Carlito - Dollarez v Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II Result 2 - 1

Polmon - PolmonTheNinja v cale - Cales Moog Result 0 - 3

Dave White - The Dave White v sithlordx - cosmickillerdyl

Round 6

Asura - Kutai v Carlito - Dollarez Result 0 - 3

cale - Cales Moog v GC Zombie - GC Zombie Result 0 - 3

Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II v Dave White - The Dave White

sithlordx - cosmickillerdyl v Polmon - PolmonTheNinja Result 3 - 0

Fixtures are posted up in the format 'Host' v 'Challenger'.

Host (home fixture) plays on 1P side, Challenger (away fixture) plays on 2P side.

Each round is 99 seconds, best of three rounds.

You must play three matches against each opponent. Even if you lose the first two matches, you must play the third and confirm the outcome of all three matches.

Please post your results in the following format:

Host Username - Gamertag Matches Won v Matches Won Challenger Username - Gamertag

E.G.

Asura - Kutai 1 v 2 Sithlordx - cosmickillerdyl

Both players must confirm each result.

Thanks to everyone for being so prompt in playing last week's fixtures. Keep it up!

I can do tonight cale / fryingpan if you're about from about 8.30 onwards?

Otherwise Thursday / Friday evening is good for me.

edit - didn't realise I have 3 matches - sith, I can play you this evening too if you're available?

Dante Sigona 2 - 1 Kutai

In between those low pokes and the snake strikes, I just had no way in. Couldn't suss out a way round what seemed like a real defensive wall, and for some reason, I missed EVERY wakeup super and ultra I went for whilst Dante was in the middle of those messiah kicks (missed isn't quite right; I actually didn't pull them off). There just seemed to be a lot of situations where there was a good screen distance between us and I couldn't cross it via any means; I need to work on my focus dashes I think - I'm ok for away but I have trouble advancing with them, and I think they might have turned the tide in that third game when I got hit by all those pokes.

Even so, it was interesting. I've never played someone who actually used Rufus well before, and I hadn't even seen half those moves - for example, his low fierce punch poke and his standing punch anti-air were completely new to me.

I hadn't even seen half those moves - for example, his low fierce punch poke

Really? I seem to eat that puppy daily even though I know it's coming. Not unlike the Blanka slide in that respect...

Anyway I am going to be on for a decent bit after I get back from work tomorrow - should be back by around 1845h.

his low fierce punch poke...

Or as we Rufus users call it, "Reach for the nachos."

Good games. I'm totally unfamiliar with that match up so I tried to play it as cautiously as possible, throwing out snake strikes whenever you jumped in and hoping they'd connect, or at least trade. I sort of felt like I was playing Rufus wrong as he's more of a rushdown character, but I didn't want to jump in with anything potentially unsafe when I didn't know what your options were. So I'm sorry if that didn't make for a particularly exciting match! I'll probably go all out next time and get torn apart.

By the way, how do you get that catface for your facemark icon? Everyone* seems to have one except me! I need to know!

*You and sithlord

Or as we Rufus users call it, "Reach for the nachos."

Good games. I'm totally unfamiliar with that match up so I tried to play it as cautiously as possible, throwing out snake strikes whenever you jumped in and hoping they'd connect, or at least trade. I sort of felt like I was playing Rufus wrong as he's more of a rushdown character, but I didn't want to jump in with anything potentially unsafe when I didn't know what your options were. So I'm sorry if that didn't make for a particularly exciting match! I'll probably go all out next time and get torn apart.

By the way, how do you get that catface for your facemark icon? Everyone* seems to have one except me! I need to know!

*You and sithlord

My icon is currently set to blank.

Also, you're right about the Snake Strikes. I need to try and learn more about advancing on the ground, rather than just in the air.

My icon is currently set to blank.

Nah not your icon, your facemark, the little animated face you can change with LT/RT. It was a cat's face. Although maybe it didn't look like that on your end for some reason, I dunno. :) I'm not really sure why I care so much, but I'm determined to find out how to get one now (a google search turns up nothing).

Anyway...

Next time I play Asura or sithlord I'll take a picture of the damn thing. Then you'll see.

Although maybe you all know the secret of the catface and you've made a pact not to tell me? Like a conspiracy or some shit. Why would you guys do that? What are you afraid of.

Anyway...

Cale 0 - 3 gc zombie

Pretty routine win for GC's Gief. I do struggle against Giefs in general. Bit of an uphill struggle for Dan. GC played tight and effective and I really had no chance. Well played, chap!

The friendlies were a bit more open and fun though. Let's do it again sometime. :)

Polmon/Dave White: either of you gents about tomorrow evening? 6ish till 7ish?

Confirm result.

During the 1st round I was genuinely worried I'd lose because your mind games were so excellent I kept wandering cluelessly into combos. But ultimately the giefs massive health and damage advantage won me the rounds.

Those friendlies were superb, I laughed out loud on more than one occasion because of the beating I was receiving. I've never actually chosen anyone other than Gief online, it was nice change trying out some of the other characters.

Cale 0 - 3 gc zombie

Pretty routine win for GC's Gief. I do struggle against Giefs in general. Bit of an uphill struggle for Dan. GC played tight and effective and I really had no chance. Well played, chap!

The friendlies were a bit more open and fun though. Let's do it again sometime. :)

Polmon/Dave White: either of you gents about tomorrow evening? 6ish till 7ish?

I'm around tonight cale, and Saturday morning, but I'm out tomorrow evening sorry :/

Asura 0 - Carlito 3

A disgraceful victory of crude force over beauty.

Gen was pulling out all sorts with balletic style and grace, Bison on the other hand chose repeated unfashionable kicks to the head with his hard shoes on.

Anyone else up for some games later? I am gasping for a cup of tea but will be on in the next 20 minutes or so.

Asura 0 - Carlito 3

A disgraceful victory of crude force over beauty.

Gen was pulling out all sorts with balletic style and grace, Bison on the other hand chose repeated unfashionable kicks to the head with his hard shoes on.

Anyone else up for some games later? I am gasping for a cup of tea but will be on in the next 20 minutes or so.

Confirmed.