The Walking Dead!

2 hours ago, Jammy said:

I haven’t watched any of this series yet - all queued up. Been dipping in here weekly to see whether it’s worth watching, so you’re in so much trouble if it’s rubbish @Clipper :)

if you disliked the way season 7 went then ignore me as I like the show despite it's failings.

I felt parts of the farm/prison were dull s2/3 but since then I have seen it as pretty uneven but usually watchable.

I personally think this season episodes 1, 4 and 5 were good ones and 2,3 were weaker.

If you watch and loathe episode 1 then you can safely ignore my opinion :D

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I didn't really get the end of that one? 

Priesty bloke is sick - probably from the guts being over him earlier (signposted by Negan rather clumsily)

Mulletman says he will fetch Dr Carson (who was taken from Hilltop by saviours when they killed their own doctor)

Priesty bloke is saying that Dr Carson is Maggie's doctor and she needs him so they should get Carson back to Hilltop and to her instead of worrying about priestybloke.

Not a strong thing to end on.

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

Hide contents

Priesty bloke is sick - probably from the guts being over him earlier (signposted by Negan rather clumsily)

Mulletman says he will fetch Dr Carson (who was taken from Hilltop by saviours when they killed their own doctor)

Priesty bloke is saying that Dr Carson is Maggie's doctor and she needs him so they should get Carson back to Hilltop and to her instead of worrying about priestybloke.

Not a strong thing to end on.

Ahh, thanks. Maybe I wasn't really paying attention. I did think it was a strange way to end it

27 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I can’t begin to understand how someone might think the show improved after season 3-4. 

I specifically felt the farm in season 2 hit a low point.

Since then there have been chunks where i felt it lost its way as well (the time when they seemed to be endlessly walking along train tracks season for instance)

But as i say mostly I find it uneven but very watchable

What an episode!

Spoiler

OMG when Rick and Biker had that fight over whether they should blow up all the workers or not - felt like that had been building for ages and made complete sense for them to go at each other destroying the super weapon in the jeep in the process. No wait, the other thing.

Negan is actually the only interesting part of this show right now, which is a truly depressing outcome for the characters we’ve been watching for years. 

The helicopter moment was pretty cool, I’ll give them that, but wasn’t followed up on and was done much better in Reign Of Fire and 28 Days Later. I’d be up for a team of military psychos joining the fun at this point, anything really to take away the stink of the rubbish heap people. Glad they dropped that none sense, despite the money that amazing set must have cost them...

I stopped watching this, but somehow I’m still watching this.

Much the same as everyone here I’m still watching this shit and can’t explain why.

im invested in some of the characters I guess and Negan is pretty watchable, shame the writing, direction, editing and continuity have all gone to the dogs. It’s almost like AMC have handed over the production to a bunch of sixth formers to save on budget.

Personally I think the last 3 seasons are my favourites by far.  This season is amazing, my favourite bit of telly since Westworld (although I haven't seen the last season of GOT) and miles better than most of the overrated Netflix shows

It's fascinating how everyone seems to be in exactly the same place with this show this season. Previous seasons have had staunch fans, waverers and abandoners of varying degrees but suddenly it's like we've all fallen off the same cliff at the same time.

My problem, other than the terminally dull and poorly written / filmed episodes is that - i think on paper this season must have all sounded so great to the show runners.

"Let's film it all on the same day from everyone's different views!"

Shootouts, car chases, explosions - peril, death, treachery!!

But it just hasn't worked, and the thing is I don't know where its going any more as they stumble from one 'big bad' to another, established over 2/3 seasons - going through the same emotional / existential conflicts and crises - rinse and repeat.......

10 hours ago, Stigweard said:

NOTHING IS HAPPENING.

This went from must see compelling TV to "shall we watch Walking Dead? "Sigh, i guess so"

It's just one step more... go on, take it...

"shall we watch Walking Dead?"

"...nah, it's shite"