IGNORED

Any PC racing games with decent F1 mods?

davejm

Great timing for this thread, ive just picked up GP4 on the cheap.

Seems to be a lot of stuff out there for it to keep it up to date, but im not too sure so far how to get it all installed etc.

In the mean time check this out :-

;)

Seems to be a lot of stuff out there for it to keep it up to date, but im not too sure so far how to get it all installed etc.

;)

I really wish Geoff Crammond would just release GP4 for the consoles..... Literally just GP4, fake licenses if needed. It is still an amazing title.

rFactor. Then join rFactor central.

I must stress though - you NEED a wheel. This game is no good with a gamepad (and certainly not with a massively powered F1 car)

Ah well, I don't have a wheel. ;) It seems there's an F109 mod, but if it's going to be impossible to control I'll look elsewhere.

You could buy my Logitech GT for £20. PM me if you want it.

813247.jpg

That said, you could get a Logic ProdriveFX for £25.

You serious? I am picking up a PS2 again soon, so will be tempted in a cheap steering wheel.

If dave doesn't want it, I will*. I don't live in London but my Mother lives in Essex, I might be able to tempt her to sort something.... let me know.

*PM me at some point so we can see what the deal is.

Gah, I definately want one of these now. I can't pick up from London through. Rev, where are you based? If you're closer, I could have yours and bradigor could haveAfterbirths? I'm a little confused as to the different wheels though... Logitech/Logic/Pro Drive/Driving Force/GT etc etc. What exactly are the ones you guys have? They are for PC and not PS3 right?

From your pixture, yours is GT4/pro. Mine is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Logitech-GT-FORCE-St...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I can't see Ebay from work. ;)

;)

You think that's good. Check out this rFactor comparison. Because you the low quality youtube footage, you can't hardly tell which one is the game and which one is real.

How does the FX compare to the GT4/Pro? Do they feel pretty similar to use?

They look very similar although the GT4/Pro has better rumble in PC games (I'm not sure the FX is supported on the PC as it uses the 360 driverset, (XID) instead of DirectX). I believe the FX is supported in Vista but i don't know what driving games work and what doesn't as i use XP.

My FX has only been delivered today so i can't honestly say.