IGNORED

League Two - Official Dressing Room

Aye, I went through all of the custom tactics and what they did, and have fine-tuned it to pretty much exactly how I want to play. Until now I've been guessing and just going with what the game's given me :wub:.

Some of them seem to have a huge impact and others very little. I've swung the shooting one from 1 to 100 and it seems o make very little difference. The crossing one seems to have a huge effect with players taking up much better positions in the area with it set high.

I have a stock tactic which I used last night against Slotter and am working on a Fenerbahce specific tactical setup which I will test again tonight. The one thing I don't get is the agression slider. Most of my first team have really high agression ratings. I'm not sure if this means that I should put the slider high to match their nature or very low to compensate. The later seems to be more effective.

The way I went about it is thinking how I wanted to play, and then adjusting the sliders accordingly, keeping in mind how much my players can actually keep to that idea. It all seems to make at least some difference. The stuff in the build up and the organised/free form especially. As you say, the crossing slider makes a tonne of difference. Really changes how your players run into the box and where they wait for the ball.

The aggression slider is just about how many people go towards the man on the ball. Think about whether you want to contain the attacks and flood your half with numbers, minimising attacking space, or if you want to double up on any player with the ball and force him into passes or muscle him off the ball.

The aggression slider is just about how many people go towards the man on the ball. Think about whether you want to contain the attacks and flood your half with numbers, minimising attacking space, or if you want to double up on any player with the ball and force him into passes or muscle him off the ball.

:wub:

That'll explain why I had matches where it'd be like playground football with all of my players in the middle of the pitch constantly winning and losing the ball. Eventually, the ball would appear either at my end or the oppositions. When I came up against someone who was playing narrow and agressive like me it'd just be 90 minutes of that. Great fun.

Hammers put through their paces

0,,12562~3704519,00.jpg

West Ham manager OneDaveBamber has taken the unprecedented step of double training sessions after only two fixtures of the campaign. Angered by his team's opening performances, Bamber has been quick to act and will hope to see the rewards in his next fixtures against Siread's Ajax.

Commenting on the strict regime now in place at Upton Park, one senior player, who wishes to remain anonymous stated "He's a slave-driver, our old gaffer bradigor used to let us sleep in until 11am. Bamber has us up at 5.30am and even comes round to players' houses to physically drag them out of bed. We are concerned about his mental well-being."

Beejay will now be looking forward to next week’s tie against old rival OneDaveBamber.

“West Bamber haven’t got off to the greatest start to the season but they have a strong first 11 and we will not underestimate their potential.”

West Bamber will have to raise their attacking game against a strong defensive Fenerbeejay if they have any hope of securing points in either fixture.

This has been pinned on the training ground dressing room. Be afraid, be very afraid...

bradigor Rages At Former Players

Former manager at war with Ashton

curbishleyglynkirkafp460.jpgdean-ashton.jpg

After a comment made by a senior West Ham player claiming the former manager let them sleep in and never had the dressing room. Bradigor has hit back. "The players let me down, I did everything I could for them, I stuck by players that weren't performing and gave other the opportunity". Bradigor was quite clearly hurt by these comments and has suspicions on the outspoken players identity. "Deano (Ashton) was mad at me after I gave him a dressing down" The new Getafe man added "He had the chance to get us 2 vital extra points towards the end of last season, instead of taking the simple finish he flicks the ball up and chests it to the keeper" The manager continues "That wasn't the only time he let us down, but I stood by him as I stood by all my players. I love the West Ham fans, they do the team proud, I wish I could say the same of some certain players in the squad"

On his new position at Getafe bradigor had this to say... "We were unlucky against Fenerbache, we dominated possession through out and a couple of mistakes cost us dearly, we have worked hard on how to deal with that and the strikers have been working on their shooting, we look forward to Fulham" bradigor continued to declare is admiration for Fulham's manager... "Billy (Brown) is a fantastic manager and is a cracking person too, I was made up to see him turn down job offers to remain loyal to Fulham, I wish them all the best for the season, but we must get off the ground or face a struggle for the rest of the season"

Sporting grab two wins to keep the heat on Fenerbeejay

marat2600.jpg

Marat Izmailov took his cup form into this game, scoring the only goal

128.gifSporting CP (Hereticboy) 1 - 0 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (scratch) 749.gif

