Hopefully one of them will end up being the Walking Dead equivalent of Frasier one day. Maybe Daryl hearts Carol?

CE255232-75EA-4F2E-87FC-78495D4E90DD.jpeg

Gave up with World Beyond part way through 3. It’s a nonsensical mess.

What broke it...

Spoiler

Girl (no idea her name) jumps down from ladder and sprains her ankle (oh, shocker, have to slow her down a little).

Move away from zombies over tar pit. Easily out running the few around her. Could just keep going, there’s no threat here. But no, stop, turn, slow motion lighting a zippo. Slow motion dropping it into the tar and lovely (boring) shot of a fire spreading. Not far or really doing much but it looked nice and used up a minute of the episode.

Run off (slowly - see sprained ankle above). See friends. Keep going. Get jumped from the side by zombies who must have been easily visible walking towards her in the open area. Lose backpack to them...

Dunno what happens next. Don’t care. Turned it the fuck off.

Regardless of overarching plot or even the episode arc they’re incapable of filming or producing an interesting scene. There’s no tension or threat (there’s meant to be obviously but with the terrible characters, script, story and set pieces combined with 10 plus series of walking dead it has nothing).

In addition it’s trying to tell character back stories without, imo, having earned the right to. I don’t care where the kid came from. Maybe half way into the series use that to fill in info about characters I’m invested in but I don’t even remember their names atm.