rllmuk
The Sarge

The Walking Dead!

9 hours ago, El Pibe said:

Agreed.

Hide contents

The Negan stuff was a yawn fest

Mind you, cool zombie FX in those bits. Sometimes, that’s all the show’s good for.

Anyone else still watching!? :lol:

I've enjoyed the last couple of episodes.

Alpha is decent and mixing things up with new characters means it feels like there is jeopardy again.

I think I’ve managed to break the habit. I gave up before the final episode of the first half of the season and haven’t felt the urge to catch up at all. It feels good, man.

I broke the habit when this season began. Just watched other things instead. I kind of wish I'd stuck around to see Rick retired, but for me I think the show effectively ended back when Glen died. Everything after that was meehhhhh.

The Kingdom parts in the last episode were absolutely BRUTAL (as in REALLY bad tedious tv). Then the other bits had lots of little soldier boy and the girl whose name I still don't know even though she's been in it for about 5 seasons.

I know I'm only half watching this at this point but I'm struggling to understand some things. I think I've missed some plot points, it's like I haven't watched it in years and I don't really know the characters any more.

Has Michonne's new kid been mentioned? I'm assuming it's Ricks, I may have missed a reveal somewhere.

Have they explained why Alexandria has gone all isolationist? They were hinting that something happened during the time skip but they're dragging out the reveal too long.

Who is the Father of Rosita's baby? I think they revealed that a few episodes ago but I forgot.

And where is Maggie? Are we to believe she left the safety of the Hilltop with her young child for... what?

Judith is the kid yeah, Michonne is basically her adoptive parent now. During the couple of years the series skipped, Maggie went off to join the woman who showed up with a van one time in the last series to do outreach work or something similar

Ok kids, I’ve finally done it. I’ve pulled the plug on this shit fest as neither me or the wife were enjoying it at all any more. 

Been there from the start, years and years invested but no more, I just can’t take it....

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

Ok kids, I’ve finally done it. I’ve pulled the plug on this shit fest as neither me or the wife were enjoying it at all any more. 

Been there from the start, years and years invested but no more, I just can’t take it....

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Just catching up with this....god almighty the little girl. Looks about 8 years old? But talks like she is 40. That bit where she catches Negan doing a runner "keep it, it will help you find your way" with regards her compass. 

If my daughter had spoken to me like that when she was that young, I'd have been calling in a priest, as she would clearly have been possessed by an old person.

Then when she takes a shot a knocks him off his bike....get to fuck! Out there all alone and handling that gun like Clint Eastwood...jesus. Kill her please.

In fact the more I write, the more I'm wondering why I bother. Carol and Michonne need to die a slow painful death as well.

4 hours ago, SteveH said:

Just catching up with this....god almighty the little girl. Looks about 8 years old? But talks like she is 40. That bit where she catches Negan doing a runner "keep it, it will help you find your way" with regards her compass. 

If my daughter had spoken to me like that when she was that young, I'd have been calling in a priest, as she would clearly have been possessed by an old person.

Then when she takes a shot a knocks him off his bike....get to fuck! Out there all alone and handling that gun like Clint Eastwood...jesus. Kill her please.

In fact the more I write, the more I'm wondering why I bother. Carol and Michonne need to die a slow painful death as well.

Pull the plug mate. The limited time I get to watch tv was being pissed away on this crap and I feel bloody liberated having ditched it. 

It’s been replaced in my house by Das Boot the series and there’s a gulf between the 2 so wide you could fill it with all the walkers there have ever been and still have room for Gemma Collins.

• Upvote 1

Currently my hitlist of characters that need to die asap.

image.png.e310b0361f3df8ec3ae8cbd3f0ba03cb.pngimage.png.102553aded374dce6c9afab6ae60a0bf.pngimage.png.c5e4be175cf2274cecd8905a6a67d04e.pngimage.png.cc45444041789ce1603fc14792804e06.pngimage.png.f33c6b8a5e8122591079166bc84f27cf.pngimage.png.71fceaeb1e522c39493fb953d9040f66.png 

Oh and by the way, where the hell is stick man?? (morgan)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Capwn said:

Currently my hitlist of characters that need to die asap.

image.png.e310b0361f3df8ec3ae8cbd3f0ba03cb.pngimage.png.102553aded374dce6c9afab6ae60a0bf.pngimage.png.c5e4be175cf2274cecd8905a6a67d04e.pngimage.png.cc45444041789ce1603fc14792804e06.pngimage.png.f33c6b8a5e8122591079166bc84f27cf.pngimage.png.71fceaeb1e522c39493fb953d9040f66.png 

Oh and by the way, where the hell is stick man?? (morgan)

The priest is still alive? Wow. 

I gave up at the beginning of season 5. It went a bit TV melodrama. To be honest I only ever really thought season 2 was exceptional.

I guess I didn't miss much in between? I've often thought about going back but seems like things never recovered.

On 07/03/2019 at 13:48, JohnC said:

Morgan is in Fear the Walking Dead now.

What? Ok. So why did Morgan from main TV show leave? 

I almost gave up on this entirely during today's episode. The bit with the Kingdom and Clint Eastwood nearly made me throw in the towel. If Clint and his merry men are a permanent addition I could be done.

Spoiler

So you're holding us at gunpoint and threatening to kill us? That's fine, we'll take you to Hilltop to mingle with the locals there, you seem like a nice bunch. What the actual fuck?

Then the episode gets quite good with Leon and Krauser having a knife fight although that should have gone on a little longer.