Sporting CP scorers:

Marat Izmailov 9

Team avg rating: 6.91

This was a really tight game. I started off brightly and managed to get a goal early on through Marat Izmailov on 9 minutes. I had a few more half chances, but most of this half was spent by me passing the ball about looking for an opening. The second half was pretty much all Scratch. His two shots on target were really good chances, and my keeper did well to save them. Scratch pretty much turned the screw for most of this half, and for some reason I couldn't move the ball about or play much football at all. The ball just kept falling back to Scratch's players, and I wouldn't do anything threatening. Thankfully, towards the end of the half I started to keep the ball more. This helped me a lot, and despite not creating chances, I managed to see the game out.

Match stats

Sporting CP	-	TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
4 Shots 4
2 On target 2
63 Possession 37
0 Tackles 0
0 Fouls 0
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
1 Corners 6
50% Shot acc 50%
85% Passing acc 72%

liedsonjoao.jpg

Liédson celebrates his injury time winner with Captain João Moutinho

749.gifTSG 1899 Hoffenheim (scratch) 1 - 4 Sporting CP (Hereticboy) 128.gif

Sporting CP scorers:

Hélder Postiga 21, 23

Liédson 38, 90

Team avg rating: 7

In honesty I can't really say the same about this match. Scratch's only shot, and indeed shot on target, was from a penalty. This game was pretty much done by the third goal. Scratch started to come back into it, but with his team trying to attack, he was bound to leave a gap, and Liédson filled it in injury time to close the game off. Scratch started speaking of relegation, but I assured him it was just a dodgy start. You'll be fine, mate.

Match stats

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim	-	Sporting CP
1 Shots 11
1 On target 9
41 Possession 59
15 Tackles 20
1 Fouls 1
0 Yellow cards 1
0 Red cards 0
0 Corners 2
0% Shot acc 0%
0% Passing acc 0%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

5 - Hélder Postiga

2 - Liédson

1 - Tonel

1 - Marat Izmailov

Highest rated - (Team avg: 6.:(

8 - João Moutinho

7.75 - Hélder Postiga

7.25 - Anderson Polga

bento600.jpg

"I'm happy to see my players keeping pressure on the league leaders. We're only second on

goal difference, and that's a good start for us. In the next few weeks we'll hopefully go about

our business in a quiet and confident manner, and we'll see where we are then."

Just to help Kammy out a bit, here are some more results to feed into that prediction computer he calls a brain.

ASM 1 Razzle 1

Razzle 2 ASM 2

Both sides left disappointed after sharing the points. I was saved by my keeper on more than one occasion and I thnk ASM will feel he could have got more out of the games.

With 4 draws in a row Kammy might want to put a cross next to Parklife on his pools coopon this week!

ASM 1 Razzle 1

Razzle 2 ASM 2

Couldn't believe how close these two games were. We both had plenty of chances, but neither of us could hold on for the full points. In the first I scored early on, and was defending well till Raz slipped one in in the final minutes. We both then had good clear chances to take the 3 points, but neither could take advantage.

The second was more of the same. I don't think I have ever had so many shots on target, but Razzles's keeper was doing a fantastic job.

Cheers for the games mate very enjoyable.

3288299142_e2e332eed4_o.jpg

I was told you were pencilled in for a win or two, but Kammy was impressed by Billy last week.

He's too good for Fulham, really.

Sorry, only just seen this. I think it’s more that I’m incredibly erratic at this game to be honest. Last night I took Mitchell from the Championship to a replay in the League Cup and had chances to win it outright, but if I play a game I’m expected to win relatively easily then I often crumble and lose confidence quickly if I’m not a goal to the good early on.

It also takes ages for me to ‘click’ with a team, so with me being so far down the selection order this season, I thought I’d be better off sticking with The Cottagers. Mind you, if I’d known that West Ham would trickle down then I would have perhaps gone for them; being a Crewe fan I have an unhealthy worship for the much-maligned Ashton. Mind you, I have got Super Danny Murphy in my midfield…

Sorry, only just seen this. I think it’s more that I’m incredibly erratic at this game to be honest. Last night I took Mitchell from the Championship to a replay in the League Cup and had chances to win it outright, but if I play a game I’m expected to win relatively easily then I often crumble and lose confidence quickly if I’m not a goal to the good early on.

