Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories

Rudderless

eurogamer weren't impressed..

I loved the first one - thought it was superb, but I'm really concerned that this one might be just a bit tooooo slow. I play my games at night and if they slow down, I end up falling asleep.

I bought this today from Game. Not only did it cost forty bloody quid, but there was a new girl working at the counter and when she asked where the game/booklet was kept the two guys wouldn't tell her, seemingly ignorant to the fact that there was a customer waiting for his bloody game. Cunts.

EDIT: Oh, and the plastic sleeve around the artwork was ripped at the back and the disk has got scratches on it. Cunts cunts cunts.

Anyone solved that "balance-the-weights to get the keys" puzzle?

Stuck on it. First time I've been stuck in this.

Yep.

You need more than the weights.

I just seen an ad on the TV. They're calling it an 'Interactive Mystery Novel'.

It's not the emo ad on the official site, is it? Is it more of a traditional Wii ad? Which channel was it on?

Yep.

You need more than the weights.

It's not the emo ad on the official site, is it? Is it more of a traditional Wii ad? Which channel was it on?

Are you referring to the coin? Doesn't seem to be enough.

Nope, it wasn't the ad on the site, it's one of the standard inoffensive Wii adverts. A mother and daughter playing it together in the same sitting room as the rest of them. Was on Channel 4 during the Simpsons break, Channel 4 +1 should sort you out if you really want to see it.

Thanks for the answer, but for some reason, it won't let me pick up the box.

Edit: Just tried again, still won't let me pick up the cardboard flap, either before putting in the charcoal or after, don't know why.....

I had no idea the box it came in was so AWESOME

That is awsome, it was on ebay on sunday, forgot to place a bid befor ei went out and now its over :/ - anyone out there with it and wants to get rid of it send me a PM :(

Anyway, only had time to play for 45 mins, but its cool so far, just like the other games i didnt expect too much - just chilling out reading and enjoying :o

:o awww...

I suppose it's expensive packaging - but seeing that on the shelf next to books could help grab the audience they're going for with this.

Yep, I totally agree - missed opportunity there. It's a shame that more publishers don't do really limited edition runs of special packs like this, rather than just sending 'em out to (some) reviewers.

Seems this has flopped, too - number 18 in the Wii charts, though it could get a second-week bounce. Let's Tap went from #14 to #8 this week, which would have put it just outside the All-Formats Top 40 by my reckoning. But I'm not confident it'll rise much unless that TV ad pops up more frequently (I've not spotted it once yet).

Yep, I totally agree - missed opportunity there. It's a shame that more publishers don't do really limited edition runs of special packs like this, rather than just sending 'em out to (some) reviewers.

I design a lot of special packaging like this for my job and the reason they are so limited is because they only do very short print runs otherwise the cost gets too much. And I guess the idea is to make something a bit special for the journalist so they don't just add it to the pile with the other 20 games they've been sent that week and it sticks in their mind a bit more.

I think they are a bit mad not to do a really limited run for pre order customers though, which would create a bit of a buzz. Also if you weren't able to get the special packaging version you are more likely to order the normal edition instead as you have invested time in tracking the game down! But, what do I know :lol:

• 2 weeks later...