rllmuk
Calashnikov

This is Hip-Hop.

Well now thats not a very nice thing to say is it Das. I understand the way you dislike white people enjoying your peoples music, understand, rather than sympathise.

Anyway, what about that Kimbo guy eh ?

Another one of these cunts in the hip-hop thread...are you serious? Come on, who's alt account is it? This is so 2000 and never.

Das, I really enjoy your rap music posts, which is basically why I sent you a link of something I quite enjoyed listening to. But if you want to wander off down the corridors of alt-paranoia, be my guest.

I'm obviously Lorfarious, and I really like your hot teeth.

Track 5 is where it gets worthwhile, and I think they'll be inflowential.

Looking at Raekwons twitter, the UK and US versions of Cuban Linx 2 will have different tracklists. Hate it when they do that!

They are often 99% the same though, sometimes just a couple of bonus tracks different.

Large Pro's LP is an awesome album.

Here are the tracklists according to amazon. Not just a couple of bonus tracks tacked on.

US:

1. Return Of The North Star (Interlude) feat Poppa Wu [prd by BT]

2. House Of Flying Daggers feat Rebel INS, Ghostface, Method Man & GZA [prd by J. Dilla]

3. Sonny’s Missing [prd by Pete Rock]

4. Pyrex Vision [prd by Marley Marl]

5. Cold Outside feat Ghostface & Sugar Bang Bang [prd by ATL]

6. Black Mozart feat Rebel INS [prd by RZA]

7. New Wu feat Ghostface & Method Man [prd by RZA]

8. Penitentiary feat Ghostface [prd by BT]

9. Surgical Gloves [prd by Alchemist]

10. Broken Safety feat Jadakiss & Styles P [prd by Scram Jones]

11. Canal Street

12. Ason Jones [prd by J. Dilla]

13. Have Mercy feat Beanie Sigel & Blue Raspberry

14. 10 Bricks Cappadonna & Ghostface [prd by J. Dilla]

15. Fat Lady Sings [prd by RZA]

16. Catalina feat Lyfe Jennings [prd by Dr. Dre]

17. We Will Rob You feat GZA, Masta Killa & Slick Rick [prd by Justice]

18. About Me [prd by Dr. Dre??]

19. Mean Streets feat Rebel INS & Ghostface [prd by Mathematics]

20. Kiss The Ring feat Rebel INS & Masta Killa [prd by Scram Jones]

21. South Star feat Poppa Wu

UK:

1. Return Of The North Star (Interlude) feat Poppa Wu [prd by BT]

2. House Of Flying Daggers feat Rebel INS, Ghostface, Method Man & GZA [prd by J. Dilla]

3. Sonny’s Missing [prd by Pete Rock]

4. Pyrex Vision [prd by Marley Marl]

5. Cold Outside feat Ghostface & Sugar Bang Bang [prd by ATL]

6. Godfather feat Rebel INS

7. New Wu feat Ghostface & Method Man [prd by RZA]

8. Penitentiary feat Ghostface [prd by BT]

9. Criminology Part II feat Ghostface [prd by BT & RZA]

10. Fat Lady Sings [prd by RZA]

11. Canal Street

12. 10 Bricks Cappadonna & Ghostface [prd by J. Dilla]

13. The G-Hide feat Ghostface [prd by Necro]

14. Rockstars & Smoking Barrels feat Rebel INS & GZA [prd by RZA]

15. Catalina feat Busta Ryhmes [prd by Dr. Dre]

16. 40 Deuce feat Jadakiss & Styles P [prd by Scram Jones]

17. Walk Wit Me [prd by Scram Jones]

18. We Will Rob You feat GZA, Masta Killa & Slick Rick [prd by Justice]

19. Have Mercy feat Beanie Sigel

20. Surgical Gloves [prd by Alchemist]

21. n*gga Me [prd by Dr. Dre]

22. Mean Streets feat Rebel INS [prd by Mathematics]

23. Kiss The Ring feat Rebel INS & Masta Killa [prd by Scram Jones]

24. Ason Jones [prd by J. Dilla]

Of course Amazon may well be wrong. Nice to see Slick Rick on there.

Yeah, I hate it when that happens too. Which version is the definitive piece of work? Which is closest to the artist's vision? Being a bit OCD about my music, I'm possibly not going to be able to relax when I listen to this. I'll be fretting about it all, trying to download the tracks that are missing (we apparently don't get the 'Black Mozart' track, which is a RZA production), and trying to fit everything in and all that, but steadfastedly refusing to move other tracks. It's a headache for weirdos like me. I mean, judging by those two lists, there's quite a lot of running-order disruption which is disappointing. Imagine we got a scrambled version of Cuban Linx 1. It just wouldn't be the same album.

