This is Hip-Hop.

The new Ka album Descendants of Cain is predictably amazing for anyone who is a fan of his sombre music. I reckon this might be his best yet though, his penmanship just gets better and better.

"our yogis did stretches upstate"!!!

• Upvote 1

I guess it’s kinda smooth, but it more reminds me of an ultra tense situation that might see me decapitated with cheese wire by a couple of masked goons in a dock warehouse somewhere at night.

God almighty, Alfredo is ridiculous. Not a wasted millisecond. Manages to lounge out with sweet strings floating out the speakers one second then switch to freezing cold cocaine music the next. Felt like I needed a shower after some of it. Think it’s even better than Fetti too. 

Weeds weeds weeds, is what we all needs needs

(My man with the rasta got the best green pasta
Tree trunk buds (but that good shit'll cost ya!)

• Upvote 1

Actual goosebumps listening to that. Absolutely outstanding, every track is a banger - no weak links whatsoever. El-P is just the best producer working today.

It's going to take a few listens to really appreciate the lyrics (I always hear the beats first) but as you can imagine, there's some superb stuff on there. Mike's verse on 'walking in the snow' is spine chilling. Stand out tracks, if I had to pick a few, would be 'Ooh La La', 'Goonies Vs ET', 'Holy Calamafuck', 'pulling the pin', 'JU$T' and the closer 'A few words for the firing squad'. But really? It's all fucking epic.

• Upvote 2

RTJ4 is omfg baby :omg:

I didn’t even really like RTJ3, but 4 is some real El-Producto shit! Absolutely excellent :wub:

Check that beat switch up on the Calamfuck track. Killed me stone DEAD.

Yessssss!

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

It’s pretty good but to be honest I would rather El-P went back and make more solo albums as after doing 5 albums with Killer Mike, it’s all starting to sound a bit samey now.

Duuuuuude. Listen again. AND AGAIN AND AGAINNN.

1 hour ago, Gremill said:

Actual goosebumps listening to that. Absolutely outstanding, every track is a banger - no weak links whatsoever. El-P is just the best producer working today.

It's going to take a few listens to really appreciate the lyrics (I always hear the beats first) but as you can imagine, there's some superb stuff on there. Mike's verse on 'walking in the snow' is spine chilling. Stand out tracks, if I had to pick a few, would be 'Ooh La La', 'Goonies Vs ET', 'Holy Calamafuck', 'pulling the pin', 'JU$T' and the closer 'A few words for the firing squad'. But really? It's all fucking epic.

I heard El say the line “what a disingenuous way to piss away existence” on one track. That’s some lost Fantastic Damage era shit. I am down with THIS.