IGNORED

Trials HD (XBLA)

Majora

Lean back then forward going into a jump.

Just concrete dreams and king of the hill to crack on hard. I'm finding both of them nails when the other levels cracked under a bit of patience.

Set a cracking hill climb score (90 metres plus) to top my friends leaderboard and set some other decent scores on the minigames for some of you to go for.

What are these spring and switch jumps I keep hearing about? It doesn't mention anything by name in Trials HD, just gives you a little diagram of how to move the stick.

Yeah I got stumped by them about half way through the medium levels and went to bed. Never could master them on the PC either. I'll try again tonight though :(

I was an absolute demon on the old Flash version of this on miniclip.

I'll be buying this tonight hopefully, feel free to add my GT.

Are the controls similar to the flash version?

I'm imagining right trigger accelerate, left trigger brake, and then left/right on the left analogue stick to control rider position.

Expert mode, DONE. Actually shaking. Two single jumps on the last level must have taken me at least two hours to get right.

Such a sense of accomplishment on offer though. Amazing little game.

Was that what that message was about? I was off out as I read it. If so, congrats. :(

Still loving this. Eighthours has a time on one of the levels which I'm determined to beat, I'm about .2 of a second behind and can't shave any more off. ;)

What are these spring and switch jumps I keep hearing about? It doesn't mention anything by name in Trials HD, just gives you a little diagram of how to move the stick.

Have a look in the Help screen; it explains how to do them and good places to practice. Doesn't make them much easier to actually do though...

Gaaaah, the Hard levels are real bastards. God knows how I'm going to link the individual sections together in a single run!

Still loving this. Eighthours has a time on one of the levels which I'm determined to beat, I'm about .2 of a second behind and can't shave any more off. ;)

Which level? I must make sure I stay ahead in this one bit of glory! :(

Some of HSH24's times are INSANE.

Just had a go at the demo. It certainly is different to control than the PC one, so far it feels less fiddly although this is the demo, goodness knows how it handles on hard levels. I'm tempted to give this a go as it is significantly different to Trials 2 on the PC.

Gaaaah, the Hard levels are real bastards. God knows how I'm going to link the individual sections together in a single run!

Which level? I must make sure I stay ahead in this one bit of glory! :lol:

Some of HSH24's times are INSANE.

Very first level of Beginner! Turns out I'm actually .009 behind you. ;)

There's one level I have a time I'm proud of on. Mother of All Jumps - 26.580. 42nd in the world, but when I set the time it was 9th. :( It's my only Platinum too.

What a lovely Freudian. ;)

Man, I got deposed from my number 1 spot on one of the earlier levels last night, and I cannot for the life of me come anywhere near it anymore. My replay makes it look like I was showboating, back-flips and wheelies up ramps and whatnot. I think it was just a dirty great fluke originally.

Indeed!

What level is that replay on? Also, how the fuck did you get so far on the ski-jump? I've tried following all the tips and I still suck at it, as you can probably see I can barely even get half the distance you did.

Hill climb is hard too, i'm so close to gold but just can't seem to crack it. :(

Only managed to do 1 of the extreme levels so far, just tried Goin' Up and got towards the end but couldnt get up a box that was sticking out (kept hitting the back wheel of the bike). Then i pressed back instead of B so gave up on it.

I do wish so much of the later level design didn't consist of struggling up 75 degree slopes. I hope in whatever DLC they eventually release there'll be a good number of adrenaline rush levels, they're definitely my favourite.

Its a bit annoying when you get a highscore then someone comes along and hammers it.

Without trying to get too angry and exploding with rage i'd like to point out the word "bit" actually means a shitting "YOTTABYTE!"

I do wish so much of the later level design didn't consist of struggling up 75 degree slopes. I hope in whatever DLC they eventually release there'll be a good number of adrenaline rush levels, they're definitely my favourite.

I so agree with that. Bits of it actually remind me of Strider.

I spent hours today on some of the Medium levels going for gold. I got quite a few, think there's only 3 more golds left for me to get on medium.

I managed to clear the Hard levels (badly) pretty easily, taking 2-4 minutes a level, but now I've tried King of the Hill and that first climb is impossible!