The Walking Dead!

The Sarge

Kind of slow episode, so pretty standard for The Walking Dead, along with some lame dialogue about peanut butter protein bars. It honestly nearly sent me to sleep at some points. Luckily, my phone updated to Android 6 tonight, so I could watch the progress bar on that, if my eyelids started to get a bit heavy.

I wonder if they were going to walk them all to a point and then set fire to them? Was thinking it would be the only way to kill a herd that large.

Did Rick say at the end the horn sounds like it's coming from home?

Yep. And you saw the zombies walk towards the horn, past a sign pointing towards the town. So someone has gone nuts and sounded the horn, and probably intended to do it all along.

It was to lure them far enough from Alexandria that they would just keep going as a huge herd away from the settlement.

Couldn't they have just lured them to the top of that cliff they first saw them from and let them all lemming themselves to death?

I like this show but the sudden contrived outbreaks of extreme stupidity really wind me up.

Yep. And you saw the zombies walk towards the horn, past a sign pointing towards the town. So someone has gone nuts and sounded the horn, and probably intended to do it all along.

Nah

Remember it was supposed to be a dress rehearsal, so the person blowing the horn probably didn't realise there were several thousands zombies just a short walk away.

I really enjoyed the episode, especially the bit where...

they destroyed the character development of that one guy I already forgot the name of by having a zombie bite his face off.. He's a good actor, I was hoping he was gonna be around a bit longer, adding a bit more friction with rick's gang.

Nah

Remember it was supposed to be a dress rehearsal, so the person blowing the horn probably didn't realise there were several thousands zombies just a short walk away.

Good point! Probably someone else at the gates of Alexandria and an SOS call. Should be fun!

Bored the hell out of me that and the ending simply makes it a pointless and overly elaborate setup for next week. Maybe if they spent more time (not a whole f'ing series though) building a plan we could be invested in it might seem like a little more but no.

Although knowing this show the zombies will actually reach the town at the mid season break rather than next week. Until then: what's Morgan been through to find his missing peanut butter protein bar

i reckon it was Eugene, he probably sharted and had no access to loo roll and deemed that to be an emergency worthy of sounding the alarm.

I also would have gone for the lemmings into a big pile in the pit method, topped with some petrol poured over them and ignited for good measure

The kid followed Rick last time and his Dads grave has an overview of the entire thing? He might have noticed! Though I doubt he has the stones to do something as bold as that.

My prediction is intruders in the camp, swooping in whilst the key players are out of the way.

The residents know the horde is in the quarry, but none of them would be aware that the pied piper plan is actually going on as they were only going out for a walkthrough. I think either intruders or Fr Gabriel just being a massive dickhead.

I tuned out for a while last season as I had gotten bored with it. I thought I'd see if it had improved any and found that episode to be farcical.

Herding zombies! The usual bollocks of zombies only reacting a certain way given how it helps the plot. You know a flimsy wall will stop thousands of them and they'll ignore a group of people wandering and talking less than twenty yards away from them because trees! Typical walking dead plan 90% complete oh look some thing has gone wrong. Really, does anyone give a fuck who blew the horn? You knew the second there was a plan something stupid would happen. It's also a shame more truck drivers didn't park their trucks properly, as that could have saved millions.

It's a poorly written soap opera with zombies. They'll just churn out the same old gibberish until the ratings drop. There's nothing of interest or anything to get excited about with this show now.

To address your points though;

A thousand zombies shuffling along will probably make enough noise amongst themselves that people walking through a forest and talking quietly would go unnoticed.

The walls weren't under that much pressue, most of the zombies just followed each other round the corner without touching the walls.

The trucks were parked like that on purpose by the camp that was originally set up in the quarry to protect them.

Obviously the teleporting zombie that ate whats-his-faces face was typical TWD. It's not without it's criticisms.