IGNORED

Do people really play games on the toilet?

Let us measure

You may read another 20 pages or just keep playing.

This. I've lost count of the number of times I get off the loo with pins and needles in my legs because I've become engrossed in whatever I'm reading/playing and lost track of time.

Sitting on the throne, DS in hand, without interruptions, is one of life's unsung luxuries. That, and quilted toilet paper.

when i get a new game i sometimes have a nice shit and read the instruction booklet.

This is practically ritual for me and as close as I get to gaming on the bog. Unless playing battleshits* counts.

* Battleshits is a game I've invented in my head after reading the title of this thread. I've never played it but I'm sure there's someone out there who has.

I often play games whilst pooing. and I rest my elbows on my knees which can lead to serious dead legs. There must be a name for that.

A mate of mine came up with a name for this but in a 'reading a newspaper' capacity and more directed at the red marks you get on your legs. He called them 'Sun Spots'.

He was most upset when it failed to make the Profanisaurus.

But, on topic, I'll play any old handheld that comes to hand when I'm on the way to the toilet. Half the time, my DS is already in there, in sleep mode. Perched atop this funny little ashtray that was there when we moved in.

What often happens to me is that I think "I'll play a little bit of.. <insert game name here> whilst I'm in there.." and then realise a while later I've been there quite a while..

I was on the loo for 90 minutes the other night playing Resistance: Retribution :wub:

I was on the loo for 90 minutes the other night playing Resistance: Retribution :wub:

What on earth do you tell your significant other/flat-mates/mates when you finally get out?!

"Oh, erm, yeah, sorry about that. It was EPIC!!!"

You're all mad. I never leave my DS or PSP anywhere near the throne - they would just get stained somehow, by the wafts.

Bleurgh!

The toilet is where a married man finds a moment of peace. You can lock the door, ignore the kids and contemplate the mysteries of this world or Peggle.

This.

Those who are concerned about pooey fingers dirtying their DS - you have heard of toilet paper, right?

1. Attend to business whilst playing a game.

2. Put portable console of choice somewhere out of the way.

3. Clean self using preferred method, usually toilet paper.

4. WASH HANDS.

5. Retrieve console and leave room.

Works for me anyway :wub:

This. No poo stainage of any kind.

I raise my hand as another toilet gamer :wub: The PSP is especially good as it has a good suspend mode; surely nobody turns off their PSP properly? I do put some thought into the type of game I play on the loo though. Advance Wars, for example, is a big fat no-no but Disgaea or Rockband Unplugged is excellent. Racing games are fairly decent too as you can do a track, wipe and go.

My shittergaming is largely confined to playing Solitaire on my phone, but I have on occasion ventured on a DS gaming odyssey that left me unable to stand or walk due to crippling pins and needles.

Normally I get some reading done though, rather than gaming.

1. Attend to business whilst playing a game.

2. Put portable console of choice somewhere out of the way.

3. Clean self using preferred method, usually toilet paper.

4. WASH HANDS.

5. Retrieve console and leave room.

Works for me anyway :wub:

Exactly. I don't know how anyone could get poo on their hands to stain it with in the first place. :D

I raise my hand as another toilet gamer :o The PSP is especially good as it has a good suspend mode; surely nobody turns off their PSP properly? I do put some thought into the type of game I play on the loo though. Advance Wars, for example, is a big fat no-no but Disgaea or Rockband Unplugged is excellent. Racing games are fairly decent too as you can do a track, wipe and go.

Racing games are ok, but I always find that afterwards there are just too many skid marks...