Recently, I noticed my local Gamestation is selling off unboxed GBA games - everything is £2, or they might offer a deal if you get a bunch. Obviously this might just be an informal offer and your success at your local store may vary, but I got:

Super Puzzle Fighter

Pokemon Ruby

Mario Kart Super Circuit

Onimusha Tactics

Zelda Minish Cap

Sonic Advance 3

Super Mario Advance (i.e. Super Mario 2)

Super Street Fighter II Revival

Shining Soul

Super Ghouls n Ghosts

Castlevania NES classics

Yoshi's Island SMA3

Zelda Link to the Past

Castlevania Circle of the Moon

GT Advance 3/Moto GP double pack

All for under £20. Definitely worth it, you might find some gems.

Great news for some easy bargains, however makes me wonder if this is the beginning of another format loss, it's already getting harder to find anything older than ps2 out on the high street, does the release of the DSi mean that GBA is finally on the way out of the high street altogether? Sad times.

Great news for some easy bargains, however makes me wonder if this is the beginning of another format loss, it's already getting harder to find anything older than ps2 out on the high street, does the release of the DSi mean that GBA is finally on the way out of the high street altogether? Sad times.

This is made worse by the fact you can't trust GBA stuff via the internet. I'd love to pick some GBA games up but would want to see them first.

• 2 weeks later...

Just when I thought all hope was lost, the empty cabinet in our Hull store filled up with 49p games!

Mostly tie-in rubbish, picked up the following:

Doom

Doom 2

Megaman Battle Network (really enjoying this one)

Final Fight One

Sabrewulf

Mech Platoon

Tony Hawks

Megaman Battle Network (really enjoying this one)

Final Fight One

Mech Platoon

Some greats there. Megaman BN is a really entertaining slant on the JRPG formula with some good real-time elements. Final Fight One is just as you'd expect, and Mech Platoon is a rare example of a portable console RTS (it isn't great, but it's worth an hour just as a curio).

Some greats there. Megaman BN is a really entertaining slant on the JRPG formula with some good real-time elements.

I'm really getting into it - at first the endless random battles pissed me off, but being able to 'jack into' various stuff has me hooked! For me, the battles spiced up when I started constructing my own collection of chips and weren't so repetitive then.