IGNORED

This is Hip-Hop.

Calashnikov

It's difficult to think of a more well respected bunch of guys in music than the Beastie Boys. They're the band noone has an excuse to dislike. I have a bunch of mates with a massive variety of musical tastes and literally one band that everyone seems to respect on an equal measure are these motherfuckers. I don't know if it's because they've experimented with so many musical styles, or because their sound is so diverse, or whether it's a combination of both of those things, but they have this unique ability to unite people with different tastes simply by being dope as fuck on a record, and that is a legacy that will live on in music forever.

Now excuse me while I grab two girlies and a beer that's cold.

Terribly sad news about MCA. I was told just before starting my laptop "DJ" set at my 30th birthday party on Friday night. I didn't have any Beastie Boys MP3s on the machine I was using, but I did have this overlooked gem packed up my sleeve for a fitting tribute:

Tore the roof off it.

i love Hopsin's verse. the white guy is cool. Danny Brown's lyrics aren't memorable but his voice is the most distinctive and interesting in the line-up. obviously Future is shit. i swear the DJ skips a beat and fucks up when Future starts rapping. it's like the whole thing fell apart for 60 seconds before Danny Brown saved it.

obviously Future is shit. i swear the DJ skips a beat and fucks up when Future starts rapping. it's like the whole thing fell apart for 60 seconds before Danny Brown saved it.

The DJ is trying to sync up the start of the beat to Future's verses. And since he's all over the place, it sounds hilarious. Amazing.

Terribly sad news about MCA. I was told just before starting my laptop "DJ" set at my 30th birthday party on Friday night. I didn't have any Beastie Boys MP3s on the machine I was using, but I did have this overlooked gem packed up my sleeve for a fitting tribute:

Tore the roof off it.

This is DOPE. Can't stop listening.

Anyone know who velveteen rabbit is - he only seems to post in this thread.

Anyway, he sent me this nice message, titled you in response to my post about MCA:

your post about the beastie boys makes you look like another brown nosed hypocrite, i would love to slap the shit out of you.

... which seems slightly unfair. Just me?

Hmm... gotta be honest and say I'm not MASSIVELY loving El-P's Cancer 4 Cure album. Some of the tracks are great, certainly, (the eXqo/D.Brown track ripped it, as expected) but a few moments really clunk for me. I'm not gonna be too down on it, however, because a lot of great albums have sounded like that to me on first listen. What's everyone else saying to it?

I've had a few listens and it sounds like a solid El-P album to me - really good quality as you'd fully expect, nothing particularly 'wrong' with it but nothing too spectacular either. I'm a little bit disappointed I guess but only because I dared hope for more.

I haven't listened to the Killer Mike stream yet but I kind of had a feeling that was gonna be the better of the two from the start so I'm looking forward to the release proper.

Yeah, it's solid enough, and even some of the tracks that "I don't like" have nice little flourishes of analogue synth coming in and all that good stuff. It's just that other parts of the same tracks are letting it down for me. I can definitely see me warming to it, however. Enjoyed it a wee bit more on second listen there.

In other news, Danny Brown over some Dilla banger I'd not heard until now:

OMFG :omg: