rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Monkichi 3.0

Assassin's Creed 2

That Life system sounds like the one in Resistance 1. You can shrug off minor scrapes & need only watch out for big battles.

All these additions sound pretty good to me in terms of filling in the empty spaces of the first, but maybe i'm biased because i rather enjoyed the basic gameplay & atmosphere of AC1.

That duel-dagger-in-the-faces stuff looks like an archetypal classic pointless sequel feature - "What can we include that's better than a hidden dagger in his hands?? TWO hidden daggers in his hands!!" Other improvements look alright though.

Score wise, this has to be some of Kyd's best work - it surpasses even Blood Money.

You can hear little bits of Mass Effect, Moon and even 2001 thrown in there.

In the context of it being in a game, it's astonishing what's been achieved.

Score wise, this has to be some of Kyd's best work - it surpasses even Blood Money.

You can hear little bits of Mass Effect, Moon and even 2001 thrown in there.

In the context of it being a game, it's astonishing what's been achieved.

Awesome. Huge fan of his Blood Money score. Have you played the game then, Vin? :coffee:

You've heard the score/played the game? Eh?

I love Jesper Kyd, it's nearly got to the point where I will buy a game based on his involvement alone, nearly. But seriously, his soundtracks are superb, some of the most cinematic music I've ever heard and I get excited every time his name is mentioned in relation to a game i'm interested in.

Awesome. Huge fan of his Blood Money score. Have you played the game then, Vin? :coffee:

No, but I managed to get my hands on an advance release of the score - all two discs of it.

It really is spectacular stuff.

Yeah, a rare thing indeed - the first AC score release only housed a pithy eleven tracks.

ODST was the same - some really good shit spread over two discs, so hopefully, it's becoming a regular thing.

A quick search of a few sites reveals that it's available to download from newsgroups/usenet as well as Rapidshare & Megaupload.

Not that you should download it, because that'd be wrong. :coffee:

Tracklist.

Disc 1/2

01. Heart 3:58

02. Venice Rooftops 3:17

03. Ezio's Family 3:57

04. Florence Tarantella 1:51

05. Home In Florence 4:29

06. Approaching Target 1 3:35

07. Approaching Target 2 6:06

08. Venice Fight 2:01

09. Florence Escape 2:49

10. Tour Of Venice 3:15

11. Flight Over Venice 1 5:09

12. Back In Venice 1:32

13. Dream Of Venice 4:23

14. Home Of The Brotherhood 3:26

15. Leonardo's Inventions Pt 1 2:11

16. Venice Combat Low 1:44

17. Venice Escape 3:26

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Disc 2/2

01. Darkness Falls In Florence 4:05

02. Sanctuary 4:05

03. The Madam 1:04

04. Approaching The Target 3 5:52

05. Flight Over Venice 2 5:18

06. Ezio In Florence 2:18

07. Venice Industry 3:09

08. Stealth 2:22

09. Venice Combat 2:03

10. Notorious 1:14

11. Night Mission In Venice 2:11

12. Chariot Chase 3:20

13. The Plague 3:30

14. Wetlands Combat 2:48

15. Wetlands Escape 2:36

16. Leonardo's Inventions Pt 2 2:47

17. Hideout 2:40

18. The Animus 2.0 4:14

It's on general release on the sixteenth of next month.

Some of the tracks are subject to change, but for the most part, that's the complete list.

Obviously, if you can't wait, you'll already be halfway through the DL by now. But please bear in mind folks, it'll be under a tenner on release, so throw a few bob Kyd's way.

Christ knows the man deserves it.

No, but I managed to get my hands on an advance release of the score - all two discs of it.

Excellent. :coffee:

The soundtrack is part of the Black Edition I have on pre-order.

As for Lineage, it's not bad for what it is. Ubi certainly spent a fuckload of money on this game.

Hopefully it won't annoy me like some other recent Ubi titles.

Heard a few tracks and you weren't kidding. Stunning.

I'm just tired of hearing that distorted guitar sound on every game soundtrack, no matter how inappropriate it may be to the setting. The Call of Juarez sequel was the last game that annoyed me for the same reason.

Mood, perhaps. Setting, not really. I'm probably just being a pedant, but it really annoyed me that there were electric guitar riffs in a Wild West game like Call of Juarez. I'll probably feel the same about this.

If anything, it suits the mood as the guitar riffs only really kick in during the combat and escape cues.

That's what I was thinking. It also doesn't appear in every track.

Ezio's family is a beautiful track.

No more spoilers for me thanks. I heard that the beginning of game

picks up exactly where AC1 left off with Desmond escaping from Abstergo

& i'm going cold turkey now until I can get the game in my sweaty mitts & immerse myself in it. :unsure:

I got really bored of AC first time I played it, then I borrowed it off a friend about a year later and played it to completion. I think if you get over the fact that it's pretty simple and repetitive, it becomes more like an interactive piece of art that tells a story, and I appreciated it much more the second time through. I'm looking forward to AC2 and the story it will tell.

The new additions look pretty good as well, a poisoned blade? Now we're talking assassins!