IGNORED

This is Hip-Hop.

Calashnikov

Nice one, esar. It's gonna become a classic cover in the hip-hop movie canon, innit. Big tings.

In other news, check out this video of Rae revisiting Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..

"You know I write like a writer" 8)

Dope track from Dilla cohort House Shoes here, featuring Alc, Oh No and Roc Marcy:

Boom.

Ouch. I guess that stems from the whole Nation of islam/5 percenter thing that Brand Nubian were associated with. 20 odd years on its good to see attitudes have changed a lot with regards to that subject.

That is an awesome cover, I still won't be buying it though as watching it makes me really sad.

I saw it last night, it was sad but there was a small glimmer of hope at the end.

It's another morally bankrupt classic from the unlikeliest duo in rap:

It's equal parts nice :wub: and scummy :o

Yeah, the songs alright, but these videos are a little bit too scummy for me. Wasn't the last one with him breaking into some guys flat and shooting him, and this one is just a string of young women coming to his house to sniff coke. Who came up with these insipid video ideas? I know he's obviously going for the morally bankrupt angle, but the vids are just so boring too.

You forgot the part where he slaps about the bird at the end. Shitsgully.

Dunno, it's just all good to get back to some raw ignorant no-thrills nihilism in the indie rap videos when everything else we see is on some quirky neo-conceptual post-modern tip. The weird dichotomy of the visual and lyrical rawness over the sumptuous soulful Madlib production makes for a particularly unnerving overall package, I reckon. Kinda like when you hear Riz Ortolani's gorgeous theme music for the heinous Cannibal Holocaust movie, or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe_ValX7PPY

Nice video for ASAP Rocky's new track (NSFW):

Feeling the production as well. Rocky himself doesn't really excite me as a rapper, but his choice in beats is impeccable. He's more like a curator of sounds (and visuals) than an artist himself, I reckon. That's not a diss, though. Lot of skill in what he does.

Lil B is funnier. More surreal references and things. Lil B has the mind of Kool Keith, minus the rapping prowess. Rocky is strictly swag rap stuff that sounds nice with the woozie beats he's been getting. I'd rather listen to a Lil B acappella than an ASAP one for sure.