IGNORED

Trials HD (XBLA)

Majora

So while checking out the 'blurb-on-the-back-of-the-box' I noticed.

While playing the game, players also get to enjoy the perplexing, hilarious, and absolutely fearless voice–overs from truly bone-breaking Trials HD riders: Brandon DiCamillo, Art Webb and Rake Yohn!

Say what? I can't say I've noticed any voice-overs while playing.

So while checking out the 'blurb-on-the-back-of-the-box' I noticed.

Say what? I can't say I've noticed any voice-overs while playing.

My character was screaming last night during a huge airbourne drop.

I hope they add some sort of local multiplayer options at some point, it's rubbish not being able to have two people take turns logged in to their own accounts.

I contacted the developers about this last night and you can do it at the moment, it's just a bit fiddly. If you're both logged in on separate controllers, you just have to button out to the main menu when you want to switch controllers\players. It's not ideal, but the menus and loading are so fast it's not a major issue - and it's better than writing the times down on a bit of paper, like I was doing. :(

There's a separate 'session' leaderboard for each track too, which shows your times just for your current play session, complete with gamertag.

Finally did Down The Stairs - I read the instructions wrong so was spinning the left stick round to try and make him roll, whereas actually you're just supposed to hold it at a 45 degree angry up and right to make him go about twice the distance :(

You need to time the bail just right

Which is when exactly? At the apex of the jump whilst in midair? Or as you're about to ramp off? I've tried both but no joy.

Finally did Down The Stairs - I read the instructions wrong so was spinning the left stick round to try and make him roll, whereas actually you're just supposed to hold it at a 45 degree angry up and right to make him go about twice the distance :(

What a lovely Freudian. :(

Man, I got deposed from my number 1 spot on one of the earlier levels last night, and I cannot for the life of me come anywhere near it anymore. My replay makes it look like I was showboating, back-flips and wheelies up ramps and whatnot. I think it was just a dirty great fluke originally.

Which is when exactly? At the apex of the jump whilst in midair? Or as you're about to ramp off? I've tried both but no joy.

It worked for me on the ski jump as though it was a 'launch' button on the tip of the ramp - if you think along the lines of "winter games" type controls, where you have to extend the legs to jump in the right position. Having said all that though, even though I beat the people on my friends list, I'm not sure how well my tactic works in comparison with the world leaderboards, so there may be another 'trick' to it.

I was just playing the PC Trails 2 Second Edition and after about 20 minutes of being knocked unconcious I thought maybe there were better things to be doing. How much does this differ from the PC one? I haven't even got past the tutorials yet!

I was just playing the PC Trails 2 Second Edition and after about 20 minutes of being knocked unconcious I thought maybe there were better things to be doing. How much does this differ from the PC one? I haven't even got past the tutorials yet!

Manipulating the weight/position of the rider is miles easier. I think it's a lot better than the PC games which I found very difficult to control.

There is a trial on Live. Gives a wee taste of it.

Theres no brake button, theres a reverse button which will slow you down if you're moving, but it means you cant come to a complete stop. Really fucks you up later on

Left trigger is the front brake. I use it all the time to flip the back of the bike over the front, pull an endo or if I just fancy stopping.

Manipulating the weight/position of the rider is miles easier. I think it's a lot better than the PC games which I found very difficult to control.

There is a trial on Live. Gives a wee taste of it.

I shall.

Spring jumps and switch jumps were absolute murder on the PC one.