rllmuk
Calashnikov

This is Hip-Hop.

Alchemist feat Three 6 Mafia & Juvenile?
, though it really shouldn't. :wub:

Check that beat, man. Oh my GOD. The youtube comment says it all:

I want a big fuck-off remix with a bunch of heavy hitters on there. From your Nas to your M.O.P.

One of the best tunes on the album actually. Juve rips it, good to hear his voice has matured well. I used to proper love that dude, I still think 400 degrees is a decent album.

Fuck all that, Crispin. Check out that Alchemist track with Three 6 Mafia and Juvenile. It's right up your street, but with a bit more artistic integrity than all these other tunes you like. Those ones are just made to shift ringtones.

Fuck all that, Crispin. Check out that Alchemist track with Three 6 Mafia and Juvenile. It's right up your street, but with a bit more artistic integrity than all these other tunes you like. Those ones are just made to shift ringtones.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, I hadn't heard that before. I fucking love Three 6 Mafia.

Has anyone checked out Cage's new album?

cage%20depart%20from%20me.jpg

Horrific cover, and he still sounds like a nasally weasel, but apparently there's quite a lot of El-P production on there, mostly in the 'Sleep When You're Dead' vein. All synthesisers and distorted guitar sounds. I just listened to the first track and it particularly reminds me of the first track on the El-P album :angry:

Everything else I've heard has been a bit on the whiney, introverted emo side of rap :lol: A lot of the production sound was inspired by Nine Inch Nails, apparently. Does nothing for me, I have to say.

I read up a little bit more on the next album. It's apparently a more positive and light-hearted departure from the last two dark and moody albums, as a reflection of the Bush administration coming to an end, naturally. And I don't think that is Cody Chesnutt singing on the single, though they are apparently covering this brilliant wee song from his Headphone Masterpieces album:

And we all know what happened the last time The Roots covered Cody Chesnutt. We got straight flames in our ears.

This could be superb; new Madlib/Guilty Simpson album - OJ Simpson

The charisma that Detroit’s heavy hitting MC Guilty Simpson and the Los Angeles based Beat Konducta Madlib share is undeniable. A string of songs going back to Guilty’s first appearance on wax (Jaylib’s “Strapped”) testify to a musical kinship that is rare in today’s rapper-as-an-accessory marketplace. To us, Guilty over a Madlib beat is like hearing Guru over Premier circa Daily Operation, or CL over Pete around the time they recorded “Straighten It Out.” Some times, a rapper and a producer just work well together.

The two together making OJ Simpson, Madlib (Otis Jackson) and Guilty Simpson. OJ Simpson is the name of the album. No, you won’t hear Guilty make any references to bloody gloves. No, you won’t catch Madlib driving a bronco. These are some 14 hard hitting, straight from the gutter hip hop tracks featuring Guilty’s inimitable baritone and a couple guest appearances (Elzhi, Strong Arm Steady). Some cuts by J.Rocc. And a whole bunch of attitude. This is one of our favorite projects in a while.

You can buy tracks or stream annoyingly short samples from the 12" single on Stones Throw; OJ Simpson is a rough headnodder for sure. If the album is nothing but pure Madlib rawness with Guilty on form it should be fire.

Just listened to the new Alchemist album and 1st thoughts are.

Isnt it nice to hear Eminem rapping over a good beat again.

OK that's enough to prompt a download. Reporting back soon.

Guilty Simpson is gonna be this years MF Doom what with at least 2 albums out this year and both of them should be bangers.

Detroit is where its at for me these days as I love just about everything thay comes out of there these days. Well apart from Eminem's last album. If he saw sense and used the local talent around him I bet he would make his best album yet.

I would just love a track with Em and the other Detroit rappers over a Black Milk beat.

You do you think you're telling? You shoulda fucking listened to ya boy the C. A. L.

Doubting Thomas' eyes are wide open. Standout tracks: On Sight, Keep the Heels On, That'll Work & Chemical Warfare (Eminem sounds relevant again). Shout out to ALC Theme for sampling A Clockwork Orange, though.