It also takes ages for me to ‘click’ with a team, so with me being so far down the selection order this season, I thought I’d be better off sticking with The Cottagers. Mind you, if I’d known that West Ham would trickle down then I would have perhaps gone for them; being a Crewe fan I have an unhealthy worship for the much-maligned Ashton. Mind you, I have got Super Danny Murphy in my midfield…

I thought you stuck with them because you like cottaging? <_<

Mind you, if I’d known that West Ham would trickle down then I would have perhaps gone for them; being a Crewe fan I have an unhealthy worship for the much-maligned Ashton.

I wish you bloody had gone for them because then I wouldn't have been able to pick them!

As for Ashton...rearrange the following words:

cow's hit arse banjo could not with a

Fulham 0-1 Getafe

Getafe will feel a bit downhearted that they failed to find the net more than once in the 1st half. Fulham were simply a rock at the back, forcing Getafe to nothing shots from outside the box. Getafe were solid and held the ball well. It took until the 2nd half for a well worked move to slide in Uche to make it 1-0. Getafe after a poor opening to the season sat back nervously but were able to see the game out and restrict Fulham to 2 shots and a lot of frustration

Getafe 1-2 Fulham

Similar game to the 1st, but a hell of a lot more scrappy affair. Getafe once again edged the 1st half, but were unable to get off as many shots. The game was mainly played out in the middle third. Fulham hit on the break midway through the 2nd half to go 1-0 up, however Getafe surged forward and forced a quick leveller through Uche's persistence and surging break into the box. The game looked to be heading for a draw when Fulham broke again and despite the keeper keeping out Dempseys shot the ball fell to an unmarked Johnson to win the game late on. Getafe weren't done yet and forced one more change. Fulham held firm to claim the win.

Plenty of positives to take from this game, I knew what to expect from Bill and he knew what to expect from me. We pretty much nullified each others play and 3 points each if much deserved. Good luck for the rest of the season matey.

Sporting grab two wins to keep the heat on Fenerbeejay

marat2600.jpg

Marat Izmailov took his cup form into this game, scoring the only goal

128.gifSporting CP (Hereticboy) 1 - 0 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (scratch) 749.gif

Sporting CP scorers:

Marat Izmailov 9

Team avg rating: 6.91

This was a really tight game. I started off brightly and managed to get a goal early on through Marat Izmailov on 9 minutes. I had a few more half chances, but most of this half was spent by me passing the ball about looking for an opening. The second half was pretty much all Scratch. His two shots on target were really good chances, and my keeper did well to save them. Scratch pretty much turned the screw for most of this half, and for some reason I couldn't move the ball about or play much football at all. The ball just kept falling back to Scratch's players, and I wouldn't do anything threatening. Thankfully, towards the end of the half I started to keep the ball more. This helped me a lot, and despite not creating chances, I managed to see the game out.

Match stats

Sporting CP	-	TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
4 Shots 4
2 On target 2
63 Possession 37
0 Tackles 0
0 Fouls 0
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
1 Corners 6
50% Shot acc 50%
85% Passing acc 72%

liedsonjoao.jpg

Liédson celebrates his injury time winner with Captain João Moutinho

749.gifTSG 1899 Hoffenheim (scratch) 1 - 4 Sporting CP (Hereticboy) 128.gif

Sporting CP scorers:

Hélder Postiga 21, 23

Liédson 38, 90

Team avg rating: 7

In honesty I can't really say the same about this match. Scratch's only shot, and indeed shot on target, was from a penalty. This game was pretty much done by the third goal. Scratch started to come back into it, but with his team trying to attack, he was bound to leave a gap, and Liédson filled it in injury time to close the game off. Scratch started speaking of relegation, but I assured him it was just a dodgy start. You'll be fine, mate.

Match stats

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim	-	Sporting CP
1 Shots 11
1 On target 9
41 Possession 59
15 Tackles 20
1 Fouls 1
0 Yellow cards 1
0 Red cards 0
0 Corners 2
0% Shot acc 0%
0% Passing acc 0%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

5 - Hélder Postiga

2 - Liédson

1 - Tonel

1 - Marat Izmailov

Highest rated - (Team avg: 6.:lol:

8 - João Moutinho

7.75 - Hélder Postiga

7.25 - Anderson Polga

bento600.jpg

"I'm happy to see my players keeping pressure on the league leaders. We're only second on

goal difference, and that's a good start for us. In the next few weeks we'll hopefully go about

our business in a quiet and confident manner, and we'll see where we are then."

