The Sarge

The Walking Dead!

25 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

So you mean to tell me that

Hide contents

after being pissed off at all the 'Rick dies spoilers', he doesn't die and is getting his own spin-off movie instead?? Well played to the production team for the misdirection I guess.

Nope! You've got that wrong

Spin-off movie

S

• Upvote 1

I've just finished episodes 1 to 4 after realising I had NOW TV on my phone. 

I'm pleasantly surprised. It's pretty good! I've enjoyed it a lot more than recent seasons and I want to know what happens next! 

This show just continues to get more bonkers...

Spoiler

Because we've jumped in time that means everyone has a new hairstyle of course. Seemed to be an episode where I mainly reviewing people's hair. Can't really remember much else. The ending was a bit AlanPatridgeShrug.Gif but afterwards I realized it was a hint of the next enemy faction from the comics. Had to rewatch to notice it, not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Perhaps it's good, not over stating it from the start. Have to say I'm impressed they were brave enough to do the time jump for real and halfway through a (half) season, usually in TV something like this would happen at at the start/end of a season.

I'm so confused about Maggie. I've heard she isn't in it no more but they mentioned about taking the new group to hillside to meet the leader who they referred to as a woman. 

Oh and Gabrielle continues to just get worse and worse. 

42 minutes ago, Capwn said:

This show just continues to get more bonkers...

Hide contents

Because we've jumped in time that means everyone has a new hairstyle of course. Seemed to be an episode where I mainly reviewing people's hair. Can't really remember much else. The ending was a bit AlanPatridgeShrug.Gif but afterwards I realized it was a hint of the next enemy faction from the comics. Had to rewatch to notice it, not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Perhaps it's good, not over stating it from the start. Have to say I'm impressed they were brave enough to do the time jump for real and halfway through a (half) season, usually in TV something like this would happen at at the start/end of a season.

I'm so confused about Maggie. I've heard she isn't in it no more but they mentioned about taking the new group to hillside to meet the leader who they referred to as a woman. 

Oh and Gabrielle continues to just get worse and worse. 

Spoiler

This is something that happens to Gabriel in the comics so may or may not be a spoiler:

Spoiler

He has a nasty death where he gets stuck upside down on a ladder and gets eaten alive by a horde. Hopefully the scene gets recreated in the series:

Spoiler

1098403405_Screenshot2018-11-12at13_59_26.png.b934cd85bb8724e1c2d3f31315196ec6.png

I liked the latest episode, it is setting up for what could be a great rest of season, as long as they don't fuck it up.

They'll fuck it up though, they always do.

6 hours ago, Camel said:

Another half-decent episode! That bit at the end with the mud though. wtf. And even worse:

Reveal hidden contents

Talking zombies? :/

Noooo it's -

Spoiler

The whisperers! They are the next enemy that they will have to face. I won't say much more than that, you can google them if you want to know who they are :)

This weeks episode was boring. It was setting up the storylines to come which should be good... But my god, they couldn't make it more boring if they tried.

I'm confused by the distances between the settlements though:

Spoiler

Michone and co left Alexandria to go to Hilltop and they need to stop overnight somewhere because it is so far. Meanwhile, Aaron (Alexandria) and Jesus (Hilltop) are having regular meetups for a chinwag and a scrap. Wut?

44 minutes ago, GC Zombie said:

This weeks episode was boring. It was setting up the storylines to come which should be good... But my god, they couldn't make it more boring if they tried.

I'm confused by the distances between the settlements though:

Hide contents

Michone and co left Alexandria to go to Hilltop and they need to stop overnight somewhere because it is so far. Meanwhile, Aaron (Alexandria) and Jesus (Hilltop) are having regular meetups for a chinwag and a scrap. Wut?

it wasn't that they had to stop over somewhere on their way there, they were going to check out the place the new people were staying at previously, make sure their story checks out

My thing this week is

have the quietly gotten rid of Maggie? I know it's supposed to be the actresses last season but they've just moved her on?

19 minutes ago, wev said:

Hide contents

it wasn't that they had to stop over somewhere on their way there, they were going to check out the place the new people were staying at previously, make sure their story checks out

My thing this week is

Hide contents

have the quietly gotten rid of Maggie? I know it's supposed to be the actresses last season but they've just moved her on?

Oh yeah, I hadn't realised that was the case as I was only half watching it while working.

Spoiler

It would be a bit shit if that's it for Maggie. No goodbyes or anything? I'm assuming she will come in as a special guest star in a few episodes in the future.

55 minutes ago, wev said:

Hurrah

Hide contents

Jesus is dead

Spoiler

I liked Jesus :'(

Cracking episode though, the zombies are a threat again, at last. This should be a great season now.

12 minutes ago, GC Zombie said:
  Hide contents

I liked Jesus :'(

Cracking episode though, the zombies are a threat again, at last. This should be a great season now.

I did to begin with, but out of all the characters the last couple of seasons he's been given pretty much fuck all too do. Tbh I was hoping with Maggie off elsewhere and him being the unwilling leader of hilltop we'd see something interesting from him, and apparently he's pretty cool in the comics? He looked badass fighting in the dark with his top knot, best bit of cinematography the show has had in a long long time (not that the standard has ever been high in that regard)

Pity it's the mid season finale, felt like it's just getting started.

Oh! How is it the mid season break already! I'm actually looking forward to the second half, which is something I've not said in a few years.

Spoiler

Jesus is cool in the comics. I wasn't expecting him to get killed off! Finally, a main character death that 1. I didn't know was coming and 2. I actually care about. Rick and Carl leaving had no impact because I knew it was coming, the spoilers for them leaving were impossible to miss. Everyone else who has died since Glen have all been ensign redshirts that I don't give a fuck about.

Thought the latest episode was actually... good!!

Spoiler

Even knowing a little bit about the talking zombies made for a good episode, watching the characters totally flummoxed by it, and then finding out at the end. Bet Jesus was fucking surprised. That was an epic fake-out by the bad guy.

I thought that episode was great!

Spoiler

They could have maybe hid what the whisperers were a bit longer? Maybe had them as the unseen threat.

Jesus looked a bad ass, maybe he could be in his own medieval based film or the next legend of Zorro or something?

Shame they killed him off, thought he could have been a far bigger character than he was. But then I wonder if this is the precursor to the groups coming back together, Jesus' death leaves Hilltop leaderless, then they look to Michonne while she's around and she begins to care for them again? Idk

Do we think they are going to kill off the old cast completely and have this new group along with the "youngsters" of the previous group take over? And is Aaron Rick's replacement? Doesn't Rick in the comic's lose his arm and that?

The final scenes I thought were really well shot in comparison to the whole series, definite improvement. Can they keep it going?

I think it's gotten pretty good since ricks exit.

However , it's a shame Jesus hadn't been given more to do since he showed up. Walking dead has a tendency to bring new characters in and not know what to do with them.

You might think of it as jumping the shark, but I really loved the sight of them fighting walkers in a misty overgrown graveyard with slow-mo kung-fu shit. They should have done silly stuff like this years ago.