rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mindgames

Which single game has been released on the most formats?

I just read that Myst is coming to PSN and was thinking how it must have been on a fair few formats over the years. Which got me wondering which game has been ported to the most computers and consoles? I guess Tetris has been on a few. I think Lemmings did too. What else? I dont want to count stuff like Fifa though as it's not really the same game each time (some will disagree "lol"). I know this might go in ASK TEH FORUM but it's better here. Also, Google Schmoogle.

I just read that Myst is coming to PSN and was thinking how it must have been on a fair few formats over the years. Which got me wondering which game has been ported to the most computers and consoles? I guess Tetris has been on a few. I think Lemmings did too. What else? I dont want to count stuff like Fifa though as it's not really the same game each time (some will disagree "lol"). I know this might go in ASK TEH FORUM but it's better here. Also, Google Schmoogle.

Street Fighter 2?

Lemmings if your counting old school.

Amiga

Spectrum

Commodore 64

NES

SNES

Megadrive

Gameboy

Game Gear

Lynx

PC

3D0

Amiga CD32

Atari ST

Gameboy Colour

Master System

Sam Coupe

Windows

Playstation

PSP (remake)

Playstation 2

Amstrad CPC

Acorn

Mobile Phones.....

I believe in total at least 34 systems over the years it has been released on.

and the Amiga!

Fight Vs Sagat

Insert disk 7

Fight Vs M Bison.

Insert disk 2.

repeat.

;) - 3 different versions counting Turbo and Super Turbo and they were all fucking awful.

:P - 3 different versions counting Turbo and Super Turbo and they were all fucking awful.

Wasn't there only one attack button as well? My mate had it set up like that anyway ;)

Lemmings if your counting old school.

Amiga

Spectrum

Commodore 64

NES

SNES

Megadrive

Gameboy

Game Gear

Lynx

PC

3D0

Amiga CD32

Atari ST

Gameboy Colour

Master System

Sam Coupe

Windows

Playstation

PSP (remake)

Playstation 2

Amstrad CPC

Acorn

Mobile Phones.....

I believe in total at least 34 systems over the years it has been released on.

PS3 version as well.

'Lemonade Stand' has been out on pretty much every format, hasn't it?

Wasn't there only one attack button as well? My mate had it set up like that anyway :lol:

There was one where you could have one or two attack buttons (seperate punches and kicks). Then one where you could use a 6 button pad if you had one, but it was still gash. And then one where you had to use the bottom 6 keys on the number pad. :)

Space Invaders has got to be pretty near the top, there have been versions of that since the Spectrum.

Surely Pac-Man, and it's subsequent sequels?

The original game was released on nearly every format, then there was Ms Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr, Pac n Pal, Pac-Land, Pacmania, Prof Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man... then you had the newer Pac Mans.. Pac-Man World, Ms Pac-Man Maze Madness, Pac-Man Pinball, Pac-Man Rally, Pac-Man Fever. Oh, and then there was a pinball machine, and a fruit machine...Maybe Pac-Man would count for the most themed games- or biggest cash cow. I can't wait till the film gets released, so it unleashes a new generation of Pac-Man games!

Just searching the original Pac-Man on Gamefaqs shows that the original was ported to 20 systems, never mind the amount of unofficial ports! ;-)

There was one where you could have one or two attack buttons (seperate punches and kicks). Then one where you could use a 6 button pad if you had one, but it was still gash. And then one where you had to use the bottom 6 keys on the number pad. :)

Super Street Fighter II wasn't too bad on the CD32, when installed onto an HDD. You at least had the correct number of buttons, and managed to avoid the horrible loading system... although I never tried it on CD....

I had forgotten that Street Fighter II was converted to the Speccy... god it sounds awful from the YS reviews. 128k AND a multi-load!?!?!?

Talking of Street Fighter II, does anyone remember how the "sequel" was really Human Killing Machine (well, according to US Gold). It looked fantastic in the screen shots, turned out to be really shit....