IGNORED

Psychoville

Thread Owner

Why isn't the other guy in this? Have they fallen out?

There were four in the League of Gentlemen - four writers, but only three who performed. They haven't fallen out, they've just gone their seperate ways. They keep talking about doing stuff in the future, and I think one day they will. The way they always worked (I think) was that Mark Gatiss and Jeremey Dyson would write together and Reese Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton would write together. So this is kind of 50% of the League really.

This is the freshest thing they've done in a long time in my eyes. The third series of LOG was a bit hit and miss and the film wasn't great. The third episode of Psychoville was really fantastic. I can't wait for the next one.

Did anyone else read about the forthcoming episode 4 in the Times this weekend? It sounds unbelieveable...

Episode Four is special in that it is a homage to Alfred Hitchcock's Rope (which features very long scenes without cuts). Shearsmith, Pemberton and the Psychoville crew spent almost two days rehearsing the episode, and it then took two more days to film. They finally got everything right on the 16th take on the 2nd day.

The final episode is actually made up to two takes (with an un-noticeable wipe)... however this two scene compromise was only because the HD camera equipment the production was using had to be powered down every 22 minutes (so it didn't overheat).

A well-known actor plays an important role in the 4th episode of Psychoville... but he or she does not appear in the credits or any publicity for the show. To avoid the chance of spoiling the surprise, The British Comedy Guide has opted not to reveal who this actor is in advance of the broadcast. However, if you really can't wait to discover who it is, the clue is that the actor is credited as 'Sam Kisgart'.
Why isn't the other guy in this? Have they fallen out?

Sam Kisgart?

Mark Gatiss

I don't have the paper to hand, but the chap in the Times basically described it as amazing/unmissable TV. Looking forward to this greatly!

The Court at the start was incredible. Really macabre.

It was that. Especially when Mr Jolly's Punch came out from behind the curtains.

I don't think there's anything wrong with her in this. She's doing a lovely job.

Also, good to see the fat guy from the mayonnaise adverts getting some work.

I cannot stand her in anything else she has done but in this she has been fantastic. The whole doll story is brilliant and the birthing pool scene a real standout for me.

Looking forward to re-watching the whole thing again when the Blu-ray comes out in August.

The end of the doll scene where it had turned its head towards the husband was genuinely creepy. These guys know their horror.

If the third series of LOG taught us anything, it's that they can do a fantastic multithreaded buildup but not provide a payoff to match. So I'm deliberately keeping my expectations low for the final episode. But so far, this is the best thing they've done since the LOG Christmas Special.

The end of the doll scene where it had turned its head towards the husband was genuinely creepy. These guys know their horror.

Hell yeah. I can't wait for episode four.

I also can't believe that more people aren't watching this! I'm not big on my TV, but this is essential viewing.

If the third series of LOG taught us anything, it's that they can do a fantastic multithreaded buildup but not provide a payoff to match. So I'm deliberately keeping my expectations low for the final episode. But so far, this is the best thing they've done since the LOG Christmas Special.

But the pay-offs at the end of season 1 and especially at the end of season 2 were fantastic. As was the Christmas special.

It is a huge step up from the wildly inconsistent League of Gentlemen, isn't it? They really are at theiur best when doing the incredibly dark and macabre parts which aren't often seen on TV.

Dawn French's character however is a little dull; a poor man's version of the mother who calls a plumber to fix her baby in Jam.

I'm really enjoying this. I wasn't sure after the first episode but the second and especially the third were excellent. After the way LOG declined I wasn't sure if they had anything left in them but, although tonally similar, this feels inspired in a way the movie and 3rd series of LOG didn't.

I must admit I am finding the sick stuff quite amusing. The whole "do you want it mushing up" scene was gross but hilarious.

Also the "check my mobile phone bit" got a big lol as well.

Yeah, that gag really worked, particularly when the kid picked up the chocolate bar by mistake.

This weeks episode is impressive, they seem to be doing it in a continuous shot.

Cracking episode if only for the line Freudian Clit. Genuinely still laughing about it whilst I type.

All one take bar the opening of the box lid mid episode. The happy tape made me lol too

This weeks episode is impressive, they seem to be doing it in a continuous shot.

Yeah, this was the episode that got me interested in the first place - i was off for a week and SP was on This Morning or something and he spoke about this. I think he said it took something like 21 takes over 2 days, and on at least one occasion, it was messed up on the last line. I can't remember how long he said the continous take was, so i can't decide if they made a cut at one point when they opened the lid of the chest which filled the screen?