IGNORED

Any PC racing games with decent F1 mods?

davejm

I'm caught in two minds now. I'll primarily use a wheel on the PC, but it would be nice to try it on the 360 too (with Forza 2 especially). So do I go for the better PC performance and no 360 support? or crappy PC support (I use XP too) but one I can use on the 360?

There is an official 360 steering wheel which is meant to be pretty good too...

Also, someone has bid on that auction I linked since I linked it. Which means I've now managed to sell someone else's wheel, when I failed to sell my own for cheaper the other day. Skillz.

Cool. Sorry for the indecision. I'm really tempted to get one, but I'm procrastinating about which one to go for. The FX is available from Misco for only £20 at the moment, so it's tempting to go for that one because it will work with the 360... the problem is that I think it only has the basic rumble feature (even if it does rumble on the PC) and not proper force feedback, so the GT Pro might be better on the PC. I'll decide soon, so that bradigor can have yours if I don't want it.

I've just played my free hour on rFactor, and it's immense. Loved every second of it. I've only got the 360 pad, and although it was twitchy it felt lovely to control. It felt more of a realistic drive than anything else I've played.

This'll be immense with the wheel. Sorry bradigor, but I'm definately gonna buy Afterbirth's GT Pro for the decent force feedback, even though that means I won't be able to use it with the 360. I'll PM about that now.

I've just played my free hour on rFactor, and it's immense. Loved every second of it. I've only got the 360 pad, and although it was twitchy it felt lovely to control. It felt more of a realistic drive than anything else I've played.

This'll be immense with the wheel. Sorry bradigor, but I'm definately gonna buy Afterbirth's GT Pro for the decent force feedback, even though that means I won't be able to use it with the 360. I'll PM about that now.

NO worries man, enjoy it. <_<

Yeah, why don't the driver's arms move when steering? <_<

Because rFactor doesn't have proper hand animations and it looks cack. I turn em off completely so its just the wheel and its much better. Probably looks just as stupid in replays though :wub:

Can't recommend enough a decent FFB wheel, the price difference between one without and one with is marginal for the benefit you get. Heck you can even get a Driving Force Pro for about £40 on eBay and thats one of the better ones. The DF GT is also good (pretty sure its replaced what the Driving Force Pro was?).

The Rumble in the FX isn't that great TBH and its only got 90 degree turning but it'll do for Forza3.

Also the supplied plug is a Euro or US 2 pin which has to fit into a plastic 3 pin adapter - that means the 3 pin plug wouldn't normally fit in a wall socket (Luckily mine are all unfixed 4-gang adapters!).

Compare that to massive rumble (read : Hand braking) and 900 degree turning on the GT Wheel (Plus a UK plug!).

Just as well i didn't buy the Forza Porsche wheel - the rumble wouldn't have worked on the PC either.