rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Monkichi 3.0

Assassin's Creed 2

Gamescon preview

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1015718p1.html

Instead of mounting a direct assault, it's possible to open Ezio's radial weapons menu and poison your hidden dagger. By sneaking up to the bodyguard and lightly nicking him in the neck, he's sent into a drunken stupor, lashing out at those around him with his axe. To further create chaos, Ezio can sprinkle coins on the ground, sending the peasants into a money hungry frenzy as they scramble to scoop up anything shiny.

:(

Ezio has money now? Does this mean if those annoying beggar women return, you can finally get them to shut up & leave you alone without feeling like a cold-hearted jerk for brushing past them?

And no, I never tried stabbing or punching them, annoying though they were.

And no, I never tried stabbing or punching them, annoying though they were.

Awww, you really missed out then, it was so satisfying watching the annoying bastards crumple to the floor in a starving, ragged heap.

So satisfying in fact, that I've been doing the same thing in real life. I've now got a shed full of Big Issues and dogs on bits of string if anybody wants some.

• Downvote 1

I cannot wait to throw myself headlong into another Assassin's Creed world. Even if the sequel is as repetitive as the first game, the atmosphere of the cities is just so palpable that it'll be more than enough to draw me in. I'm suddenly very tempted to have a wander around the holy land for old times' sake.

Will they be wheeling out that hot brunette woman to sell the game to us again? Not that it actually sold it to me. Not on release day anyway. Months later, I bought it cheap, and still felt cheated.

I cannot wait to throw myself headlong into another Assassin's Creed world. Even if the sequel is as repetitive as the first game, the atmosphere of the cities is just so palpable that it'll be more than enough to draw me in. I'm suddenly very tempted to have a wander around the holy land for old times' sake.

That's the same reason I kept playing, I love the whole templar/crusades type stuff anyway and it just felt like being there. Wonder how Venice will map up to the real thing, getting lost down the same sodding sidestreets as I did earlier this year would be ACE. But presumably less frustrating, thanks to the actually-maps-where-the-streets-really-are ingame map!

Agreed, the atmosphere rich world they created simply draws a player in. Hopefully a bit of variance in gameplay is added in this sequel.

Day 1 purchase for me.

Awesome trailer. I really hope this Assassin's Creed will be all the things the original could have been. For some reason I think this series could possibly be remembered as this generations Ocarina of Time or Ico - in as much as, it's a young boy's adventuring dream. I would absoutely went bonkers for this when I was a kid.

Ooh, a bit of Justice always makes for a good trailer. :unsure:

they don't happen to have anything to do with assassin's creed do they? or maybe it's just that tune.. from need for speed undercover i think

:lol:

Visions of Venice Trailer

That's an inspired choice of music. The trailer's a little too long perhaps but still... :lol:

trailer isn't very assassin's creedish.. very EA.

they don't happen to have anything to do with assassin's creed do they? or maybe it's just that tune.. from need for speed undercover i think

You just had to ruin it didn't you. :unsure:

AC2 is bubbling to the top of my wanted list.

A few months ago I didn't care. I didn't think the first one was that great. But with no parkouring games coming out like Prince of Persia, sneaking around in Batman last weekend and the noises people are making that it'll be more interesting to play ...woo. I'm in.

Looks great, and the optional "dungeons" look great.

Why is it highly placed team members think they are automatically great at voice overs? :D It was like listening to the worst school teacher you ever had droning away.

The chase sections may be a bit rubbish though, he seemed to make it sound like it was a free run thing but it clearly wasn't. Having a single route through could be fine but I'm a little worried as those sections look like try-try-try again gameplay, memorising the route rather than, as he suggests, thinking on the fly.

But that aside I am looking forward to this big time, the first was very good, and with a little more diversity and thought could have been GOTY material.

I think that was more flow. Once you got use to it I found it very natural. Compared to Tomb Raider where if you're off by a gnat's chuff it goes horribly wrong it was a dream to play.

I don't know. Those free running sequences in AC2 seem to play themselves and the fighting system looks a bit simple as well. After Batman, I'm not too happy at enemies waitinf for their turn to attack.