IGNORED

SFIV 1st Division - Week 1, Season 2

Michael J Glocks

Polmon - PolmonTheNinja 1 v 2 GC Zombie - GC Zombie

Things started out kinda even in the first game, then Zombie just dicked on me for the last round and a half and right the way through the second game, and I managed to fend him off through the last game and salvage at least a bit of Ryu's poor face.

Good games nevertheless! :) Shame about the slight choppyness in the last game though, dunno what was going on there :wub:

Dave White - The Dave White (Ryu) 3 - 0 giant_frying_pan - giantfryingpan (Balrog)

Never really had a look in here as my counters to the standard Ryu combos weren't working (or weren't coming off). The odd round was close, but the result, never in doubt.

I have a lot of ring rust (or er...street rust...) to shake off :S

Confirm 1-2. Polmon v Zombie

I didn't even notice the choppiness. Probably because I spent most of the last game on my arse, you put up a wall of pain I just couldn't break down... I'll be honest here, my ultra that killed you in the first set was a complete accident, I didn't mean to jump straight up over your ultra, it was meant to be a jab SPD, which would have lead to me getting a face full of fireball. Instead I found myself above you as you broke out yours, I actually shouted "fuck!" at the TV because I couldn't believe my luck!

cale - Cales Moog 1 v 2 Asura - Kutai

Great games all round, both the matches and the friendlies afterwards.

Cale puts up quite a fight as Dan. I kinda fell to pieces in the second round, a combination of his good mixup/fake with aerial Dan-ku-kyaku game, and also getting myself tied in knots due to being in the wrong stance here and there - that and a convincing end to the first match made me try and swoop for a quick win in the second - I overstretched clearly with my combos and Cale caught me out with it. The other two were quite close run, but overall I came away with two of the three games.

Double post.

I'll take this opportunity to ramble.

Because I knew I was facing two Ryus tonight, I thought I'd train for a couple of hours doing G2 championships because all I usually get are Ryus. I only saw one in 2 hours! I kept getting Cammys and El Fuertes. Madness.

Double post.

I'll take this opportunity to ramble.

Because I knew I was facing two Ryus tonight, I thought I'd train for a couple of hours doing G2 championships because all I usually get are Ryus. I only saw one in 2 hours! I kept getting Cammys and El Fuertes. Madness.

Strangely, I've been playing loads of Chun-Li's, Vega's and even a couple of Rufus' this evening - only seen 2 other Ryu's the whole time!

Dave, I'll send you a friend request now, give me a shout when you're available and we can throw our Ryu's at each other :wub:

Dave White - The Dave White (Ryu) 1 - 2 Polmon - PolmonTheNinja (Ryu)

I snatched the first game somehow in two straight rounds, despite Dave comboing me pretty hardcore, Dave took the second game in three close rounds, and I managed to fend Dave off and take the first two rounds of the last game too.

Good games, it was pretty tense from my perspective - I hate mirror matches almost as much as I hate playing against Blanka - and I was a bit shaky going into the last game.

Ja. Asura's result confirmed.

Poor Dan. He's made a valiant but ultimately futile start so far. Still, not too far away from the win - it'll come. Hopefully. Kept getting caught out by Asura's Gen's cross up - that and failing to take advantage of whiffed gekiros (if that's what they're called).

Good fun though. Enjoyable set of matches. :wub:

Just Carlito left for me this week then. I need to get some points on the board!

Cale, I can play our game late on monday or sometime on tuesday evening if you are keen.

I saw you on today but I was incapable of anything beyond the most basic of motor functions due to a hangover so severe it made me question my very existence.

Cale, I can play our game late on monday or sometime on tuesday evening if you are keen.

I saw you on today but I was incapable of anything beyond the most basic of motor functions due to a hangover so severe it made me question my very existence.

I think you missed a trick not playing me yesterday as I spent all that time being thoroughly buggered by Hegg. Morale was low after that and you probably only had to turn up for me to have folded like a deck of cards.

Anyway, I'm clearly unstoppable again now so let's do it. What time can you do tonight? Early as possible please lest I risk being on the end of the dreaded Wife Tut. *shudders*

Nah you just played it smart. Rufus has a tough time closing distance on shotos at fullscreen, and I need to learn ways around that if I want to feel confident with him cos there's no shortage of shotos online! I might print out the Ryu match up thread on SRK and read it in bed tonight. :(

Really good games. By the way, how'd you get that catface for your facemark icon? I want one of those!

ALSO: Only two fixtures left for this week, and it looks like they'll be done before week 2 begins on Wednesday. Thanks to everyone for being so prompt and making running this thing so much easier than it might have been. :P

Sithlord, you were online for half an hour earlier whilst I messaged and invited you twice. Aren't you getting my messages? I'm working overtime this week so I can only play now, or this time tomorrow - and I'd prefer it was now if possible.

Nah you just played it smart. Rufus has a tough time closing distance on shotos at fullscreen, and I need to learn ways around that if I want to feel confident with him cos there's no shortage of shotos online! I might print out the Ryu match up thread on SRK and read it in bed tonight. :lol:

Actually he's got plenty of options - Galactic Tornado will absorb two fireballs if you get the timing right as it has absorb properties at the beginning and end. From fullscreen MP Snake Strike goes over them and moves you forward a bit. Falcon kick mixups, obviously....and then there's always FADC.

Sagat's a different matter, high Tiger Shots are a bastard, but against Ryu/Ken/Akuma you're actually quite well set up.

God, I love Rufus. ^_^

Actually he's got plenty of options - Galactic Tornado will absorb two fireballs if you get the timing right as it has absorb properties at the beginning and end. From fullscreen MP Snake Strike goes over them and moves you forward a bit. Falcon kick mixups, obviously....and then there's always FADC.

Sagat's a different matter, high Tiger Shots are a bastard, but against Ryu/Ken/Akuma you're actually quite well set up.

Sithlord wasn't falling for any of that stuff though! :lol: I find jumping HP pretty good for getting in over fireballs, but I never wait to see if it hits before the crouching MK xx EX Tornado, which is a stupid waste of meter and a bad habit I need to break. I did manage to hit him with the EX Messiah FADC ultra though. B)

And don't get me started on the Rufus/Sagat match up. Standing HK all day.

Sithlord wasn't falling for any of that stuff though! :angry: I find jumping HP pretty good for getting in over fireballs, but I never wait to see if it hits before the crouching MK xx EX Tornado, which is a stupid waste of meter and a bad habit I need to break. I did manage to hit him with the EX Messiah FADC ultra though. B)

And don't get me started on the Rufus/Sagat match up. Standing HK all day.

We should do some friendlies sometime man. I came across a Rufus in Championship Mode yesterday and it was hilarious, by the end it was just a matter of who could mash out wakeup EX Messiah first. :lol:

EX Messiah FADC Ultra's pretty pointless imo, Rufus needs meter badly so using three to do that, especially bearing in mind damage scaling and the fact he has so many normal (and much easier) Ultra setups...nah.

I'm sure there are more economical ways to use the meter but at the moment I'll always take that option if I get the opportunity, in case I don't get another chance to land big damage. I'm sure that'll change as I get more confident with the character.

Sometimes I'll try a HK Messiah FADC if they're throwing fireballs but EX just feels that much safer. I definitely don't use the dive kick target combo set up as often as I should though.