I actually thought there'd be more Pete Rock on there. And more Dre. For all the hype of assorted mega-producers, I don't think they're going to be able to make too big a distracting imprint on the Cuban Linx thing, with just the odd track each here and there. This is a good thing. Hopefully it'll be the producers taking this opportunity to bump out their own little take on the vintage RZA sound, which is pretty much what Dilla did with the Flying Daggerz beat, unwittingly or not (he probably had no idea his track would end up on a sequel to Cuban Linx, though you can tell he put it together with a Wu-Tanger in mind. Possibly Ghost). I suppose (and hope) that these other super-producers will be doing something similar. Like they've gone to the Cuban Linx project and kowtowed rather than Rae seeking them out for whatever sound it is they've got. I don't expect dreamy Pete Rock horns or squelchy G-Funk bass bumping from Dre, for instance.

Yeah, Rae and PR have a great track record (which is why I expected more Pete Rock production on the new album). I loved this Pete Rock-produced, Raekwon-featuring Ghostface track on Fishscale:

Complete and utter Cuban Linx flavour, with Rae and Ghost over the freezing cold chimes and strings. This is exactly the type of Pete Rock track that I'm looking for on Cuban Linx 2.

Jesus man this Necro produced Raekwon joint is killer. DIE!

Err...G-Hide?! That'll be 'Jihad' then.

Also, this tune's been knocking around for nearly a year now...might be one of the reasons it's been dropped from the album.

When the track first dropped it was called Necro, then Jihad - G hide must be the final name. Im not a fan of Necros voice but his beats are nice.

Just noticed that Murs and Slug are doing a new Felt album, the last one was good.

What he always thinks. I'm gonna write some funny sick shit. Hyde rocks.

Hyde on South of Heaven 2nd verseNSFW

On the prowl stalkin', constantly hawkin'

Sittin' on your couch waiting for you to walk in

I'll carve my name in a slain victim

Sluts I abduct get fucked and drip cum

Thats some fucked up lolworthy shit right there. The video even more so.

Edit : While we're on the subject.

THE NAME OF THE NEW ALBUM IS "DIE!"

SPREAD THE WORD

ARTWORK COMING SOON

DROPPING JAN/FEB 2010

NO MORE TOURING THIS YEAR

I DO NOTHING BUT FINISH ALBUM

DIE!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Anyone out there fancy uploading that 'Put A Beat 2 A Rhime' blends album that Lewis Parker put out a few years ago? I only have a couple of the tracks, and was bumping this earlier:

Need more of that dopeness. Basically, I got back listening to this after listening to his remix of 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder' by Jay-Z (the beat that Ghostface used later on 'Shakey Dog').

The reason I was listening to that is because I finally got round to checking out the Blu & Exile album from a couple of years back (after loving Blu's verse on the Alchemist album, and getting sick of mates telling me to check him, then Pharoahe Monch banging on about him in an interview). The first track uses the same sample:

What can I say, the guy's a stupidly talented MC. Quite brilliant at moments on the album. I definitely slept, because I know dudes recommended it at the time (who could forget that seriously bent cover?). Now it seems to be out of circulation. £120-odd on Amazon Z-shops :D

Now, I don't suppose anyone ever bothered to check B-Real's solo album this year, but I'm going through a mad Alchemist phase and came across this banger they did together:

OH SHIT, CAPTAIN SCARLET BREAKS :angry:

The reason I was listening to that is because I finally got round to checking out the Blu & Exile album from a couple of years back (after loving Blu's verse on the Alchemist album, and getting sick of mates telling me to check him, then Pharoahe Monch banging on about him in an interview). The first track uses the same sample:

What can I say, the guy's a stupidly talented MC. Quite brilliant at moments on the album. I definitely slept, because I know dudes recommended it at the time (who could forget that seriously bent cover?). Now it seems to be out of circulation. £120-odd on Amazon Z-shops :angry:

What - the - fuck! :)

I didn't so much sleep as I was fucking comatose on this guy! Thanks for posting this, finally a new MC that knows how write and spit instead of shouting random catchphrases, or flow and rhyme instead of dropping raps stiffer than Pinocchio's morning wood - ringtone bubblegum bullshit as Ice-T put it, there's too much of it. ANyway, I'm going to check out more as I speak, even though it looks like I won't be getting my hands on an original copy anytime soon at that price.