Take A Pic Of Your Dinner!

Blue

If I remember correctly, I skimmed a fair bit of fat off from the pan juices. I was also stingy on the water but checked it a few times during cooking and topped it up from time to time - it needed a little nurturing. I think you're right insofar as it's important not to drown the onions at the start of the cooking so they have a chance to caramelise, but if things are drying up afterwards you can always loosen it up with some liquid.

I might make it again next week and see how it turns out.

I like to nip to the local butchers and pick up a couple of bangers for either a hearty tea or a fit Sunday brekky.

Here's 2 cumberlands hot out the oven. *phwoar* Look at the length of them!

p1000736l.jpg

This evening's Dick Dinner. Sausages are....I forget...they're a spicy type but the name escapes me :| Salad is watercress, cucumber, red pepper, mozzarella, bit of cheddar, basil leaves & drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

p1000752vk.jpg

I wanted to try something different and so, lo: halloumi, cherry toms, and button mushroom kebabs on a bed of cous-cous made with veg stock and mixed up with a roasted pepper, some pine nuts, apricots and lemon juice. Served with a weird-ass dressing of capers, parsley, basil, garlic, mint, and oil, all whizzed up in a blender. First time I've tried capers, they're rather nice, aren't they?

Haloumikebabs.jpg

Comes with the usual caveat of 'it tasted much better than it looked'. A Hairy Biker's recipe, definitely going to be looking at what else they've done as it was the most interesting vegetarian recipe I have tried in months.

Like almost everyone else in the thread, I attempted Davros's chicken on Saturday night. Pics are too crap to post (plus it didn't look terribly pretty), but it was delicious, fed two of us, me again on Sunday and sandwiches on Monday, and I made chicken soup from the carcass last night which I had for lunch today. Thanks Davros!

Amazing work, Craster. I'm sure your wife must have been thrilled.

I had a nice dinner on saturday, though I didn't cook it.

The best pate (with fab sweet tomato chutney) I've ever tasted, lamb thingy and sticky toffee pudding:

post-3597-023703300 1300224222_thumb.jpg

post-3597-022857100 1300224295_thumb.jpg

post-3597-018270100 1300224373_thumb.jpg

Wow! I can't believe you made your own meat fruit, Craster. Have you been to Dinner by Heston? Yours looks like a really good effort. Rest of the meal looks damn good too.

I've not been, no. I just loved the idea so much that I couldn't resist having a go. I was really surprised they came out looking so good.

Amazing work, Craster. I'm sure your wife must have been thrilled.

I had a nice dinner on saturday, though I didn't cook it.

The best pate (with fab sweet tomato chutney) I've ever tasted, lamb thingy and sticky toffee pudding:

What kind of pate?! I must know as I love the stuff.

Yep. Missed out on an Alinea booking last year because we suddenly had to accomodate a couple of extra people, I was gutted. I used bits from a couple of Alinea recipes in various places in that meal.

Where I've got the hunk of mozarella in the main course above, I was attempting to do what Ferren Adria does for his 'olives' - mozarella blended with a little cream, then 'spherified' into a liquid ball with a gel skin. It really, really didn't work, and I ended up with a disgusting jelly mess. Still the mozarella on its own was superb (waitrose now do one from Laverstoke Park farm which really is superb) although the fact that it was straight out of the fridge meant that the temperature contrast with the hot puree and roasted cauliflower was a little bit odd. Would let it get to room temperature next time, I think.

Also, the Alinea book is absolutely gorgeous.

I am obsessed with Grant Achatz and Alinea.

He's just written a new book 'Life, On The Line' which I intend on purchasing soon.

I found this blog called Alineaphile where some guy tries to make the recipes out of his book. The recipes are insanely complex.

For anyone wondering what I'm talking about:

I've been taking photos of my meals since the beginning of the year to try and improve on my presentation, some highlights :-

(Linked as there are a load)

Sirloin Steak With Mushrooms stuffed with leek and Canadian Cheddar.

My link

Chicken Pie

My link

Moroccan Vegetable Stew

My link

Tagliatelle Bolognese

My link

Lasagne

My link

Chciken Tikka Masala

My link

With the best Naan Breads ive ever made

My link

Meatballs with garlic roasted potatoes

My link

Tagliatelle with Dolcelatte and Mushrooms (with steak - I like Pasta with steak

My link

Roasted garlic and red pepper ravioli

My link

Mixed Pepper Risotto with Portobello Mushrooms

My link

Tagliatelle with Spinach & Mascarpone

My link

That's about the best of the bunch.

I've been taking photos of my meals since the beginning of the year to try and improve on my presentation, some highlights :-

That's about the best of the bunch.

These are nice pics :)

Would you be interested in posting these to my food blog? It is sort of a colaborative effort with a few different admins, I'm not really promoting it or anything it is just to keep my food pics out of my general stream and to share thoughts and things with others.

If you are interested the link is in my sig, I can make you an admin once you are a fan and then you can upload all your pics to your own folder and keep it update as you go :)