IGNORED

Take A Pic Of Your Dinner!

Blue

1 hour ago, sir podger said:

how long did they cool for and how much water was in the tray?

Oh, hello. They rested for 15 minutes and there was no water in the tray, it was just to catch drips.

51 minutes ago, sir podger said:

sorry, phone typo, how long did they cook for? they are making me hungry and I've just devoured most of a cow!

Ha, sorry. They cooked for an hour at a low temp. Had a little mahogany in there for a touch of smoke. I think I'm about to fall down a rabbit hole of barbecue cooking. Blame You Tube.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From scratch sweet and sour chicken using this recipe

https://www.recipetineats.com/oven-baked-sweet-sour-chicken/

Made this before and the sauce is absolutely amazing, so bright and vibrant and miles better than anything you can get in a jar (but maybe a touch sweet for my personal taste as listed) - I think we'll experiment with the chicken bit and may go all fried without the oven for a nicer texture, the more fully fried coating wouldn't soak up as much sauce I think which will keep the flavour as full on as it is in the pan before the oven cooked chicken goes back in.

She also has a stir fry version with the same sauce but think I like the slightly chewy crunch of the classic takeaway version, may try it though

https://www.recipetineats.com/sweet-and-sour-chicken-stir-fry/

Screenshot_25_03_2021__07_51.thumb.jpg.43f49f085320de1a19144ac73a28a8bf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Best Mac N Cheese ever is a bold claim but this is a great recipe from Tin Eats. Its so creamy and saucy and the pasta keeps its shape and doesn't go claggy.

I think the 2 clinchers are clever, the technique to coat your pasta in butter preventing it 'blowing' worked beautifully and was new to me, and the use of non pre grated cheese for smoother sauce due to lack of de-clumping agent. The crunchy top is also fantastic.

I tweaked the topping frying up 150g of pancetta and using the rendered bacon fat instead of butter on the panko, also adding a bit of grated parm in to it. Otherwise followed exactly using Gruyere and the Galbani block of mozz. As always no milk for me due to other half so used the full fat Mylk sub which is fine for a béchamel, you wouldn't know. 

Screenshot_02_12_2021__07_18.thumb.jpg.d791f584ff45a12c2c51991a978afeff.jpg

PXL_20211206_183104072.thumb.jpg.c9df34c6501a762704f2aced461ae4a5.jpg

Sometimes a simple platter of stuff is the best. Combination of a few left overs and bits and pieces.

Tsatziki

Beetroot and mint hummus

Roasted broccoli with a little parmesan

Cucumber salad

Lettuce, tomato salad with lemon and olive oil

Pitta

Chicken teriyaki thighs

• 2 weeks later...

lunch more than dinner this, there used to be a place in the City that had a few shops called Fuzzy's Grub. They only did roast dinner with all the trimmings in doorstop bread sandwiches with gravy - it was amazing but the queue was huge, it was expensive and they went bust.

this is my homage to them, with leftover roast turkey from earlier in the week, roast spuds, veggies, gravy and a bit of mayo & cranberry in a hot crusty par-baked roll.

couldn't get it down our necks fast enough

IMG_3431.thumb.jpeg.79f1d4072216beb3c0d8163263a098f9.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Not usually a fan of tacos, delicious filling in either a midget fajita wrap or something that shatters as soon as you breathe on it. The taste of these though makes it worthwhile and can use the mince for whatever you want.

9AE12C07-E22B-4C6E-AFEF-EA302D002858.thumb.jpeg.ccba26fc893a2de7d478028bd06523fb.jpeg

The lime juice pickled onions are great addition and the spice mix is well worth the up front effort.

Recipe is well written and key is taking your mince past any moisture being left to almost sawdust, before rehydrating in spicy stock mix. 

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/next-level-minced-beef-tacos