IGNORED

Awesome rare gaming merch, swag, collector's items, etc

Solid SOAP

Do you guys all have massive gaming collections, or are you more into collectables than the games themselves? I ask because I have a fairly substantial collection but an absolute minimum amount of collectable tat, strictly limited to a couple things that came packaged inside game boxes. In fact the only thing I can think of that I went out of my way to get was paying a couple quid extra for the Jade Empire limited edition box, and that was only because it included some extra game content.

Not that I'm sneering or anything - I'm just curious about where it all comes from.

Anyone still have those Donkey Kong Country SNES ice-creams from around 1996? Jesus, they were delicious. Strawberry, chocolate and banana ice-cream, in the shape of DK's head, on a stick.

Surely that must be rare - I bet no one bothered to keep an ice-cream in their freezer for over a decade. ^_^

There used to be Mario ones too, no? Those were my fave.

pic480222_md.jpg

Oh awesome, I've not seen that since I was a kid!!! Yeah, a friend used to have it. he'd lost most of the pills, but it was just fun getting the cool pac-man playing piece and munching random stuff :D

Personally though, I still love my copy of this, as non-rare as it is.

10th%20disc%201.jpg

I have some T shirts.

The Phantom "I believe" one.

Atari "Freak"

Nintendo Super FX

Codemasters Dragon Empires

And the original X box one with the green plastic X on the front.

I collect SCUBA diving T shirts and had so many that we had a T shirt clearout.

Unfortunately my numbered, limited edition, SAM Coupe one went then, along with a few others.

ff7figures.jpg

I have some of the above.

I have Cloud, Aeris, Tifa, Barret, Red XIII, Vincent and Sephiroth.

Does anyone know if they hold any value? i bought them whilst on a trip to florida about 9-10 years ago. I've had them up in my attic for ages, but they are all boxed in mint condition. I've never really thought about them before, but this thread has reminded me about them.

That's nice, you work on the game or something? It's not out yet, right?

I did for while until I got a new job, but that's not why I got one. My office just happens to be near the marketting department so I get given promo stuff by them. The flask happened to be one of those things. I'm not sure what they were for, in the sense of whether they were for an event or what. It's pretty useful for picnics and stuff :)

ff7figures.jpg

I have some of the above.

I have Cloud, Aeris, Tifa, Barret, Red XIII, Vincent and Sephiroth.

Does anyone know if they hold any value? i bought them whilst on a trip to florida about 9-10 years ago. I've had them up in my attic for ages, but they are all boxed in mint condition. I've never really thought about them before, but this thread has reminded me about them.

It's been a few years, but like most Final Fantasy merchandise, they fetched a fair price until the value dropped because everyone and his dog was selling them. I'd also imagine the boxset version is worth less then the blister pack singles