IGNORED

League Two - Official Dressing Room

Whatever happens tonight it will be a shame if we don't get to play with the likes of Billy, Siread and the rest of the L2 crew as they're a good bunch.

Hoping to join you in league 1 next season but i'm the rank outsider going into the playoffs. Last nights BAP debacle has put me off my game :eyebrows:

Hoping to join you in league 1 next season but i'm the rank outsider going into the playoffs. Last nights BAP debacle has put me off my game :eyebrows:

The playoffs are always a lottery but after I've got tonight's games and match report out of the way I'll do a league 2 news playoff predictions post.

Fenerbeejay shut out Billy Brown to take title

super%20cup%20champions%20fenerbahce.jpg

Fenerbeejay celebrate their unexpected title glory

Billy Brown 0 - 2 Fenerbeejay

Fenerbeejay 3 - 0 Billy Brown

Senturk x 4

Alex

A night of celebration for the Turks as they hold on to top spot to take a well deserved title.

Fenerbeejay started the night uncertain of how their fierce title rivals, Sporting clube de Heretic had got on in their final fixtures but knew that 6 points would secure the title. In the end they needed, and got them.

The statistics from the first fixture of 10 shots to 0 in no way represents the play with Billy having equal amounts of the possession without creating any clear cut chances. The Fenerbeejay back line had the pace and power to hold off the attacks and Billy couldn’t create any clear chances.

At 0 – 0 after 60 minutes Fenerbeejay were starting to create some better chances and control more of the play. Guiza was played in and blazed wide from close range. The players ran back to defend the goal kick when much to their shock, the referee pointed to the spot. The replay indicated that Guiza had been taken late this was deemed a penalty by the ref.

Alex stepped up with the weight of title expectation on his shoulders. He slotted the ball into the top right hand corner to give Fenerbeejay what proved to be the winning goal which set their manager up for his first league title in only his second season.

On the 76th minute Fenerbeejay won a corner on the right and the ever dependable player of the season, Senturk rose to seal the win with a powerful header.

With one eye on the title Fenerbeejay chose a different tactical approach in the second game choosing to play a more direct and deep game. They got the run of the ball in the 7th minute when Senturk broke free to slot home. All they needed to do now was hold on. Billy Brown were not going to roll over and whipped in some dangerous crosses, a couple of which, should have been converted.

Fenerbeejay put a second hand on the title when, in the 60th minute Senturk again coolly finished. In a fitting moment for the player of the season, he sealed his hat trick and Fenerbeejay’s title on 74 minutes. The fans didn’t stop cheering for the remaining time as Fenerbeejay confidently knocked the ball around with the opposition beaten.

“We didn’t think in our wildest dreams that we would be in this position at the start of the season but we have won the title and every player deserves huge praise”

Veteran player Roberto Carlos:

“Me and the boss may not have had the best relationship this year but he has delivered the goods and that’s all that matters.”

When pushed on SuperstarBeejay’s future he remained noncommittal:

“I’ve got a lot to think about. There are offers on the table and I will have to see where I go next. Right now, a season to rest and come back refreshed for the season after seems the sensible option”

Now that my season is finally complete I thought I'd say thanks to everyone for some great matches and chat.

Another year in League 2 beckons in Fifa10, hopefully I can bag a stronger side despite my improvement in the 2nd half of the season so it looks like I'll be smuggled out of the BJK İnönü Stadium in the boot of a saloon car as the fans don't like a quitter ;)

• 3 weeks later...