Sign in to follow this  
fasteasyfree

Game of Thrones (All book discussion in marked spoiler tags please)

Shame we've got more a chance of the story finishing in series form than we have of George finishing A Dance With Dragons.

I dunno. Some of his recent blog updates have been more promising (he's actually talking about his writing!). And hopefully with the show now being greenlit it might give him an added impetus to try and get the thing done this year.

muxy0h.jpg

I think the climax of the first book would certainly be something to behold. Though I think I'm mostly looking forward to the scene where Brann sees something that he wasn't meant to see, any of the Direwolf scenes or Arya's escape.

Basically any Arya scene really.

I hope they do the Tourney justice (complete with the clash of the Clegane brothers). The Imp walking in on Lady Catelyn at the Crossroads should be good. Ooh and Joffrey dragging Sansa along to investigate the noises in the wood.

HBO have a potentially amazing lineup of shows for the next year or so. :lol:

Treme, Boardwalk Empire, The Pacific and now Game of Thrones.

Looking forward to seeing the Wall, Arya scenes and the Tyrion scenes.

HBO have a potentially amazing lineup of shows for the next year or so. :lol:

Treme, Boardwalk Empire, The Pacific and now Game of Thrones.

Don't forget Luck and Mildred Pierce.

I think it is HBOs best ever potential line up of new shows.

NOTE: Spoiler below is a from a later book

If it's handled well,

the betrayal of Robb Stark

could be utterly brilliant. So tense.

So that'll be a spoiler from one of the later books, not A Game of Thrones. Thanks a lot.

Looks like Dany is being recast.

UPDATE: Elena Satine disclosed on her Twitter account (which has since been deleted) that she auditioned for the role of Dany. In addition, she also confirmed that she can do British accent:

Its Dany. I don’t have silver hair OR violet eyes but then again I don’t think any humans do

Yes of course [i can do British accent], I trained in the UK. I don’t graze through dialects like Sam Worthington either

And yes she is hot.

Gonna be interesting how they handle this with all the underage nudity/sex, and questionable relationships in the books, I guess some of the characters will have to be made a little older. Cant wait tho, just about to start the last book.

I'm making my way through the audiobook series at the moment, which is expertly read btw, and I'm so glad this is getting small screen HBO treatment rather than squeezing it all into a half-arsed big screen trilogy (in 3D ofc).

Hopefully it'll be tv phenomenon and lead to further dark fantasy adaptations like The Wheel of Time series, etc.

We need the combined powers of you, The Sarge and Goose RIGHT NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!

ASSEMBLE!

Found it! (all on my own :P)

[yt]kBjFX76oU8E[/yt]

Expect it to be taken down at some point.