Dune - Denis Villeneuve to direct!

11 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

What you mean by correct is only; most widely accepted. Until it's not.

I don't think putting a semicolon there will ever be widely accepted. ;)

I can live with most Americanisms but the one that I fucking hate, especially when written, is the omission of 'to be' when talking in the future tense.

For example  'This thing needs <to be> fixed.'

It's painful to see or hear.

5 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

I can live with most Americanisms but the one that I fucking hate, especially when written, is the omission of 'to be' when talking in the future tense.

For example  'This thing needs <to be> fixed.'

It's painful to see or hear.

This isn't wrong.

Completely maddening.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/05/2020 at 20:35, Gigawatt said:

In anticipation of this, I read the book for the first time as part of my lockdown education. I loved it. 

Then having never seen the ‘84 film I thought I would rent it off iTunes to see if it was any good. 

Hide contents

Considering this came out the year after Return of the Jedi, the visual effects aren’t up to much, but maybe that’s just because ILM were way ahead of everyone else at the time?

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/578209/david-lynch-turned-down-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi

On 01/08/2020 at 22:16, grounded_dreams said:

Villeneuve has done a nice long masterclass interview for the Shanghai International Film Festival, he goes over his career and discusses Dune, enjoy

Thanks for this, absolutely fascinating.

• 3 weeks later...

Teaser trailer is in front of Tenet in the US, not sure about elsewhere. It's the gom jabbar scene cut with other bits of Paul being 'tested'.  From the few hazy screen grabs floating around it looks the part.

Longer online trailer in a couple of weeks. 

8 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Teaser trailer is in front of Tenet in the US, not sure about elsewhere. It's the gom jabbar scene cut with other bits of Paul being 'tested'.  From the few hazy screen grabs floating around it looks the part.

Longer online trailer in a couple of weeks. 

Goddammit I was annoyed it wasn't on the Uk Release.

Instead we got this:

:|

WB are being full on with copyright takedowns.  There's some screens up here for as long as they last.  What little's show certainly looks the part.  The ornithopter is ace.

edit: and the screenshots are gone.