The World Ends With You

• 2 years later...

This 2008 Nintendo DS game has been updated for Nintendo Switch with HD visuals and a new epilogue that sheds new light on the game’s story. Players can join rhythmic battles using either Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch touch screen. The game is scheduled to launch this year.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-world-ends-with-you-final-remix-switch

Good news for Switch owners :) a shame that it's another "update" though - I think the Reaper's Game concept could be expanded upon with a brand new game that follows a different group of characters or something...

32 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Good news for Switch owners :) a shame that it's another "update" though - I think the Reaper's Game concept could be expanded upon with a brand new game that follows a different group of characters or something...

I can't believe it has been over 5 years since I posted that teaser and still nothing, not even with this new window to finally do it :(

• 5 months later...

Ah, didn't know you could do that.

Still haven't got one. I'd planned on getting one this Summer, but the lacklustre E3 presentation has made me put the purchase on hold til at least December. Still looking forward to playing Super Mario Odyssey at one point.

• 3 months later...

Square has pretty much said the success of the Switch version will determine if they continue the series.

Though I'm not getting it for the Switch as I already have the NDS original, I'm still hoping this does well enough to warrant a sequel.

Switch launch trailer:

• 1 year later...

They're definitely leading towards a sequel. Between the new ending of the Switch version and an anime series, they're working towards something.  

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

They're definitely leading towards a sequel. Between the new ending of the Switch version and an anime series, they're working towards something.  

A new ending you say?

Yeah, this series looks like they're gearing up for expanding the TWEWY universe. A sequel would be most welcome. The original was a true NDS cult classic.

On 27/06/2020 at 22:05, Keyboard Koala said:

Now getting its own anime series:

maincopy_en.png

>>  https://subarashiki-anime.jp/

Could be good :)

Teaser trailer:

Based on the original story “The World Ends with You” (Square Enix)

Director: Kazuya Ichikawa (Domerica)
Screenwriter: Midori Goto (Sanzigen)
Character Design: Tetsuya Nomura & Gen Kobayashi (Square Enix)
Music: Takeharu Ishimoto (Thrill)
Production: Domerica x Shin-Ei Animation

Launch: TBA/2021.

• 2 months later...