First game I was happy to restrict your chances, and maybe could have sneaked an equaliser when I had my very brief spell putting you under pressure.

second match was business as usual for you, just couldn't get the ball off you and the scoreline could have been much much worse.

CFTG & chat Craig, perhaps a change of tactics will bring me more luck :).

Tough couple of weeks for me, no points here (although that was not a suprise) and next up is Billy who was a handful last season with Fulham.

Well, I'm sure Kammy will put me down for two defeats!

By the way, I'm due to play you. You around tomorrow to get it played?

Sorry, I'm off camping tomorrow. First night I'll be available will be Wednesday but I should be available then for the next few nights.

Ashton silences his critics as Ajax self-destruct

DeanAshtonAP_468x670.jpg

Ajax 0-0 West Ham

Both teams went into this game in poor spirits having failed to win either of their opening two fixtures. The two managers had squared up against each other last season with Portsmouth and Hertha Berlin, but both had decided to move on for bigger and (supposedly) better things. Bamber edged Siread out in Season 17 picking up four points in a couple of tightly contested matches. Bamber had been furious with his strikers last time out and as a result made a shock decision to drop both Di Michele and Cole and instead give Kieron Dyer a chance up front playing off Ashton. This game displayed just how little separates the two managers with some end-to-end scrappy football during which neither team could break the other down - Bamber's plan had failed. The best chance of the game fell to Jack Collison, restored to the midfield following Dyer's advanced role. Collison's shot from the edge of the area cracked against the bar and rebounded to the midfielder but just as it looked a certain goal the Ajax keeper rose up from the floor to make an excellent point-blank save. However, in the second half Ajax piled on the pressure, prompting some desperate defending on the part of the Hammers. On the balance of play, a draw was probably a fair result.

West Ham 1-0 Ajax

The Hammers finally notched up their first three point haul of the season with a narrow 1-0 win over the Dutch side in the return fixture. It was another close game with chances few and far between. Bamber reshuffled his pack bringing Carlton Cole back into the starting XI, dropping Dyer back into the centre of midfield at the expense of the unfortunate Collison. After a tense opening half-hour, Bamber's tinkering finally paid dividends. Carlton Cole latched onto a through ball and managed to take the ball away from the last Ajax defender whose clumsy challenge resulted in a straight red card for a professional foul. Now up against ten men, West Ham began to attack more freely and their persistence paid off halfway through the second half when Dean Ashton broke clear and calmly slotted home his first of the season. As he wheeled away to celebrate he brought his finger to his lips, perhaps a message to former manager Bradigor who recently launched a stinging attack on the former Crewe frontman. The Hammers could, and should, have added a second when Carlton Cole was one-on-one with the keeper, but his miss served to highlight that West Ham's goalscoring problems remain. As Ajax sought an equaliser they left themselves open at the back and had another man sent off attempting to prevent a goalscoring opportunity. Ajax did threaten with five minutes to go, but a superb Rob Green save deflected to the Ajax right winger who wasted the follow-up chance. The final whistle eventually blew to signal relief on the West Ham bench.

Cheers for the matches Siread, they were really tense and I don't think there was much between us at all. My defence held firm when on another day you could have probably scored bagfuls. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Countdown To War

article-1052125-0277A2DB00000578-369_306x423.jpg

We today caught up with Getafe manager bradigor for a response to Ashton's controversial celebration in West Ham's 1-0 win over Ajax. Bradigor had little to say except. "Lets see what happens in two weeks, we will respond on the pitch"

Expect more on this story over the coming days as we look ahead to what will be something of a grudge match, when Ashton's West Ham meet his former manager's new team Getafe.

Kammy's stuck in traffic, so can't do his predos at the minute. He has, however, received AlfromSleep's warning and has sent me the following:

76.gifASM vs AlfromSleep134.gif

Both teams have had decent starts, and I've especially been impressed by Besiktas. ASM could only get two draws against Genoa, who are in my opinion one of the weeker sides of the competition. AlfromSleep got a win last week, and he could see himself getting mroe this week. Sampdoria, however, have quality, and they'll want to show it after last week's disappointment.

Verdict: A win each.