IGNORED

Words With Friends (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)

Paulando

Add me please : ScratchyDirk

After a good start (won 3, lost 1), I've just lost 3 on the trot.

I've got another 4 or 5 losses coming up too, which isn't great.

Looks like another win coming up against me though.

(I really hope you're not counting that first "game" against me as win ;) ).

(deKay, I will get my revenge though!)

Looks like you are already!

I got my revenge on therev today:

IMG_0069.PNG

Sorry to those people still waiting for me to take my turn - I have *29* games on the go at once! If you get turned down for a game, it's not becaise I don't want to play you, it's because I can't cope! ;)

Initial thoughts on a ladder

Basic rules

-----------

Play anyone above you on the ladder. It's best to play people within 6 'rungs' of you.

To get a result added, post a pic of the final board.

More detail

-----------

Participation:

New players will start at the bottom.

You must accept challanges from lower placed players.

If you don't play in a game for 2 weeks, you'll be dropped 50% of the ladder. After a further 2 weeks you'll be removed from the ladder.

Playing:

You can play as many games at the same time as you like. The order they are reported will be the order they are entered into the system.

If opp is 6 or less places above you and you win, you go up 50% of difference

If opp is over 6 places above you and you win, you go up 25% of difference

If opp is over 10 places or more above you and you win, you go up 10% of difference

Reporting:

If you can't post a pic of the final board, both players should report the match outcome for it be added.

The ladder will be updated manually, so don't expect instant updates.

All games reported so far in the thread will be added before the initial ladder is announced.

I'm finding this really fun but at the same time it's making me realise qhite how terrible my vocabulary is.

That and the fact the my spelling isn't up to much either.

Apologies to anyone I'm currently playing.

Using a touch with limited WiFi acess is meaning it really is taking a while to get through the turns.

Initial thoughts on a ladder

They sound brilliant. I'm up for the 'Ladder of Literacy'

I'm off to France tomorrow, and due to the extortionate roaming charges, I'll only be making one move a day on all my games, sorry. Maybe Wi-Fi enabled camping sites are the norm these days - Fingers Crossed

They sound brilliant. I'm up for the 'Ladder of Literacy'

I'm off to France tomorrow, and due to the extortionate roaming charges, I'll only be making one move a day on all my games, sorry. Maybe Wi-Fi enabled camping sites are the norm these days - Fingers Crossed

It is France though, so probably not.

Ok, the initial ladder has been created:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=taY...amp;output=html

It only includes people who have posted images of the final board in this thread to give us a starting point. Everyone starts with a played/won record of 0/0.

I'll monitor the thread and update it as we go along. For now though, Paulando is running riot!

People not on the ladder yet: Feel free to play anyone on the ladder and post the final board. The rules are in the above linked page.